The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on Chicago Hope

Number of comments: 2

(post new comment)
From: dsfshipper
Date: 02/17/2011
I'm not sure that I agree that RayV called RayK "Stanley" because RayV believed that only Fraser should call RayK "Ray."

Instead, I like to think that RayV used "Stanley" because he regularly bestows nicknames on those whom he likes and loves (that explains "Benny"). I don't think RayV's use of "Stanley" on the show was intended to be an insult - the one time he said, he seemed to say it with amusement, not snideness, and that amusement would have turned into affection once he and RayK became close friends (and they would have become good friends had the series continued).

It was wonderful to see RayK's point of view about Fraser's death, but I do wish you have balanced the story somewhat with RayV's point of view as well. I almost think that RayV's grief over Fraser's death was glossed over too much. Even if you don't think that there was any way for RayV and Fraser to have been romantic partners in the past, you can't deny that RayV dearly, dearly loved Fraser as family, and I think he would be a lot more broken up about losing Fraser than he was portayed - especially when he may have been plenty upset about his breakup with Stella and needing to talk to his best friend. I would have liked to see RayK comfort RayV equally.

I do want to thank you for a RayV and RayK who became genuine friends, even if it took Fraser's death to bring them together, and a non-judgemental, non-homophobic RayV. RayV's homophobia is a fandom cliche that I'd like to see disappear entirely. It just causes bad feelings.

From: peoriapeoria
Date: 08/21/2010
Aw. Smooshes RayK. I can totally see RayV deciding that 'Ray' belongs to Fraser, just like 'Benny' was his special name for their Mountie.

Benton, that was not buddies going and getting dead.

This was a good story.

(post new comment)