The Due South Fiction Archive Entry

 

Restraint


by
spuffyduds

Disclaimer: These very pretty people are not mine.

Author's Notes: Done for the LiveJournal ds_snippets prompt of "restraint."
And, uh, I loves me some feedback. I'm just sayin'.

Story Notes: Hmm, I couldn't get the highlighting on the pairings to work correctly. This is RayK/Stella, RayK/Fraser and RayK/RayV.


Stella did it with a look. Shot him a "you're flirting again" glare from across the room at parties, and he tried to tamp it down. But he was so used to flirting with Stella--even after they were married he tried so hard to keep impressing her, keep entertaining her, keep her--that he couldn't turn it off when he talked to women. So, okay, he started just talking to the guys at parties, and that was an easy solution, and fun, and then one night the look she gave him from across the room said, "Oh," and Ray thought, oh.

Fraser did it with words but he used too fucking many of them, like, "if you could possibly restrain yourself from invading people's personal space quite so much, Ray," that by the time Ray figured out what he was talking about, that Fraser was so shy himself that he pretty much thought everything was flirting, it was too late. Fraser was sure Ray was gone, couldn't be talked out of knowing Ray was gone, and Ray, dammit, was gone, and he never meant to be.

Vecchio? Vecchio is a literal kind of guy. His idea of teaching Ray a little restraint is cuffing him to the bed. Ray wakes up in the middle of the fucking night with Vecchio hard and heavy and pinning him down, clicking the cuffs closed, biting his way down Ray's rib cage and growling, "What the fuck were you thinking, talking to that guy so long?" and "He thought he was gonna get to touch you," and "Don't you ever do that again," and Ray gasps and says yes, yes, sorry, yours, just yours, and then Vecchio stops talking because he's got his mouth full.

Ray is no idiot. Ray flirts a lot.


 

End Restraint by spuffyduds

Author and story notes above.

Please post a comment on this story.
Read posted comments.