The Due South Fiction Archive Entry

 

Watching Your Step 6


by
Vicki Tub

Disclaimer: Not mine just minding them will give them back.

Author's Notes: Enjoy this i hope.

Story Notes: If you don't like a male/male pairing turn back now. If you do continue and enjoy.

SequelTo: Watching Your Step 5


Chapter 6

Once in the queen's bedroom Ray sighed with relief. Ray was so happy to be out of the hospital. Ray watched as Fraser put his bags down warmth came over Ray for the affection he had for him. Fraser was such and extraordinary, kind and loving man. Fraser was one of a kind.

Fraser put his hand on Ray's shoulder, "Ray would you like to lie down on the bed or sit on the couch"?.

Ray eyed the bed and the couch, "Frase I think the couch. I've enough of the bed for now".

Fraser got Ray settled on the couch. Fraser propped Ray's leg up on the coffee table with a cushion for support.

Fraser spoke in an affectionate tone, "Ray would you care for some coffee and a bite to eat"?.

Ray took the remote control that Fraser handed him, "Coffee would be great Frase, thank you".

Fraser left Ray alone to go make his coffee. Fraser laughed to himself while stirring in Ray's beloved chocolate. Fraser thought that, `Ray has some very strange tastes. Makes me love Ray all the more'.

Fraser came back with a coffee for Ray and a tea for himself and a nice plate of chocolate biscuits Ray's favourite.

Fraser sat handing Ray his coffee along with the biscuits, "Hope that's to your liking Ray"?.

Ray tasted the coffee and delighted in the taste, "its perfect Frase. You know me well, chocolate huh"?.

Fraser and Ray settled back in the couch enjoyed watching a baseball game on TV. Fraser also managed to get a copy of the baseball game Ray took part in as part of his undercover work. Fraser just for the fun of it made Ray watch a curling video.

Fraser turned to look at Ray to see that Ray had fallen asleep on his shoulder. Ray always fell asleep while on pain medication.

Fraser turned off the TV and carefully picked Ray up in his arms. Fraser did his best not to wake Ray.

Fraser put Ray into bed and tucked him in. Fraser couldn't resist petting Ray's hair, "Rest Ray".

Ray murmured in his sleep and cuddled more into the covers sleeping soundly.

Fraser unpacked Ray's bag and cleaned up a little while Ray slept.

Inspector Thatcher offered to sit with Ray for awhile so Fraser could get some rest. Fraser was worried about Ray. Ray tended to sleep walk while on medication and that was not good with a broken leg.

Inspector Thatcher laughed to herself. While watching Ray sleep. Even in sleep Ray could not stay still. She could see that Ray was saying something. So Inspector Thatcher moved closer to see if she could hear what it was.

Leaning close to Ray she could hear Ray say, "Ben, Ben, Ben. Love Ya Ben".

Inspector Thatcher pulled back face flushed, "Oh dear".

Ray woke struggling with the covers that trapped him. So Inspector Thatcher help Ray free him from them.

Ray shyly smiled at her, "Sorry Frase can be a bit over protective".

Ray felt a bit strange lying there with Fraser's boss looking down at him.

Ray and the Inspector were chatting for a little bit. Ray finally got up the nerve to ask her a question that has been on his mind.

Ray cleared his throat, "Inspector can I ask you something"?.

Inspector Thatcher looked wondering what, "Of course. What is it that you want to ask me"?.

Ray fiddled with the blankets, "I don't want to be rude or anything but can I ask. Why do you give Frase such a hard time? Fraser is an excellent police officer. Yet you have him fetching your dry cleaning".

Inspector Thatcher couldn't meet Ray's eyes, "I don't know why to be honest".

Ray furrowed his eyebrows, "You must know. I mean I've seen Frase after you've cut him to shreds and he looks like shit. I'm sorry but it hurts me to see him like that".

Inspector Thatcher looked down, "I know. I don't know why. It just seems to come out of my mouth before I can stop it. I'll try harder not to do that".

They were interrupted by a knock at the door.

Inspector Thatcher called out, "Come in".

Turnbull entered carrying a tray of coffee and homemade biscuits.

Sounding WAY too cheerful for one person, "Ray would you like to have this in bed or on the couch"?.

Yawning, "Couch. I'll have it on the couch thanks".

Ray was thankful to see Fraser come in the door as the Inspector left. Now Fraser could help him to the couch, rather then Turnbull.

Ray got to his feet, "Thanks buddy. Thank you Turnbull".

Fraser and Ray sat enjoying their tea and coffee.

Fraser looked at Ray, "Ray you alright. You must be bored been cooped up. Going from the hospital to here"?.

Ray scratched his head, "Frase to be honest I am bored. Can we go for a walk in the wheelchair or something"?

Fraser took an envelope out of his pocket and handed it to Ray, "Ray since you're bored. I thought you might enjoy this"?.

Ray was confused but took the envelope, "Frase what's this"?.

Fraser smiled shaking his head, "Ray if you open it you'll find out"?.

Ray opened the envelope to find two wheelchair tickets to tonight's Cubs V NY Yankees game.

Ray's mouth dropped open and he stuttered, "H-how, w-when, F-Frase. How did you get these? This game has been sold out since the fixtures were made. I've been trying forever. I kept getting sorry sir your on the list".

Fraser was trilled that Ray was happy with them, "Ray I thought you might like some cheering up. So I called in a favour from a friend of mine who works there. Oh and also there is some passes for the players lounge if you're up to it".

Ray could not believe it, "Frase thank you so much. You've no idea what this means to me. Is this a dream? I'm going to wake up right"?.

Fraser laughed, "No Ray it's not a dream. I'm happy that you like them. So who are you going to ask to the game Ray"?.

Ray looked at Fraser as if he was nuts, "Frase are you crazy. There is no one I'd rather share this with then you. You crazy Mountie".

Ray pulled Fraser into a very strong hug whispering into his ear, "Frase thank you for everything. Not just the tickets. Your friendship, you've never seen me as Veccico always Kowalski. You got mw over Stella and Sally. Frase there is something that I have to tell you".

Ray paused biting his lip.

Fraser looked Ray in the eye, "What do you want to tell me. Is something wrong"?.

Ray shyly met Fraser's eyes, "Frase please don't hate me, but I have to tell you. Fr-Ben I love you. I've loved you from the moment I saw you. I love you with everything that I have".

Fraser looked at Ray stunned, "Y-you love me"?.

Ray nodded, "Ya, ya I do".

Fraser smiled a smile Ray had never seen before, "Ray I to love you. I love you so, so much with everything that I have".

Ray's face nearly broke from smiling, "You do. So am Ben will you like to kiss me then"?.

Fraser didn't hesitate and pulled Ray into a loving kiss that turned passionate.

As they broke for air Ray pressed his forehead to Fraser's, "God I love you so much".

Fraser kissed Ray's forehead, "And I you. So much".


 

End Watching Your Step 6 by Vicki Tub

Author and story notes above.

Please post a comment on this story.