The Due South Fiction Archive Entry

 

Caroline in the city chapter 6


by
vicki tub

Disclaimer: don't own them pity huh

Author's Notes: For everyone

Story Notes: None


Chapter 6

They were both now practically bouncing on their heels as they first passengers were starting to come out. As the passengers lessoned Ben and Ray started to worry as there was no sign of Caroline.

Just before Ray was about to rip off some heads there she was Caroline was talking a mile a minute and smiling along with the air Stuart.

Caroline spotted them right away and started squealing with glee, "Daddy, Daddy, Ray, Ray"

Even in her excitement on seeing her daddy and Ray she stuck to the rules her mummy and daddy gave her before she left and didn't run or leave the air Stuart's side.

Ben and Ray approached introducing themselves, "Good day Ma'm I'm Benton Fraser this is Ray Kowalski we are here to pick up my daughter Caroline. Caroline is great to see you sweetheart did you have a good trip"?

"Yes daddy we flew way up in the sky and Dee-Dee helped all the way" Caroline replied smiling.

Dee-Dee blushed shaking their hands, "Caroline was very good the best little girl I've looked after up in the air"

Ben beamed with pride, "Dee-Dee that's a very usual name"

Laughing lightly, "That's what my friends call me my name is actually Davina Divine"

Ray's mouth as usual was faster then his brain, "So you're a double D then"?

Realising what he just said Ray turned to the colour of Ben's dress uniform. Trying to cover his words Ray babbled, "I'm not taking about you know about your breasts I'm sure you have very nice ones not that I was looking at them and oh lord what I meant was that's not what I meant what I meant was that you have a double D name. This isn't coming out right Ben help me please"

"What Ray is trying to say is thank you for taking such good care of Caroline", Ben couldn't help but laugh putting an arm around his Ray.

Dee-Dee took sympathy, "I knew what you meant Ray its ok it was quite funny actually"

"I'm still sorry my mouth is faster then my brain", Ray said still not meeting anyone's eyes.

Caroline was now in Ben's arms hugging him as they showed their ID'S and signed the forms so that they could take Caroline home.

Now on their own Caroline's hug tightened, "I missed you daddy, I missed you to daddy Ray"

Looking shocked Ray looked from Ben to Caroline, "Daddy Ray did you just call me daddy Ray"?

"Yep you're my daddy boyfriend so that make you my new daddy I have three daddies isn't that cool", Caroline smiled.

Holding his arms out for a hug Caroline jumped into Ray's arms, "Love you Caroline"

"Love you to daddy Ray, love you daddy Ben", Caroline whispered as she fell asleep in Ray's arms.

Ben picked up her bags eyes shining bright with tears of joy watching Ray carrying Caroline to the car.

The journey home in the car was a quite one Caroline was fast asleep worn out from her journey and all the excitement.

The little girl woke up just as they pulled into the driveway of their home.

In a sing-song voice Ray sang, "Home again, home again jigedy jig"

That made them all laugh Caroline giggled, "Your funny daddy Ray"

"Thank you sweetheart are you ready to see your room now", Ray replied while still in the car.

Bouncing into the house holding both their hands Dief following wagging his tail. They eagerly made their way up the stairs to see it. Ray was very nervous what if she didn't like what id he got it all wrong.

All his doubts and fears were gone in a flash with the look on Caroline's face and a smile so big and so bright she could light up the world with it.

"Wow it's a cloud bed just like I wanted wow Daddy, daddy Ray can I go up on it please. Oh look that's mammy and daddy on the wall with my horse look oh look oh cool", Caroline couldn't contain her excitement on seeing all Ray had done.

Ben lifted Caroline onto her cloud bed, "Do you like it Ray did all this just for you as a special surprise what do you say"?

Hugging her teddy closer, "Thank you kindly daddy Ray I love it"

Kissing her cheek Ray felt himself tear up, "Your welcome darling"

They little girls eyes were growing heavy sleep was starting to take over. So Ben and Ray tucked her in with Diefenbaker lying on the floor by her bedside to keep her safe in her sleep.

Ben and Ray sat down with their tea watching tonight's hockey game on the TV Blackhawk's V Bruins. Ray's head was resting on Ben's shoulder and Ben felt Ray sign in contentment which made Ben smile snuggling closer to his lover.

"Is everything alright Ray", Ben asked not been able to help himself.

Looking at Ben in his deep blue eyes Ray was now shedding a tear, "Caroline called me daddy Ray is that ok with you with David and Lisa because I wouldn't want to cause a problem I wouldn't want to intrude"

Kissing Ray's forehead, "I'm very ok with it Ray and I know Davis and Lisa would be otherwise Caroline wouldn't have said it Ray"

Cuddling closer to Ben, "Love you Ben so much and love Caroline so much as well Ben"

Returning Ray's embrace, "And we love you so much"

"So Ben what will we do with Caroline whiles she's here. Oh I know lets take her to the zoo oh and the parks and of course ice staking", Ray babbled on and on as Ben listened loving the sound of an excited Ray.

Caroline lay on her cloud bed dreaming of puppies and kittens and of her new big family. Feeling like the luckiest little girl in the world wondering what her adventure in Chicago would bring her. Smiling in her sleep Caroline continued to dream snuggling into her bed.


 

End Caroline in the city chapter 6 by vicki tub

Author and story notes above.

Please post a comment on this story.