Demons

by silvina

Author's website: http://www.learnlink.emory.edu/~sdelcul/index2.html

Disclaimer: Standard Disclaimer. For purposes of this story, Ray is older than Maria and Francesca. Please send comments, questions, compliments, and otters to sdelcul@yahoo.com.

Author's Notes:

Story Notes:


if you've never heard that silence, it's a God awful sound "kody," Matchbox 20

Years later he would barely remember the funeral. He'd remember the flowers, but not understand why he hated lilies. He would forget the sights and smells of the funeral, would remember the silence that reigned over the house for months. He wouldn't remember how things were *before, * because he was too young. Everything would change, and he would only remember later.

He stopped asking where Carmine Jr., nicknamed Carlo was when his father hit him and his mother began crying. At six years old he didn't understand and it had never been explained to him. As his parents withdrew he began to think that Carlo had been sent away for being bad. Terrified that the same would happen to him, he did everything his mother asked, including keeping the toddler Francesca occupied.

Finding Fraser was at first like finding a brother. A strange Canadian brother, yes, but a brother anyway. The wolf, of course, was like a furry family member too. And then a few hesitant overtures left him terrified, again without knowing why.

Oh, he knew the Catholic Church frowned heavily on homosexuals. He knew his mother held a great respect for the church and its teachings, and therefore was also likely to frown upon a relationship. He didn't know why the thought of disappointing his mother left him cold and decidedly un-romantic towards his best friend's advances, because when they were alone, his mother was the farthest thing from his mind.


End Demons by silvina: sdelcul@yahoo.com

Author and story notes above.