Title: Odyssey

Author: Caffre

Rating: R

Pairing: Fraser and Kowalski

Disclaimer: Not mine but Alliances. But I like to think that they get a little fun out of their visits with me.

Note: First off, a BIG thank you kindly to Kali for being pretty much brilliant and not throwing my lack of grammar skills in my face. That line you liked? Consider it yours! There is a bit of a plot to this story so be careful. Still, I think the sex kinda makes up for it. Have fun!

Mail: caffre19@hotmail.com



* * * * Odyssey* * * *



“Vecchio!”

Ray almost, almost, dropped the coffee in his hand at the sound of Welsh bellowing across the bullpen. He turned from his conversation with Delaney, his hand unconsciously slipping up to scratch at the back of his neck as he tilted his head up slightly, eyebrows rising in question at the Lieutenant.

Welsh just glared some more at him, Ray understanding that that was his way of being affectionate. Huey and Dewey brushed past him smiling as they were coming out of his office. Well, Huey was smiling. Dewey was just smirking.

“Shit, this does not bode well.” He paused as he set down his coffee on his desk. “I'm saying bode now? Ok, officially too much time has been spent in Fraser's company.” He headed over to Welsh, both Huey and Dewey laughing at their own desk.
He ignored them. Huey was ok, but Dewey could be a real pain in the ass sometimes. Kowalski just figured the guy was warped.

“What's the 911 Lieutenant?”

“Sit down Detective. But not before you close the door. What I'm about to say, you might not want the rest of the squad room in on.”

Kowalski frowned as he closed the door; Dewey and Huey were already talking to Delaney.

“Might be a bit late for that.”

“You ever heard of Henry's?”

“Henry's…Henry's… Sounds vaguely familiar. Why?”        

Welsh picked up a thick manila file that had been sitting on his desk and threw it at the blonde detective.

“It's a gay bar down on Oakley Street.”

Ray flicked through the file, pictures of men and women with bruises covering their faces, obviously taken at hospital. He suddenly looked up at Welsh.

“Gay bashing?”

Welsh nodded.

“Exactly. The local community down there has been complaining about it for a while now, and the 15th has had some patrol cars keeping an eye on the place, but it hasn't really helped much. Then there was the murder last night.”

Another folder was picked up off the desk and thrown at Ray. Stifling a shudder, he scanned the autopsy photos and report. Shocked blue eyes looked back at the older man across the desk, his posture, Ray noticing, one of pure exhaustion
“This guy was tortured.”

Welsh nodded.

“Poor bastard was kept alive for a couple of days, then put out of his misery. The guy, Denny Miller, lived alone, none of his neighbours even noticed he was missing. It took a missed meeting with Miller's mother to get the police involved. Most of the 15
th are known down in that area, and seeing as the Lieutenant over there is a friend of mine, I agreed when he asked for a couple of our guys to work on it.”

Ray frowned. “Why me? I mean, you had Huey and Dewey in here a minute ago, why not them?”

Welsh nodded his head towards the glass partition. “I said gay, Dewey said fag. I don't think he's 'stable' enough for this case. Besides, they've got the Franklin hearing to see to, and I don't want to get that messed up.”

“So, what do you want me to do?”

* * * * *

Fraser lay in his new apartment, a rare, relaxed smile on his face. Diefenbaker was lying on the floor, stretched out in front of the fire. Ray had found the place for him, and he'd been surprised to discover an old fireplace had been walled up there. Ray had mocked him slightly when he'd told him he'd been examining the original plans for the old building, wanting to get a feel for the place, and with the landlords permission, Fraser had restored the fireplace, and was currently enjoying the natural warmth of a real, glowing fire.

A knock on his door quickly brought him to his feet. There was only one person it could be and he felt the smile on his face grow slightly. Still, it wouldn't do for Ray to see him looking so happy; it would only make him suspicious as to why. Reigning in his feelings, he pulled open the door.

“Hello Ray.”

“Hey Fraser. Listen, can I talk to you for a second?”

Fraser stood aside, letting Ray into the apartment. “Do you really think a second would be long enough Ray? I don't think its possible to hold a conversation in such a small amount of time.”

Ray flung himself onto the cot by the fire. “Hey, Mountie humour. Go figure. Actually, I need your help on a case.”

Fraser closed the door and joined Ray on the cot.

“What is it?”

Ray pulled the file Welsh had given him from his jacket, giving him a brief outline of what had been going on while Fraser read about it.

“And you want me to assist you in bringing the perpetrators to justice?”

“Yeah, yeah, something like that. The thing is, I kinda need you to, ah, well, be my boyfriend for a while.” He looked up at Fraser, to see how he had taken his request, his eyes sparkling with mischief. He quickly brought them down to the fire. “Well? What do ya think? Could you go for the skinny type?”

Fraser's fingers suddenly lost the will to grip as he looked up at his friend, almost dropping the file.

“What?” Fraser asked. He hadn't meant to sound so nervous.

“Well, its just, I have to go undercover as a gay man, and while I have nothing against anyone, you know me, I'll try anything once, its just that, well, you're my friend and Welsh wants me to have immediate backup, and if its not you then it's a complete stranger from the 15
th, and I'd rather it was a friend than a stranger, 'cause I don't really know a lot when it comes to two guys and I don't want to look like an idiot, I mean, I'm supposed to be gay, not clueless, which for a detective, especially one undercover as a gay man, can be really embarrassing and…”

Fraser cut him off with a smile. “Ray, you're babbling.”

Taking a deep breath. “Yeah, well, so? Are you or what?”

Fraser took a steadying breath himself. This was almost perfect as far as he was concerned. Ray had no idea how Fraser felt about him. This would give him the opportunity to do a spot of undercover work himself, find out how Ray truly felt about gays in general and him in particular.

“I'd be honoured to be your partner in this Ray, however, we do have one small problem?”

Ray nodded. “Yeah, the Ice Queen. Welsh said he'd ok it with her if you agree.” He cast a look at Diefenbaker. “We'll have to leave the wolf out of it. Anyone spots you with him and we'd be made in a flash. Everyone knows the Mountie with the wolf.”

Fraser looked at Diefenbaker himself before turning back to Ray. “They do?”

Fraser noted the large grin that came with Ray's response. “Hell, you're practically famous in Chicago, Frase. Guy in a red suit who jumps offa buildings and out of moving cars, sure, your gonna get a name for yourself. Maybe not one I'd repeat, but a name none the less.” Ray stood up. “I gotta go. We start tomorrow morning. We've got an apartment to move into down near Henry's, so I'll pick ya up in the van at, say 8:00 tomorrow morning?”

“Eight would be perfect Ray. That'll give me enough time to get Dief sorted.”

They both walked over to the door, a general air of awkwardness suddenly invading the room.

“So,” said Ray. “Tomorrow then. Bright and early.” He opened the door, and stepped out, turning back to look at his friend, who was still in the apartment.

Fraser nodded.

“Tomorrow. Understood Ray.”

Ray nodded himself, sticking his hands even deeper into his pockets. “Right. See ya then.” A quick flash of that smile and he turned sharply and walked away, leaving Fraser with a smile of his own as he closed the door.

* * * * *

“Ray! Language!” The man in question turned to look at Fraser, who was standing at the entrance of the apartment block, a large box in his hands.

Ray mumbled something under his breath, before looking back at Fraser.

“Sorry. Sorry. It's just heavy all right. My foot objected when it fell on it and launched a protest with my mouth.”

The frown didn't leave Fraser's face, but his eyes told a different story. Ray felt his own good humour returning. He liked the way he knew his friend well enough to be able to see when he was joking or when he was serious.

“We're almost done. I'll make us some lunch when you get that box up.”

Ray felt his muscles shake at the weight of the box in his hands.

“Yeah?”

Ray was closer now, as Fraser waited for him at the bottom of the steps.

“Yes Ray.”

Fraser nearly dropped his own box when Ray, glancing about quickly, leant closer to him and kissed him gently on the cheek.

“We're being watched.” He whispered, before he said more loudly. “Sounds great Ben.” He smiled as he left Fraser, who was feeling more than stunned at the brief but warming touch of Ray's lips against him. Sighing deeply, he followed Ray, wondering how he was going to survive spending two weeks with him in an apartment, alone.

* * * * *

“I suppose we really have to go out tonight?”

Fraser paused as he pulled out another useless item that neither he nor Ray owned out of a box. A lot of the stuff in this room was actually old stuff from the evidence locker. They had to look like a real couple and real couples owned 'stuff'. Mingled with it were a few of their own things. Rays bike, his favourite chair, Fraser's footlocker, which could pretty much hold everything he possessed and, at this moment, did.

A few family pictures belonging to Ray had been brought along and Fraser had brought his along too. Fraser's most prized possession of all, the grainy black and white photo he'd found under the tree at the 27
th. He took it out now, and carefully placed it on top of the television set. That was another of Rays most wanted items that had come along for the ride. Fraser knew that Ray had his 'programs' but he could look at the picture of his family for hours, and this way, he could.

He chuckled at the minor deception he was playing on his friend. It wasn't that he didn't like television; it was just that he didn't see it as being as important as Ray felt it to be.

“I'm afraid we must Ray. We have to make ourselves known to the community at large and through it, attempt to discover who our villain is.”

Fraser noted the lazy smile on Ray's face. “Yeah, but couldn't that wait 'till tomorrow? I'm kinda all done in here.”

Fraser stood, ignoring the slight creak of bone and muscle as he rose to his feet. “Ray?”

The blonde haired detective sighed, recognised the familiar warning tone in Fraser's voice and rubbed a hand over his face.

“Mounties.”

Fraser walked over to the sofa. “Mountie. Singular. Mounties would require more than one to be here.”

Ray nodded at that. “Yeah you're right. One's enough.”

“More than enough for you, I feel Ray.”

Fraser suddenly realised that what he had just said could be taken either way, and felt himself blush as he watched for any sign from his friend that he had caught it wrong. Nothing. He sighed, a vague sense of irrational disappointment permeating through him.

“From the files, this bar is actually quite nice from what I can gather. Traditional.”

That earned a raised eyebrow from Ray.

“Traditional? In what sense?”

“Well, it doesn't appear to be a nightclub, which I have to be thankful for. The volume alone can be detrimental to a persons hearing. It appears to be a nice, popular spot within town. Besides, my last experience with a nightclub didn't go too well.”

Ray sat up at that, his eyes finding Frasers, a look of sadness there that Fraser didn't quite understand.

“I've never really said sorry for that Frase. Which I am, by the way.”

Now Fraser was puzzled.

“Why would you be sorry Ray? You did more than you should have done and Warfield was brought to justice. I don't see what you have to be sorry for.”

“I let you down. I should have been standing, right there beside you on the street. Backup. If I hada you wouldn't've gotten beaten up at all.”

Fraser shook his head in exasperation. “Ray, Ray, Ray, Ray, Ray. You are a police officer, with a width and depth of experience of the real world that I sometimes don't see. You did exactly what you had too. Besides, you did come through for me. You saved my life if I remember rightly that night.”

Ray stood up, twisting his neck to loosen it a little before he turned to look at his friend who was sitting on the floor. “Don't mean I don't feel bad about it though. Always will too.” That said he walked into the bathroom, and before long the sounds of a shower running told Fraser that he would be some little time before he came out. A sign to him that he didn't want to continue with the conversation. He sighed at the thought of his friend holding that kind of guilt within him for so long, almost a year to the day in fact. Standing up himself, Fraser got up and leaned against the door of the bathroom for a moment.

“I hate it when you feel bad Ray.”

Realising that his friend couldn't hear him, and would more than likely think he required medical assistance if he did, Fraser went to find something appropriate to wear for tonight's venture out to Henry's bar. A smile crept onto his face. Suddenly he had something better to do. Something he hoped would help cheer his friend up. Grabbing his jacket he headed out. He had a little bit of shopping to do.

* * * * *

Ray felt the hot water hitting him hard, and sighed into it. When he'd been asked to do this case, he'd saw it as a golden opportunity. He'd known for a little while that Fraser had feelings for him, and while he'd never let on to his friend that he knew, he wasn't exactly sure about what that meant for the pair of them. He'd only ever really known Stella, had only ever really loved her in that way. Now, here was the one guy that if he was ever gonna fall for a man, well, Fraser would be it. He just had never really considered it before.

Well, all right, he had, but nothing in any kind of a serious way. He'd looked in college. Toyed around with the idea. But there was always Stella in the background, his one true love. Or so he'd always believed.

He poured some shampoo onto his head, a lather quickly building, rivulets of suds trailing down his back and chest as he massaged the shampoo into his scalp.

He turned again, this time letting the water pelt down on his head, his hand slowly trailing down to his cock. His eyes briefly closed as he tried to recall some past moment of passion with Stella, but tonight, his mind didn't really seem all that keen.

“Ok. All right. I can do this. After all, I'm a Chicago Cop.

His hand began to slowly trail up and down the shaft of his penis, his mind bringing up that first moment when he'd hugged his friend. A smile played about his lips unconsciously as he recalled just what that simple gesture had brought him. An irritating, compulsive, obstinate Mountie that he wasn't sure he could live without any more. Images flooded his mind of Fraser. The surreal situations they somehow kept getting into, like that damn ship, the Henry Allen. That brought back the thought of drowning but with it, bittersweet, the feel of cold icy lips pressing against his own, bringing life and warmth all in one go. The touch of his hand on him. He brought that image to the forefront. His hand touching him, touching him in places he'd never imagined his friend going to before.

His pace quickened, his cock hardening in his hand as waves of pleasure coursed through him. New scenarios crashed into his head. Fraser pining him down on the bed, an honest smile hiding nothing from him as he looked up into his face while they made love. Ben's hand touching him where it had only been his for far too long, their bodies grinding into one another bringing then both to the edge and then…

His back hit the wall of the shower stall, his hand bringing things to a close far too quickly. He tried to open his eyes, but it took far too much effort. Suddenly he was coming in his own hand, the sensation almost bringing him to his knees. He allowed himself to slide down the wall, coming to a rest on the bottom of the stall.

He was panting now, as the pleasure that had filled him, slowly subsided.

“Jesus.”

He'd never allowed himself to do that before, to bring his friend to 'use' like that. Something had always held him back from it. A bit of fear at the thought that he might have feelings for another guy, that this would confirm or deny his ability to love another man. Then there was his view of Fraser himself. Ray had always seen him like he was some kind of saint. It almost seemed like an abuse of their friendship to do that when his friend wasn't aware of it. Not that Ray was in any hurry to tell him.

He pulled himself up and finished washing himself. A smile tugged on his lips as he dried himself off. He was more sure than ever that he could love a man, especially if it was his Fraser.

He laughed at that. “My Fraser. Who'd'a thought it?”

Shaking his head, he pulled on his bathrobe and unlocked the door, heading into the bedroom to get dressed.

* * * * *

Fraser felt unfamiliar as he pulled the keys from his pocket to unlock the door to… His hand stopped for a moment. This was his and Ray's place. He shook his head as he put the key in the lock, dismissing the fanciful notion of this place being a home for the both of them. He knew better, both their careers weren't exactly as open as they should be towards some of the more, alternative lifestyles. He felt a chill at what he was thinking. He was living in a dream world, their current assignment clouding his mind.

“Ray?”

Getting no reply he shut the door, setting down the bags he's brought in.

“Ray?”

He pushed open the door of the bedroom, catching Ray just as he was pulling up a pair of black jeans, Fraser seeing a glimpse of flesh that he continued to look at even once they had been pulled up. Ray looked up from his position as he sat on the bed. Fraser guiltily brought his eyes up to Rays.

“Hey. Where you been?”

Fraser somehow managed to stammer out a reply.

“I...I went out to buy some stuff Ray.” He took a deep cleansing breath, realising just how much he loved the man in front of him when he even found the sight of him putting on his shoes erotic.

Ray looked up as he tied a lace on his shoe. “What kinda stuff? Secret Mountie stuff?”

A smile this time.

“No Ray. Come and see.”

Fraser turned and went back to the bags he had brought in, Ray limping slightly behind him, as he hadn't as yet, put his other shoe on properly. Fraser pulled out one of the items from one of the bags.

He turned to show Ray what he'd bought. The smile on the blonde detectives face a reward all by itself.

“Cool! You bought a baby Christmas tree. We'll have to put it up in a day or so. Hey, that reminds me.”

Ray limped back into the bedroom, returning a minute or two later, with a small brown bag of his own.

“Here, I got this for ya.”

Fraser set down his parcel, and accepted the gift from Ray. He peered into the bag.

“You bought me a hat.”

Ray came over and pulled it out of the bag, placing it on Fraser's head.

“Yeah, well, I know how much ya love the Stetson, and seein' as how ya can't be wearin' it right now, well…”

“A baseball hat?”

He saw the slight waver of the smile on Rays face, remembering the look of pain that he'd shown him only a short time ago. He turned to look in a mirror.

“I like it Ray.”

“You do? Hey great! Greatness! So, you gonna wear it tonight?”

Fraser brought his hand up to the rim and trailed his fingers along its edge.

“You know what? I think I will.”

* * * * *

From the outside, music could be heard, but louder than that, was the sound of people, enjoying themselves. Inside the place was clearly someone's pride and joy. The furniture was all wood, the seats covered with tied down cushions.

Fraser turned to Ray, and saw a smile on his face.

“This place is kickin' Frase. Look at it.”

They made there way to the bar, sitting down next to a couple of women who were talking to the bartender. He turned from them, spotting Fraser and Ray as they sat down.

“What can I get for you?” He leaned closer to the two men, earning a giggle from one of the women he'd just been talking to.

“Hey. You better watch this guy. Wait, maybe you'd better find out which one of you he's fallen madly in love at first site with. Then you can watch out.”

Ray laughed at that, as Fraser blushed slightly. The blonde detective reached out a hand to the two women.

“Ray. This here's Ben.”

Fraser took off his hat, carefully setting it on the bar.

The blonde woman closer to them reached out a hand.

“I'm Cordy.”

The woman behind Cordy leaned over her shoulder, standing on the bars of the stool she was sitting on to reach her own hand out, Fraser and Ray both shaking it.

“Hey there. Shelly.”

“Very nice to meet you Cordy. Shelly.”

Fraser turned to the bartender. “And you sir?”

The guy behind the counter looked at the two women, before turning to Ray. “Is he always so polite?”

Ray shrugged. “I don't think Ben knows how to be anything different.”

“Well, everyone here calls me Victor. Not exactly sure why as my names Mitch, but anyway. What you drinking? On the house.”

Fraser shifted in his seat slightly, leaning his elbows on the bar. He glanced at Ray, his eyebrow raised in question.

“I'll have a beer Victor. What you having Ben?”

Fraser smiled at Ray; he couldn't help it. He loved the way Ray had taken to calling him Ben, even if it was only for the purpose of this assignment.

“I'll have a glass of water thank you Victor.”

Victor raised an eyebrow at that, but said nothing as he got them their drinks.

* * * * *

Cordy and Shelly were a well-known couple within Henry's bar, and soon they had Fraser and Ray introduced to their circle of friends. The conversation had moved from the bar to one of the booths, a guy named John and his friend Nick joining in.

Fraser had watched as Ray had pretended to consume a large amount of beer, buying them but secretly disposing of most of the contents by taking it with him when it was his round, or pouring most of it out on the way back from the toilet. Fraser was actually amazed at his ability to get rid of the stuff. He'd actually only consumed two so far all night, despite the six that he'd bought or had bought for him.

Ray was seated next to Fraser, Cordy on the other side of him. Ray was amusing everyone with various stories about this that and the other. Fraser wasn't exactly silent, but he preferred to observe just at this moment.

He felt fingers suddenly on his hand, and turning, he saw a smile on Rays face. He felt a pain clutch at his heart when Ray intertwined his fingers with his. This was all make believe for Ray. He'd never understand the pleasure he felt at this simple gesture, or the pain that came with the realisation that Ray would sooner or later let go.

“So, how long have you two been together?” Shelly reached out for her glass, causing a fit of laughter around the table when it 'chinked' against the glasses on her nose as she took a drink.

Ray pulled Frasers hand up and kissed the back of it, Fraser feeling the sensation like a bolt of electricity through his entire body.

“Ben and me? How long's it been now?”

Ray had turned to look at him. It had been decided between them that they would stick to as close as the truth as possible when it came to their cover story. They both knew that Fraser wasn't much of a liar, so Fraser still worked in the Canadian Consulate, but as a caretaker rather than a Mountie. Ray was a mechanic, a lie Fraser had said, he could feel partially alright with, seeing as Ray could easily strip a car to its component parts and put it back together again.

Fraser could fell himself blush a little, hoping and praying that Ray couldn't see his obvious delight with this role he was playing.

“It's been a while. In fact, our anniversary is coming up soon, isn't that right Ray?”

Ray complemented him on his ability to lie with a look in his eye that only partners who trusted and understood each other completely could understand.

“He's making sure I don't forget. Last year it slipped my mind completely and for days it was nothing but Inuit stories.”

At this Fraser gave him a look that Ray understood all too well. All right, he thought to himself. Two can play this game. He took a deep breath. He needed to go a little overboard here to elicit a suitable response from Ray.

“But when I did forgive him, the makeup sex was fantastic. The things Ray can do with a pair of handcuffs would amaze you.”

Ray froze a little at that, before he smiled and a blush, Fraser was happy to note, bloomed over his face. He could feel all eyes around the table on him.

“Hey!” Said Cordy, pointedly looking at Ray, using the near empty glass in her hand to point at him. “Never insult a man's Inuit stories. Ever!”

The people around the table laughed, realising that Fraser was just teasing, enjoying the fact that he had opened up a little in front of them all. Ray just pulled Fraser's hand back down under the table. But he didn't let go.

* * * * *

They left the bar a couple of hours later, with invites to meet up with Shelly and Cordy again the next night.

Fraser pushed open the door of the bar, placing his latest treasure, his baseball hat, firmly on his head. Ray had stumbled out slightly after him, laughing at something that Cordy had said as she'd pushed him out the door.

“Fraser, Fraser, Fraser. Hold on a sec there.”

Fraser turned, smiling at Ray, as he half tripped, half walked into his arms. He leant down closer to Ray's ear as he straightened him up a little. “Nice performance Ray. Worthy of an Oscar.”

Ray pulled back slightly and shook himself, giving the impression to the rest of the world, but not fooling Fraser in the slightest, that he was trying to clear his head.

“Thank you, thank you. All praise is gratefully received.”

He linked arms with Fraser, who again felt that ambiguous sensation of fear and love surge through him. Involuntarily he tensed up. How could he love something so much and yet know it would never be his. He hated this so much. He hated himself so much for feeling this way. Still, with little else he could do, he carried on, a little voice niggling in the back of his head, calling him the coward that he already knew he was.

They turned the corner of the street, and already they were within sight of their residence. It was at this point that he had expected Ray to separate from him. When he didn't, Fraser decided to do it for him. He didn't see the point of prolonging this any more than he had to.

“Hey!” Ray looked slightly annoyed at the sudden separation. “I was comfortable there.”

“Well, there's no point in getting too comfortable Ray, after all, this is just an assignment.”

Ray frowned. “What the hell?”

Fraser closed his eyes and sighed. He hadn't intended to say it with such force. There had been a hint of the anger and frustration he felt at himself mingled with his words.

“I'm sorry, Ray. It's…it's been a long day I'm afraid.”

Ray put an hand on Fraser's arm and turned him, so that they faced one another, Ray his back to the road, Fraser his to the wall of a building. He took a step closer to Fraser, invading his personal space. Fraser took a step back, and this continued until the Mounties back was against the wall.

Ray shook his head a little; a smile playing about his lips, his eyes that same damn blue that Fraser could see a hundred different hues in.

“Could be a long night too.” The voice suddenly got a little shaky, doubt filling every tone. “If you want it?”

Fraser, for a moment wondered what his friend was talking about. Then it hit him. He felt his face flush, but in the dark of the night lit only by streetlamps, there was no way Ray could see that. Fraser tried to stammer out a reply. He suddenly knew his friend didn't mean it the way he thought, no wanted, him to mean it.

“You…you mean more?” He cleared his throat. “More undercover work Ray?”

Ray placed his right hand on the wall above Fraser's head, his other hand he used to toy with the collar of his own shirt.

“Undercovers, over 'em, on the kitchen table. I don't really care Fraser. All I know is, that I want you. I know that now, know it for sure as night follows day and vice versa.”

Fraser took a deep, steadying breath.

“Is there someone watching us now Ray? Are we…”

Fraser never got to finish that sentence. Ray suddenly and wonderfully stopped all rational thought as he came so close to Fraser's mouth that they were stealing each other's breath. He came no closer, however, his eyes looking questioningly at Fraser.

All this happened in the breadth of a heartbeat, Fraser, for once, reacting instead of analysing everything. He closed the distance between them, a wall he'd thought unbreakable. His mouth began what Ray's had promised, slow to start with, then with a force that neither of them knew they were capable of. His tongue sought entrance and was soon exploring that moist, once thought forbidden depths with a zeal that was just the tip of the iceberg for both of them.

For a moment the world was perfect. Both men were nothing but sensation and motion, both of them drowning, yet saving each other with such a simple, life giving touch that promised so much more to come.

They parted, each with a breathless, satisfied, yet still hungry look on their faces. They said nothing for a moment, Fraser reaching out and stroking a finger gently down the face of this man in front of him.

“Hey Fraser.”

“Hello Ray.”

Fraser trailed his finger over Ray's mouth, Ray bringing his own hand up to capture it, his eyes intent on Fraser's as he took the finger into his mouth, earning a gasp of surprise and pleasure from him. Fraser brought it out slowly; earning a look from Ray that invited so much more than he could ever have dreamed of.

“Come on Ben. I think its time we got inside, don't you?”

* * * * *

Fraser would never be able to recall exactly the short journey back to that apartment, but forever imprinted on his mind was what happened as soon as the door to it closed behind them, locking out the rest of the world.

Hands somehow hungrier than his own had slammed the door shut, before they turned to Fraser, pushing him roughly against it. The feel of hard wood on his back was nothing compared to the hard cock that was pressing against his own, slowly rubbing up against him. He felt something of the lust that was emanating from Ray, felt his own hunger filling him, wanting him to let go of all the frustration and pain that he'd carried for so long.

He returned the ferocity that Ray was dispensing, satisfaction filling him when Ray moaned into his mouth as their tongues battled together.

It was as if they only had moments together before reality crashed into their lives once more. The reality where Ray was a Chicago cop, Fraser a Mountie. Right now, they were just two men, both having been too lonely for too long, and finding something worth while in the other, something to cling on to that made each breath they took bearable.

Their hands had been still so far on this journey they were taking together, but as the passion of their second kiss slowed down to a smoulder; their hands began an almost painfully slow exploration of each other. Ray slipped his hand under Fraser's T-shirt, while his other curved its way to the small of his back, pulling him a little closer to him. The hand on Fraser's stomach caressed the muscle it found there, winding its way further up until it reached his chest. He almost lazily drew a finger over one of the Mounties nipples, eliciting a gasp of pleasure from the man under his hand.

Fraser pulled his mouth away, only to focus his blue glazed eyes to Rays.

“Oh dear God. Don't…”

Ray leaned closer, turning his attention to Fraser's ear, where he nipped at it, allowing his teeth to sink so far into the flesh there before pulling back and repeating the process. He knew he was doing something right by the way Fraser turned his neck to allow him easier access.

“Don't what, Frase? Hmm? Don't do this…?”

He moved down his neck slightly, and slowly licked his way back up to the ear, before licking it and biting at it again.

“Or do you mean, don't do this…?”

He brought his other hand from behind Fraser's back, and pulled the T-shirt over his head. He tossed it to one side, and immediately applied the same process to the nipple that had worked so well on Ben's ear.

Fraser's hand reached up, his fingers raking through Ray's hair.

“Don't…” He pulled in a breath as Ray's teeth once again played with the hard nipple. “Don't…stop. Please…”

Ray did stop, but only long enough to ensure he had Fraser's attention.

“Are you sure about this Fraser? About us I mean? Its not too late…”

Fraser heard the doubt and insecurity that unfortunately was too deeply ingrained in his friend to easily extinguish. He hated whoever had instilled the notion that Ray wasn't good enough into him. He was such a good man, such a kind open and honest man. How could he doubt himself so much?

“Ray, God Ray, I never want this to stop. I think this is all I ever wanted and never got.”

He took his friend //no; Lover now, he thought to himself with a smile// by the hand and led him into the bedroom.

He turned to Ray, and with a reverence that he couldn't help but feel in the presence of this man, he pushed him gently down onto the bed, so that he was sitting on its edge. He started working on the laces of the trainers he wore, throwing his socks along with them once they were then began to unbutton his jeans, slowly pulling down the zipper, a sigh from Ray accompanying the soft grind of metal teeth pulling through the zip. Ray pulled his own shirt off, and was soon naked in front of Fraser.

He tossed the other man an awkward grin.

“You know, I've never actually... Well, it's only ever been me and Stella, ya know?”

“With me? It was only ever Victoria.”

“Victoria.”

Somehow he'd expected some form of pain to accompany that word, but somehow, looking at Ray he felt that old wound heal over. He nodded at Ray as he sat on the bed.

“Victoria.” He turned a smile to Ray. “How about we work on instinct then? I'm sure we could figure something out. After all, you weren't doing all that bad at the door, Ray.”

Ray brought his own hand down, and settled it on Fraser's hard-on through his jeans. “I was just doing what I like to be done, Ben. Ain't nothing new to that.”

Fraser almost leapt on him then, covering Ray's body with his own, lying on top of Ray, the movement of course jean on his cock bringing a low deep moan from the back of Rays throat. Fraser smiled, this time he was the one toying with his lover's nipples.

“I always thought it best to go with what you know.”

“Oh yeah.” A throaty gasp from Ray. “You do what you feels best there Frase. Oh God yeah, that feels best just there…”

The Mountie stopped for a second in what he was doing, looking down on Ray. He brought his hand up and caressed his lover's cheek, before gently placing a kiss there.

“I love you Stanley Raymond Kowalski.”

Ray was silent for a moment, and for a second, Fraser was scared that he'd gone too far too quickly. Then relief flooded through him as Ray put his hand on the back of Fraser's neck, a smile on his face.

“I know. That's what makes this so right Ben. I love you too.” Using that hand, he pulled Fraser closer too him, once again indulging in a kiss that was more intense than they could ever have realised.

They pulled apart eventually, each of them sighing, then smiling at one another.

“Ben, I don't know about Canadians, but here in America? When two people are about to make love, it's usual for both parties to remove all there clothes? 'Course, sometimes, leaving most of them on can be fun too, but not when one of those involved is already buck naked?”

“Understood Ray.”

Fraser stood, Ray shivering slightly as he left him. “Hurry up Ben. I…I need you here, with me.”

Fraser quickly pulled off the rest of his clothes, all thoughts of neatness cast aside. He took a moment to stare at the man on the bed in front of him.

“How did I get so lucky?” He shook his head in amazement. “You're so beautiful Ray.”

Ray watched his lover for a second. “No Ben, you're the beautiful one. Come here.”

Ben came over and lay down next to Ray, who had turned onto his side so he could look at his Ben. Gently, Ray reached out and ran his hand over Fraser's body, a slow movement that went from his neck, down his side to his hip. Ben shivered slightly, but his own hand came up, and began to massage Ray's chest. He could feel Ray's heartbeat as it started to speed up a little, sure that his own was going twice as fast.

Ray pushed him over onto his back, and positioned his body the full length of Fraser's, the sensation of their cocks as they touched each other, causing Fraser to gasp and grind into Ray.

The pleasure they both felt at this motion was so intense, that they both started to move against the other, the friction they were setting up between them electrifying.

Ray laid claim to Fraser's mouth again, his hands desperate to just feel as much of Fraser as they possibly could. Fraser had both his hands on Ray's back, pulling slightly to help increase the stimulation between them.

Ray pulled back for a second, mumbling as he did so, “Oh yeah,” before he latched onto Fraser's mouth again, all possibility of further speech gone as they lost themselves to what they were feeling.

Ray could feel that familiar sensation start in the soles of his feet, climbing up his legs and settling in his balls as he was about to come. He moaned loudly into Fraser's mouth as his cock erupted, spilling its milky hot fluid all over Fraser's stomach. That was all his lover needed, bringing him over the edge, mingling his own cum with Ray's on their stomachs.

Ray dropped, limp and exhausted onto the clear bit of the bed beside Fraser, and for a while, there was nothing but silence between them.

Just as Fraser was getting his rational mind back, beginning to worry that maybe Ray regretted what they had just done, he felt the blonde detective's arm snake over his chest and his hand settle on Fraser's cheek tugging at him slightly so that they could look at one another.

“I told you I loved you, right?”

Fraser smiled at him, placing his own hand over Ray's.

“Yes. I believe you did.”

“I do, you know. Really.”

“I know.” Fraser turned his lovers hand and kissed it. “Really.”

Ray snuggled in closer to Fraser, and pulled the quilt over them both.

“What say we just lie here? Clean up in the morning.”

Fraser knew where Ray was coming from. Besides the fact that they were both physically spent, neither wanted to interrupt the moment with something so mundane as getting cleaned. Still, his Mountie training had left him with the ability to adapt to his environment. He deftly pulled a pillow cover off and gave them both a cursory wipe.

“There, that should hold us 'till morning at least.”

Ray wearily sighed against him.

“No, I want you to hold me 'till morning.”

Enjoying the feeling of comfort and belonging lying with Ray, Fraser closed his eyes and put his arm around his lover.

“Understood Ray.”

* * * * *

“What's that noise?”

Ray sat up in the bed and ran his hand through his tousled hair. He shook his head to clear it.

//Knock knock//

His eyes instantly opened wide. He turned to Fraser, who was still fast asleep. He smiled for a second. If any of them should have been woken by a noise it should have been Fraser.

“Hey! Mountie! Wake up. We've got visitors.”

Fraser suddenly sat up, startling Ray.

“Christ! Scare me why don't you. Hey, who do you think it is?”

Fraser yawned, somehow smiling at the same time.

“Sorry. I couldn't possibly say, Ray. Maybe if you opened the door, we might find out?”

Ray climbed out of bed, only to hear a louder rap against the door.

“Alright! All right! I'm comin'.”

He picked up the bathrobe that had lay over the chair since his shower the night before, and threw it on. The state of him at the moment he didn't think it would matter all that much. Stifling a yawn himself, he went to get the door.

Opening it, however, gave him a bit of a shock.

“Dewey? What the hell are you doin' here?”

Dewey just walked right in, Huey not too far behind him, offering an apologetic look as they both came in.

“Lieutenant sent us over. You know, to see how you guys are getting on,” he smirked. Dewey seemed to be good at smirking Ray thought. “Have a hard night Ray? Its like, ten in the morning? Fraser up yet?”

At those words Fraser appeared out of the bedroom, fully dressed, allowing Ray a smirk of his own.

“Detective Vecchio and I spent last night in Henry's bar, as per the Lieutenant's instructions. And yes, it was very tiring as it happens, we had to move all this furniture in ourselves, which took us most of yesterday morning and we didn't finish until well after lunchtime.” He smiled at Dewey. “I'm afraid I'm not as fit as I once was Detective.”

At that moment, Ray suddenly had a glimpse of what their future was to be like. Hiding in plain sight. A permanent undercover job. He could feel his temper getting the better of him.

“If that's all you guys came over for, then just tell Welsh that we've made a few contacts down in Henry's, and once we get established there, we'll hopefully know more. Now could you both just get out? I need a shower.”

Huey could tell that it wouldn't take much to set Ray and Dewey at each other's throats again. He shook his head. He liked his partner, but sometimes…

“Come on Dewey. We've got to meet up with the D.A. about Franklin in about 20 minutes.”

“Yeah, yeah, alright.” He winked at Ray. “See you two tomorrow.” He turned and walked out the door, Huey again apologising for his partner before they left.

“Ray?”

“Its ok, Fraser. I'm good.”

But Fraser seemed to know better.

“It's the deception isn't it? As officers of the law, we've had it ingrained within us that honesty…”

Ray cut him off.

“Nah, its not that Ben. It's the fact that we can't be open about it.” He glared at the door. “Mainly because of small minded idiots like that.” He turned his gaze to Fraser. “You're worth dying for, so why shouldn't I think you're worth lying for?”

Fraser came over and settled in the edge of the chair Ray had sat down in.

“I wish it were different too. But it's not. It'll be hard Ray, but if we try, then we can get through it…together.”

Ray took his hand, and kissed the back of it, a warmth spreading through him at the thought that this would be their thing. That this simple gesture would convey all that that other felt. Fraser seemed to understand, as he tightened his grip on Rays.

“Together. We just have to never let go.”

Ray reached his other hand up, and gently caressed his lovers face.

“Never.”

* * * * *

Their second night spent in Henrys was less of a success. The pair of them had found Cordy and Shelly easily enough, and the conversation was as good as the last night. They both realised that in here, they could be open about there relationship, that these people wouldn't be so quick to judge them as their fellow officers.

Just as Cordy had gotten up to get another round in, Ray had placed his arm around Frasers shoulders, the pair of them enjoying just being close, when the doors had opened and two uniform officers had come in. Neither Ray nor Fraser had seen them, but as the two men surveyed the bar, things had gotten a little quiet, which only then, caught their attention.

Ray looked up just in time to see someone he knew.

He never even got the chance to pull away from Fraser, when the taller of the two men, Hinkle, came over to him.

“Ray? What the hell are you doing in this place? Jesus! And with your arms all over some guy?”

Hinkle was a police officer at Ray's old precinct, or had been.

“You do realise this is a gay bar, right?”

Ray quickly realised that his cover was about to be blown, and seeing that he had little other choice, he stood, and pushed his way past Fraser.

“Yeah. I know where I am.” He gave Hinkle a hard shove. “Jerk.”

Hinkle frowned. This wasn't what he'd expected at all.

“Your telling me you're gay now, is that it? Are you serious?” He glanced over to Fraser, an uneasy smirk on his face. “That your little boyfriend huh?”

Ray lost it. Well, he allowed himself to loose it; he couldn't afford Hinkle saying much of anything else. He swung his fist out, hitting him square in the jaw. Hinkle's partner drew his nightstick, and hit Ray with it over the arm, immediately bringing Fraser to his feet.

“Please! Stop this!”

Fraser was about to come up to defend Ray, but his lover just pushed him back with his hand.

“You son of a bitch! Ok, you're under arrest! You've no idea how bad this is gonna look!” Hinkle, rubbing his jaw with one hand, drew his cuffs with another and began to read Ray his Miranda rights, while his partner watched the crowd. They didn't need the whole place erupting on them.

“Ray?”

Ray winked and smiled at Fraser as he was led out.

“Go wait by the phone at home. I'll need you to set bail for me.”

He stood there watching as he disappeared through the doors. He didn't move until he felt a hand at his shoulder. It was Cordy.

“Fuckin' cops! I can't believe they did that. And what was with Ray? Didn't he over-react a little there or what?”

Fraser nodded.

“Indeed. I better get home.”

Shelly stood and grabbed both hers and Cordy's coats.

“Come on. We'll wait with you Ben.”

He turned a grateful smile to them.

“Thank you.”

* * * * *

“A fag? Jesus Kowalski, you like dick that much huh?”

Ray sat in the 15
th's Interview room, trying not to loose it with Hinkle.

As far as he knew, Welsh's friend here knew him as Ray Vecchio. Whereas Hinkle knew him as Kowalski. As long as Hinkle wasn't saying 'Gay Cop' to anyone at Henry's he figured his cover could be maintained.

“You're fucked up, ya know that Hink?” Ray waggled his eyebrows at the cop. He couldn't help it. He wanted to lash out, but was managing to hold it back somehow. Well, except for his mouth. It was running ahead of his brain.

Without warning Hinkle was in his face. “I'm fucked up?” Hinkle laughed a little at that, but there was no humour in it and it died just as quickly. “You make me sick you know that? I'm out there on the streets and I'm supposed to be able to rely on you, on a brother officer, to provide back up, to be someone I can trust. Instead I have to watch my own back, in case a fag like you tries something on!” A hand hit Ray hard on the face, causing him to be knocked out of his chair.

Hinkle was looking slightly over the edge, Ray suddenly finding his instincts kicking in. He slowly picked himself up off the floor, using his sleeve to wipe at the small trickle of blood from the cut on his lip where Hinkle's wedding band had hit him.

“You don't have to worry 'bout me. I quit the force a while back. You can check.” Ray looked at the one-way mirror, wondering if anyone was in there watching this, or even if anyone in there cared that Hinkle had hit him.

Hinkle backed off a little, obviously calming down a bit.

“I heard you and Stella broke up. Was it 'cause she caught you with another man?”

“Hey, that ain't any of your fuckin' business, ok, Stella doesn't know shit about me and Ben.”

Hinkle came over, grasping Ray by the sleeve and pushing him down into the chair.

“Is that his name? Ben? What way does he like it? Does he like to swallow or does he take it up the…”

Hinkle never got to finish that sentence. Ray was up and around the desk before Hinkle could get the chance, landing a solid punch on his face. Suddenly the door to the room burst open and Hinkle's partner from Henrys was pulling Ray away from him.

“Get him charged Jack! Assaulting a police officer.” He smirked as Ray was pulled away.

Ray shouted as he was dragged off. “This isn't over Hinkle. You hear me?”

Hinkle closed the door to the interview room and straightened his uniform. “Oh, its not over Ray, not by a long shot.”

* * * * *

“Ray? Are you all right?”

Fraser could tell his friend was anything but all right. He was at the station house, posting bail for him. Ray was led out to him, and nearly every cop about was staring at him. It was obvious that word had got out about why he'd been brought in. That he'd attacked one of their own in a gay bar.

“I'm good.”

Fraser reached out a hand to touch Ray's face, a comforting gesture that he hadn't even realised he was doing. Ray put his own hand up, taking Fraser's hand in his. “Don't ok?”

Ray saw the hurt there and realised that Fraser had got it wrong. Some level of noise had returned to front desk, as cops pretended to go about their business.

He smiled at Fraser. “It hurts is all Ben. Really.”

And, as if to ensure his friend that he wasn't ashamed or embarrassed, he took hold of him in a hug, pulling back just a little to kiss him, before wrapping his arms about his lover tight.

“I love you ok?” Ray saw the doubt there. “Ok?”

Fraser smiled back at him.

“Understood Ray. Come on, let's get you home.”

They both walked out the front door.

* * * * *

“Ray?”

They were nearly home now. Well, to the apartment they had set up as their own home.

“Yeah Frase?”

Fraser sneaked a look back, confirming what he was about to tell Ray.

“I think we're being followed.”

Ray squeezed his hand tight.

“Yeah, I know. Listen. Is it all right to kiss you? I mean,” The smile widened on his face. “I know I kinda got rights to that face now, but I want to annoy our friend back there, and I think this'll do it. Its just…”

Fraser turned, stepping close to him.

“Its just, you'd rather not have to kiss me. You just want to be able to. I completely understand.” He smiled back at him. “Kiss away.”

Ray shook his head a little, smiling as he come up to those lips he'd learned to adore. “Hey, don't make it sound like a chore you know? I might hav'ta do this, but that don't mean I can't enjoy it neither.”

“I think you'll find that's a split infin…”

Ray decided just then to shut him for a very long time.

“My!”

Ray turned and headed back up the street, a slight dance step as an accompaniment.

“Indeed Fraser. I should have done that the first day we meet. If I'd've known you were so easy to shut up…”

Fraser recognised the good humour there and, sticking his hands in his pockets, he decided to play along.

“If I had known how good you were at it, I would never have stopped talking.”

“You mean you did? When?”

* * * * *

“So, how's it going Ray? You guys look pretty comfortable here.”

It had been two weeks since they had began their investigation, with Ray's arrest being the highlight. Welsh was about ready to cut the whole thing off as nothing had turned up and no-one else had been attacked, but both Ray and Fraser had asked for a little more time. Both men had felt the presence of someone watching them. With Ray it was his instincts, while Fraser was certain he'd seen someone at least 4 times on there way back form Henry's.

“Yeah Dewey, comfort's not the word.” Ray was blocking the door, preventing Dewey from coming in. The dark haired detective tried to get a look past him.

“Hey, Fraser in there with you?”

Ray glanced back to the bedroom.

“Yeah, he's here, but we've just had sex, and he's asleep, so I'd rather you didn't come in and wake him up, kay?”

Dewey's eyebrows reacted before his mouth could, but, before he could say anything, Fraser was walking past Ray into the small kitchen, spotting Tom out side.

“Good evening, Detective Dewey.” Fraser walked on into the kitchen.

Dewey turned back to Ray, who had a cocky grin over his face.

“Very funny. Like the Mountie would want anythin' you've got. You got two more days Ray, then Welsh pulls the plug.” Saying that, Dewey stalked off down the hall. Ray closed the door.

“Moody.” He followed Fraser into the kitchen. “Watcha doin' there?”

Fraser stirred one of the pots on the stove.

“Making dinner. What did Detective Dewey want?”

Ray ran a hand over Fraser's back for a second, just wanting to touch him, before turning and sitting at the table.

“We got us two more days and then we're outta here. Damn. And I could feel we were getting somewhere, ya know what I mean?”

At the touch of Ray, Fraser had stilled. He still couldn't believe that he could be so overwhelmed by such a simple, carefree gesture. He forced himself to take a deep breath. He was still reluctant to initiate anything with Ray. He was afraid that sooner or later Ray would come to his senses and tell him what a mistake all this was, that he'd just gotten into the role he was playing. He knew he was wrong about that though, but old habits died hard, and Benton had long ago resigned himself to a loveless and passion free life. He turned as if nothing was amiss.

“I know. Someone's out there, watching us, but nothing seems to want to bring them out.”

Ray stood again, and reached out a hand to Fraser. “Yeah, and we've done a lot to piss our guy off.” His voice had lowered and there was a hungry look in his eyes that had nothing to do with the smell of spices in the kitchen that was building. “Remind me what we've done again Ben?”

Fraser felt his breath catch, the familiar yet drenching sensation of pure lust filling him. He leaned in close, and began rubbing his nose against the side of Ray's neck, the odd flicker of his tongue causing Rays breathing to quicken. “We've kissed in public. Your tongue sliding against mine, filling my mouth, licking my teeth. I particularly enjoyed it when you bit my lip.”

Ray pulled away from Frasers grasp on him, grabbing him by the collar, dragging him towards the bedroom, but keeping him at arms length. “Oh fuck, yeah. Tell me more!”

Ray watched the feral smile on Fraser's face. “I quite enjoyed that time you performed fellatio on me in the toilets at Henry's, although I'm sure everyone knew what we had done by the time we came out again.”

Ray paused in mid-stride to the bedroom. “Fellatio?” He knew what it meant, but it was fun to play this game with Fraser.

“When you…when you sucked my dick Ray, remember? When you pushed me against the door of the stall and pulled my zip down, my penis already hard because of the way you'd been rubbing me under the table?”

“Thank god for Latin huh?”

“Indeed Ray, although, next time, I'd rather you didn't do that with ladies present in the next room. It nearly…spoiled it for me.”

“Understood Benton ol' pal.” Suddenly Ray thought of something, pulling Fraser into the room and turning him so his back was to the door. “Say, when we finish here, can I wear the Uniform?”

Fraser stopped pulling at Ray's clothes. “You want to… to…in my uniform?

Ray was sucking on Fraser's neck, but he stopped long enough to smile up at him. “Oh yeah, I could so be all over that”

Fraser tried to frown at that, but with Ray's tongue darting in and out of his ear, he was distracted.

“That's…that...that's what I'd be afraid…of.”

Both men were breathing heavy now, Ray's exploration of Fraser's neck and ears showing him just how turned on the Mountie was, the pulse in his neck was as fast as his own.

“Ray?” The word was panted, desperate and a complete turn-on to Ray.

Their mouths locked, the kissing frantic and urgent.

Hands started to fumble at clothing and after several minutes of swearing and discarding, they were both naked and on the bed, touching each other.

Their pace was frantic, and then Ray's hand reached down and slid down the side of his penis, Fraser was gasping, the intense sensation causing him to buck up off the bed slightly.

“God I love you like this.” Ray turned his energy to Fraser's mouth, breaking free every few moments to lock eyes with him and mumble something over and over. Finally, Fraser had collected enough wit to ask him. He placed a hand between them; Ray's chest soaked with sweat, and gave a little push. Breathing hard, Ray looked down at him.

“What?”

“What are you saying? What? What is it?”

Ray slowly leaned down again, and this time the kiss was gentle, almost chaste, before he pulled himself away to look at his lover.

“Free. You let go so much more when we're like this. You're free. You let me see you like that and I love it. I love you.”

Fraser looked up at him. He'd heard Ray say those words before to him, but right now, they felt right. They felt like Fraser could really believe them. He'd always known that he could, that he could believe every word Ray said to him, but now he felt like he deserved to be told them.

“Ray…I want.” He couldn't help but blush slightly, Ray's hand coming up to stroke his cheek.

“What? What is it?”

“I want you. Inside me. I want you inside me Ray.”

Ray said nothing, but just looked at Fraser for a moment.

“Are you sure?”

In response, Fraser placed a hand around the back of Ray's neck and pulled him in close and kissed him hard. His hands were holding Ray in place, and Ray gave no resistance, but instead responded with an equal ferocity.

Nothing else had to be said, their frenzied motion gradually slowing down until both of them felt ready.

With a look that spoke volumes of both trust and love, Fraser stumbled from the bed and disappeared, Ray aching, his hand slowly trailing up and down his cock for when Fraser returned.

This almost stopped Fraser in his tracks, and as he carefully worked his way over to the bed, he nearly came there and then when Ray licked his lips in invitation.

He leaned in and, wanting to taste him, even if only for a moment, removed Ray's hand and brought his mouth down to bare on the swollen cock that he wanted so badly inside him.

The touch of his tongue caused Ray to drop his head back onto the pillows.

“Jesus Fraser! Stop. Or I won't…”

A playful smile pulled itself away from Ray. “Sorry. Got a little greedy there.”

He climbed up his body, and after another time spent exploring each other's mouths, Ray gently put his arms underneath Fraser's and turned him over.

“I need you to get…”

But Fraser already knew, and with a finger placed onto Ray's lips to shut him up, he was lying on his stomach.

Ray gently ran his hands over Fraser's back, ending the tour as he ran them down the cheeks and to that opening that he wanted to be in as badly as Fraser wanted him there.

“You didn't bring any condoms, Frase.”

The words were hurried a little, a slight disappointment there that he was going to have to get back up to get them from the bathroom.

“No Ray. I wouldn't be doing this with you if I didn't trust you. We've both admitted to only ever having been with one woman, and before you met me, how long was it since you made love to Stella?”

“Almost 6 months before we broke up, then another 6 months 'till the divorce. But Ben…”

“No Ray, we've both had physicals since we were last with anyone. I've had three.” Hungry, glazed eyes were looking at him, trying to convey just how much he trusted this man beside him. “I love you with my entire being and I've trusted you from the moment we first met.”

Ray responded to this by leaning down and gently kissing his back. “Luv ya.”

“Love you too.”

Taking the tube of Astroglide in one hand, Ray squeezed a good drop onto the other. Then, dropping the tube, he rubbed his hands together. Slowly, carefully, he placed one finger inside Fraser, earning a little intake of breath that set his pulse racing.

“You ok?”

“Hmmm.”

Ray took that for the yes it was and continued on, pushing and stretching. Within a short while, he had Fraser as ready as he'd ever be, and by this stage both of them where nearly at their limit.

Ray slicked his hands over his hard engorged penis, ensuring plenty of lube was on it, before placing the tip of it against the opening of Fraser's anus. He hesitated slightly. The thought was still there that he might hurt the man he was in love with, and the last thing Ray ever wanted to see was Fraser hurting.

“Fraser?”

“Please Ray? Please, I need…this. Need …you.”

Ray needed nothing more, but gently, holding himself steady, pushed inside.

He went in easy and smooth, the moans coming from the man under him proving he was doing this right and with a skill that was pure instinct.

Both men found their breathing turning ragged, the sensations combined with the motion filling them both, sending them to the edge quicker than they would have liked if they had of been thinking much at all. But they weren't. Both men were grunting, one with the sense of the other filling him so completely and fully, every moment bringing wave after wave of building awareness of himself and his partner. The other, the smooth in and out motion dragging him reluctantly to the edge, filling him with a sense of belonging, of oneness that he didn't think was possible to share with another human being.

Fraser could feel it, could feel every movement, as could Ray, who, with a shout to a God he was beginning to believe in again, came inside his lover.

The tangled cry, the feeling that another man, Ray, the man he loved, was inside him, hitting him right where it mattered the most caused Fraser to let out a cry of his own, one which Ray heard was his name.

Fraser's muscles went limp, causing him to sag into the bed. Ray had come and was spent on top of him, but not too tired to softly kiss his lovers back over and over.

Fraser could feel Ray soften within him, and a few moments later, Ray had come out of him, sliding off him, still panting heavily beside him. Breathing deep, Fraser turned to face him.

“Hey there.”

“Hey yourself.” Ray traced a finger over Fraser's glistening cheek, a rosy colour there that he liked. “You ok?”

Fraser closed his eyes, turning within himself to assess how he was feeling. Suddenly they opened again to a worried Kowalski. He smiled at him.

“I'm good. Tired, but good.”

Still Ray looked a little worried. “That it? Everything good?”

Fraser sleepily kissed his partner. “I suspect I'll be a bit sore when the rush has died down, but right now? I'm as good as I get.”

“Good. 'Cause, you know, I was worried there. Didn't want ta hurt ya.”

“I don't think you could Ray. I don't believe you have it in you.”

The smirk on Ray's face told the Mountie that his lover was back to normal.

“No, you have it in you.”

“Ray!”

“Sorry. Couldn't help myself.” For a brief second his eyes looked scared. “Maybe…Next time I could…?”

Fraser was slightly astonished by the offer, but pleased with it more than he could have thought.

“I would love that Ray. To connect like that with you.”

His lover yawned. “You felt it too huh? That…connection?”

“I always have Ray. I think we were meant to be together, you know?”

“Yeah, I know.” Ray pulled Fraser closer to him. They were sticky and messy, but they felt so right lying together that they didn't want to separate; they just wanted to be close.

Lying together, they both fell asleep in each other's arms.

* * * * *

“Hey. Kept you guys a seat.” Cordy patted the seat next to her. “Come on Ben, beside me.”

Ray smiled as he watched Fraser sit down next to Cordy. He'd have been worried if he hadn't already known that Cordy and Shelly were mad about each other. However, Fraser's normally un-obtrusive attracting abilities seemed to be this time making him a good friend in her.

“Hey, what's everyone having?”

Ray was standing in front of their table, hands in his pockets.

“Just tell Victor to send over the usual.” Shelly smiled. “We wrote him a list.”

Ray sauntered over to the bar, Victor and his barmaid busy.

“Hey Vic, couldn't send over the usual?”

“Sure thing Ray. Bring it over in a minute.”

Ray went back to the table and sat beside Fraser, who was telling them a story about his 'dog' called 'Baker'. Ray laughed. Ben was evening putting Dief undercover so he could tell a story.

It was just at that point that Victor came over with a tray. “Here you go guys.”

Ray pulled the money out of his wallet. “Stick the change in the charity box Vic ok? After you pour yourself one.”

Victor took the money. “Thanks Ray.”

Victor walked back to the bar, under a chorus of 'Thanks Vic' following him. Raising his glass to his mouth, Ray couldn't help but watch him go back to work, and for some reason his eyes never left him.

“Ray?”

The detective mumbled a, “Uh huh?” in Fraser's direction. Something was nagging him about Victor, but he couldn't think of what it was.

Shaking his head, but knowing that Ray wouldn't just ignore him, Fraser left him to it.

It wasn't until he heard the word 'Baker' again that he realised what it was.

“Ben? We gotta go. Now.”

“Ray?”

Ray downed his drink, and then took Fraser by the hand, standing.

“Sorry ladies, but when the mood strikes…”

Shelly nodded. “Yeah, go…have fun. We'll just stay here, drink a few more drinks…See if we can pick up any strange men…”

Cordy laughed. “Hey, how 'bout instead we just go home ourselves.” She leaned over and kissed Shelly. “Must be something in the air huh?”

Ray gave a chuckle. “Yeah. Come on Ben. Can't wait to get him home.”

Without waiting for another reply, Ray had dragged Fraser outside. Once out through the doors, he spun Fraser around and pinned him against the wall, and began kissing him hard.

Fraser pulled up for air. “Ray?”

“Ben, I think I know who our killer is. We needed to get out of there and get back to the station. I need to check over the files of the murder victim again.”

“There's no need Ray. I have all the relevant information in here.” He tapped his head with a finger. “What do you need to know?”

“The victims family. You got any next of kin in there?”

“Yes. He had a mother and a brother and sister. Why?”

“What was the brother's name? I think I know but I wanna hear you say it.”

Fraser frowned a little as he remembered. “Mitch. Mitch Millar. Oh dear, you think Victor?”

Ray nodded. “He said it himself that first night. 'I don't know why people call me Victor as my name's Mitch.'” Ray smirked. “And he seemed to be holding up very well didn't he?”

“You're right Ray. His brother killed him?”

Ray shook his head. “I don't think so. He had an alibi. But he was related to the victim and he doesn't even seem to care.” He pounded his fist against the wall. “There's something we're missing.”

Fraser nodded. “Come on Ray, let's get back home and give it some thought. I could make us some tea?”

Ray kissed him on the cheek. “You had me sold right up till you said tea there Ben.” Still, he took Fraser's hand and they headed back to the apartment.

* * * * *

Ray was moving about the kitchen, watching Fraser make tea. “I just got off the phone to Welsh. He says he's going to have Dewey and Huey check out Denny's will. See who the main beneficiary is.” He started pacing again. “Hey, what about the sister?”

Fraser turned from the stove. “What about her Ray?”

“Well, anything. Who is she, name rank serial number? Anything?”

Ray knew he'd said something right, for Fraser suddenly grinned at him.

“What? What you got?”

“Her name Ray. Dear God why didn't we see it sooner?”

Ray was getting annoyed. “What? Tell me!”

The grin on Fraser's face widened. “Mary, Ray. Her name is Mary.”

He didn't see what that told them.

“So?”

“You didn't let me finish. Mary Hinkle.”

Blue eyes widened in shock. “You have got to be kidding me! Hinkle and Millar were related? Jesus! We got ourselves a suspect Ben. Way to go us.”

Stepping up close he planted a kiss on Fraser, who responded in kind. Finally they separated.

“Come on, let's get back to 'Victor.' Mess with him a little yeah?”

“Right you are Ray.”

* * * * *

The bar was closing by the time the pair of them got back to Henrys, Victor locking up. He saw them instantly. “Hey guys. You know, it's not safe to be walking about so late alone. You guys alright?”

Ray was up in his face in an instant. “Oh hey. I am good. You Ben? You good?”

“I'm tip top Ray.”

He turned back from Fraser. “The guy's tip top. What about you 'Victor'? You tip top?”

The bartender backed off a little uneasily. “I'm fine.”

The detective nodded, keeping the distance between them minimal. “Tip top. Tip top. You know whose not tip top Vic? Your brother. He's so not feeling tip top at all. But then again, being murdered tends to do that to a guy.”

Fraser stepped up closer to him. “He's right. The dead don't like it when they're murdered, believe me, I know.”

Ray looked at him side-ways for a moment before carrying on.

“I imagine it's worse when you're murdered by a member of your own family. What was with that anyway? Denny wouldn't share his toys with you? Or did mommy just like him better?”

“I don't know what you're talking about. I was with my mother when it happened. Ask the cops.”

“I don't need to, 'cause you see, I know what happened. You had someone beat up a few gays around the area for a while, make it look like queer-bashing, but really it's just the set up for murdering your own brother.”

“No! Wait! I had an alibi…”

“Sorry, let me rephrase that. You had someone who already hated gays beat up a few around here. Oh, someone like…David Hinkle?”

He knew he had him then, saw the panic in his eyes. Quickly, he had him pinned against the door of the bar.

“You're under arrest for the murder of Denny Millar. You have the right to remain silent.”

Fraser watched as Ray took out his cuffs and continued reading him his rights.

* * * * *

“Fraser, will you just relax.”

“Is my Lanyard on straight Ray? I wouldn't want to set the wrong impression.”

“Fraser, you'll set the same impression that everyone who has ever saw you will think. Drop dead gorgeous guy in a Mountie Uniform.” He gave him a peck on the cheek. “Come on, let's go in.”

Pushing open the door to Henry's, Dief barrelled on in first, then Ray followed by Fraser.

The bar was lively, until the presence of a wolf and a Mountie swept around the room. Suddenly, in the silence that followed a small squeal of delight was heard. Both men turned, the noise level returning to normal as people returned to their own conversations.

“Ben? Oh my God! You're a Mountie?”

A smile and a curt little nod. “Allow me to introduce myself properly. Constable Benton Fraser, R.C.M.P. This is Diefenbaker, my life-long companion, he's deaf by the way, and this is my unofficial partner, Ray…”

Ray cut him off. “Vecchio. Ray Vecchio. Hey Cordy.”

They sat down next to Cordy and Shelly.

“I heard about Victor, the creepy little bastard. How long do you think he'll get?”

Ray signalled to the bartender and ordered a round of drinks.

“Not too sure yet. As soon as we hauled his ass in he was screaming for a lawyer, lookin' to make a deal. Gave us the full works regarding Hinkle. He's goin' down for murder one though, so it's not good whatever way you look at it.”

Shelly waved a hand at the two of them.

“So, what about you two then? You just putting on an act for the rest of us? Making out all lovie-dovie to get on in here?”

A hint of red blossomed on Fraser cheeks, and Ray was about to dive in to help him, but he merely coughed and started speaking for himself.

“I feel I must apologise for the subterfuge ladies. While Ray and I were trying to catch a killer, it doesn't make lying to friends any easier for me.” He paused and after a brief moment of hesitation, he reached out across the table and took Ray's hand. “As for us? We thought about hiding it, trying not to let it show, but we both feel that that could end up putting us in a place neither of us wants to be in. I'm not exactly the worlds best liar.” Here he smiled. “But, we have good friends, and while we aren't going to actively parade what we feel about each other out in public, we've both decided that we're not exactly going to hide it either. We'll deal with whatever comes our way.”

Cordy snorted into her glass. “Like you could hide the fact that you guys love each other. Besides, I saw the way 'Fraser' here sat down that last night you guys were in.”

Ray just looked at Fraser as he very quickly turned the colour of his uniform, slipping a finger into his collar, trying to cool off a bit. He couldn't help but laugh, but it didn't stop him from lifting the hand in his up to his lips to place a gentle kiss on the back of it. It had been a bizarre journey, this meeting Benton Fraser, a Mountie in the Windy City. Yet, despite all the trouble the pair of them had gotten into over the years, he was glad he'd taken on the Vecchio assignment. And while it had been tough at the time, he was also glad that Stella had seen the sense of leaving him. Other wise, he doubted he'd be here now, with Fraser. He squeezed his hand a little tighter, knowing that Fraser knew exactly what was running through his head just from the look in his eyes.

Oh yeah, he thought to himself. Wouldn't have had it any other way.





The End




Well? Did ya like it or hate it? Let me know: caffre19@hotmail.com