Disclaimer: She makes no money , the characters arent hers . Does not mean to infringe any rights .Kudos to Alliance and Paul Haggis for the DS world.

Rating: U? as in universal audience I think.

-----------------
Based on something my sister told me, and confirmation from a snippet in the newspaper. no offence intended and usual disclaimer applies re: Due South and all it's related characters.

Heaven-O

--------

by Hsu-Lyn Yap

"Heaven-o?"

"Heaven-o."

"What sort of greeting is Heaven-o?! Whatever happened to good ol' Hello?!"

"It has too many negative connotations, Ray."

"Too many neg....you're having me on, right Benny?"

"No, Ray."

"What's wrong with Hello?"

"I told you, Ray. It has too many negative..."

"Yeah, yeah. Where did you get that idea from?"

"Oh, it's not my idea, Ray. The City Council of Kingsville, Texas have decided that 'Hello' has too many negative connotations."

"And how's that?"

"It has the word 'hell' in it. They don't like the expression of eternal damnation in it."

"It has 'hell' in it, and they don't like eternal...and that is why they have had it changed? That's madness!"

"All City COuncil operators have been instructed to greet callers with 'Heaven-o' instead of 'Hello'."

"So, I can't say 'Hello' anymore?"

"Only if you are in Kingsville, Texas, Ray."

"Right. Remind me never to go there, Benny."

"Yes, Ray."

"Heaven-o.... next thing you know, Benny, they'll tell us we have to say 'Good-life' because 'bye' sounds too much like 'die'. That is a negative connotation too!"

"You know, Ray. That could be....."

"I don't wanna know, Benny."

"Understood."

THE END

Hsu-Lyn Yap

copyright 1997

20 JAnuary, 1997


Return to the Due South Fiction Archives