Revelations

by Sylvia Chiaramonte aka Orphan_Account


Author's webpages:
http://homepages.go.com/~sylviainc/The_Sentinel.htm
http://homepages.go.com/~sylviainc/due_south_index.htm

Author's note: Hi everybody, this is a crossover between my two favorite fandoms: The Sentinel and Due South. I'd like to thank Katie, Lola, Nancy and R. for their wonderful and hard work in beta reading this story for me and for turning it into real English... because I'm French-speaking... Minor spoilers for the Due South episode Asylum. The Ray in this story is Ray Kowalski. Enjoy your reading. TYK.

Rating: NC-17.

Pairing: Blair/Jim - Fraser/Kowalski.

Warning: This is a m/m, slash, Romance, Humor, Drama crossover... It contains m/m graphic sexual situations. Please, do not read if you are under the legal age and/or are offended.

Summary: Some event brings the Chicago PD to work with the Cascade PD....

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters in this story (unfortunately), they belong to Alliance, Pet Fly Production, Paramount Network Television and UPN. I just borrow them for our enjoyment and will give them back later... much later... when I'll have an epiphany.


Revelations

by Sylvia Chiaramonte aka Orphan_Account

 

"Hey, Chief, you found it yet?" asked Jim Ellison, tying his apron around his waist.

"Almost," replied a muffled voice from one of the kitchen cabinets.

"Sandburg! How long does it take to find a wok?"

"When you are the one who put it in there? Ages man. Ages."

"Chief, you made a mess of that cabinet... I tidied it up," said Jim, starting to chop the vegetables.

"It might have been a mess Jim, but it was organized."

"If you say so," said Jim, shaking his head.

"GOT IT!" yelled Blair, trying to stand up. "Ouch! Shit! Man, that hurt."

"Sandburg, you okay?" asked Jim, drying his hands on the apron and heading towards the young anthropologist.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I just tried to cut my head off."

"C'mere," said Jim, slipping his fingers through his Guide's hair, massaging his scalp.

Blair looked up into his Sentinel's eyes and felt heat rising from the back of his neck to the root of his hair, giving his face a nice shade of red in the process. He cleared his throat and took a step back. "I... I'll be okay."

Jim looked at his partner retreating in the kitchen and closed his eyes, still feeling the soft, silky curls sliding against his skin. He moved his fingers slowly, repeating the gesture he had just made in Blair's hair, and felt warmth invade his groin.

The grad student took the knife abandoned by the Sentinel and pursued the task of chopping the vegetables. Meanwhile, Jim busied himself in setting the table for both of them, concentrating in trying to forget his hard-on.

When the vegetables where done, Blair rinsed his hands and cut the chicken. He put the oil in the wok to warm, then placed the pieces of chicken into it. He checked the rice to see if it was cooked, then added the vegetables to the chicken, and all the spices needed, being careful to put just enough for the taste but not too many for Jim's sensitive taste buds.

***

The dinner was joyful, animated with comments about the last Jags game.

When they were done, they did the dishes and settled comfortably on the couches. Blair started to grade some papers while Jim was flipping through the channels to find something interesting to watch on TV.

Suddenly, the teaching fellow burst into laughter.

"What?" asked Ellison.

"Oh, man. I can't believe what some students can invent sometimes."

"Meaning what?"

"Meaning... If I ask you what's a bola? What's your answer?"

"Some kind of primitive weapon made from chords and stones, why?" asked the Sentinel, sitting up and looking at his Guide.

"Exactly. Why? Well, one of my students answered: Italian word for bowl."

The Sentinel started to laugh. "You're kidding, aren't you?"

"Nuh huh. Listen to this... When I asked what's Blackfoot?, the same smart alec answered: Bigfoot's cousin."

"Good one," said the Sentinel, taking his beer and sipping at it.

"Yeah. Except that Blackfoot is a closely related confederacy of Native American tribes of Algonquian linguistic stock, who roamed the northern Plains region between the upper Missouri and Saskatchewan rivers."

"Well, sorry to disappoint you, Chief, but I can see why that guy passed on that one," said Jim, smiling.

"That's not the point, man. The point is that I really don't know where all these answers come from sometimes. Listen to this one: What's Roma?"

"The Capital of Italy," answered Jim quickly, giggling.

"Really funny, Jim. And that's exactly what the little joker answered."

"I don't see what's wrong with that one."

"No? Really? Jim, I'm an anthropologist. I'm giving classes in anthropology... not geography!" said the teaching fellow, putting all the papers on the coffee table.

"Oh. I see, Teach. So, what's Roma?"

"A traditionally nomadic group of people found throughout the world, commonly called Gypsy... And don't tell me that one's complicated," said Blair, reinforcing his threat by pointing his index finger to Jim, emphasizing every word by a shake of said finger.

"When you're studying anthropology, no," murmured the Sentinel, chuckling again.

Jim's chuckles were stopped by a pillow landing on his head and a "Oh, you!" yelled by a giggling anthropologist.

***

"Cahill has escaped," said Thatcher, staring up at Benton Fraser who was standing in front of her desk, waiting.

"I beg your pardon, ma'am?" asked Fraser, horrified.

Cahill would certainly want revenge against him and Ray for arresting him.

"Cahill has escaped," she repeated. "He was due in court this afternoon for the trial, and never arrived."

"Do you know what happened, Sir?" asked Fraser.

"No. They found the police car on the road with Inspectors Huey and Dewey knocked out in their seats."

"When did it happen, Sir?"

"They found them thirty minutes ago, I was just speaking with Leftenant Welsh on the phone."

At that moment, Ray Vecchio... or rather Ray Kowalski... burst into the Consulate.

"Why, hello Detective Vecchio. Welcome to Canada. May I help you?" asked Turnbull joyfully.

"Where's Fraser?" asked Ray impatiently.

"Constable Fraser is in Inspector Thatcher's office. They're having a meeting about...."

"Thanks," Ray cut in. He headed towards the Inspector's office and knocked loudly on the door.

"... you'll have to... What is that?" asked Meg, wandering whom was trying to smash in her door. She stood up, went to the door and opened it in a flash. Ray fell forward, head first, almost knocking the Inspector out, barely missing her head with his fist. "What is wrong with you, Detective?" she asked, pushing Ray back, almost tossing him to the floor.

"Sorry, ma'am. Fraser, they found Huey and Dewey knocked out in their car. Cahill flew the coop."

"Hello, Ray. How...."

"Well, Detective Vecchio, Constable Fraser and I were discussing the case. As you're already here, come in and join us," she said with sarcasm, cutting Fraser off.

Stepping back, she allowed Ray to enter to her office. He quickly walked over to Fraser and stood next to him. Thatcher returned to her desk and sat. Glancing sideways at the Mountie, Ray smiled and winked at him, and Fraser returned the smile.

Thatcher referred to the file with the few notes she had taken during her phone call with Welsh, and glanced at the two men standing in front of her. "Well, as you can see, we haven't much information, gentlemen. Detective Vecchio, I suppose you're here to pick up Constable Fraser and bring him to the Precinct?"

"Yes, ma'am," answered Ray, mocking.

"All right. Go ahead and find something. Cahill will want revenge and you know he has a hole in his bag of marbles." She looked at the two men, still standing in front of her. "Well. Dismissed, gentlemen," she said, waving her hand absently in the air.

Ray and Fraser exited Thatcher's office.

***

Fraser and Ray headed towards the location where Huey and Dewey's car had been found. They searched for any possible evidence that Forensics could have missed but found nothing. They returned to the Precinct to interview Huey and Dewey.

After the interview, they didn't know much more than they had before. The lab had just called with the results of the analysis made on the evidence found in the car, but they hadn't found any other fingerprints except for Cahill's, and Huey's and Dewey's.

They finally left the 27th, Ray dropping Fraser at the Consulate before heading back to his apartment.

***

The men were looking at the Constable standing guard in front of the Canadian Consulate... Yes, that was him, the Mountie. They glanced into the street to note if anyone was around. Seeing no one, they got out of the car and approached the Consulate.

They reached the Mountie who didn't move a muscle.

"Hey, Nessie, you think he's real?" joked the first man.

"Dunno? Maybe it's a wax statue?" cracked the other.

They waved their hands in front of the Mountie's eyes. When he didn't flinch, they did what they had to do. Everything happened very fast. One of them produced a cloth soaked with chloroform and quickly placed it over the Canadian's mouth and nose. The young man tried to grab the hands pressing the cloth against his face but everything turned into a blur and he passed out.

The two men dragged the unconscious man into their car and they took flight quickly.

***

While the third man was driving the car, the two other kidnappers cuffed the Mountie's hands behind his back, removed his strange hat, gagged him, tied a scarf around his eyes and put a bag over his head.

They drove to a little clearing, got out of the car and transported the young man into the chopper. They took off and disappeared into the sky, which was already starting to glow with the morning sun.

After a long flight, they finally reached their destination. They landed in a hidden clearing at the entrance to some woods, and got out off the chopper, dragging the Mountie behind them. He was awake and mumbling around the gag set deep between his teeth.

"Hey, Chase, don't you think we should give him something to drink?" asked Nessie, worried.

"Yeah, okay, but hurry up," answered Chase.

They took the bag off the Mountie's face. His eyes were still covered with the scarf.

"Listen, Red. We're gonna take the gag off to give you some water. If you try something stupid, we'll kill you. Capice?"

The young man nodded.

Nessie loosened the gag and brought a bottle of water to the Canadian's lips. The young Constable drank greedily.

"Easy. Easy. Okay, that's enough." Chase tied the gag around the Mountie's mouth and put the bag back over his head.

During the flight, they had removed the cuffs and then re-cuffed him... so; his hands were now tied up in front of him and no longer behind his back.

Nessie and Chase entered the woods, dragging the young man behind them. They walked through the dense trees for more than two hours, finally arriving at the small cabin, exhausted but proud of themselves. They had been paid to kidnap Constable Benton Fraser, bring him to the cabin hidden in the woods, and had succeeded.

***

When they entered the cabin, Damon Cahill's face lit up. "Ah! Finally, gentlemen."

"Yes, Sir, we got him."

Cahill rubbed his hands together in a victory gesture and approached the Mountie. "Well, did you miss me, Constable Fraser?" he asked, then punched the Mountie in the stomach. The young man moaned and mumbled something under the bag and around the gag that the three men didn't understand. "Okay, guys. Time to show me my nightmare. Take the bag off!"

Nessie pushed the young man into a chair and Chase took the bag off.

"Hello, Constable Fras... OH SHIT!" yelled Cahill when he saw the Mountie's face.

***

Fraser woke up and prepared for his shift. When he entered the hall, Turnbull wasn't at his desk. The young Constable had already been missing since the previous day. It intrigued Fraser, as it wasn't Turnbull's habit not to come to work, especially without informing him.

It had been three days since Cahill disappeared. They had questioned Huey and Dewey followed a few trails, which had turned up nothing, and currently the investigation was at a standstill.

Fraser headed toward Inspector Thatcher's office and knocked on the door.

"What?" barked Meg from inside her office.

Fraser opened the door slightly and peeked his head inside. "May I come in, Inspector?"

"Yes, Constable."

Fraser went inside and closed the door behind him. He cleared his throat and thumbed his eyebrow. "Ma'am... I... uh... I...." he stammered.

"What, Fraser?" asked Thatcher, losing patience.

"I... I am worried, ma'am."

She lifted her eyes from the file she was reading. "Worried? About what?"

"Rather... who," corrected Fraser.

"Who?"

"Constable Turnbull, Sir. He is missing."

"Missing?" Thatcher's mouth fell wide open.

"Yes, Sir. I last saw him two days ago. He didn't show up yesterday and he's not here today."

"He's probably ill," suggested Thatcher.

"With all due respect, Sir, I don't think Constable Turnbull is ill."

"Why not, Fraser? He's a man... at least I think."

"Sir... I... uh... I think Constable Turnbull would have called to inform us if he were ill."

"Fraser, he doesn't have a phone," barked Thatcher, irritated.

"Well, no, Sir, but...."

Thatcher knew too well that she couldn't change Fraser's mind. "All right, Constable. What do you suggest?"

"Ma'am, with your permission, I think Detective Vecchio and I should head to Constable Turnbull's place to check on his well being."

She shook her head and gave up. "Well, why not, Fraser? Call Vecchio and the two of you can go check on Turnbull. Dismissed."

"Thank you kindly, Sir."

Meg returned to her reading and Fraser exited her office.

***

Fraser went to his office and called Ray, who picked up the phone on the second ring. "Vecchio?"

"Hello, Ray."

"Hi, Frase, what's up?"

"Well, I'm worried, Ray."

"Worried, you?" teased Ray.

"Yes, Ray, me. Why?" asked Fraser, not understanding the joke.

"Nothing, Fraser. So, you're worried 'bout what?"

"Rather... who."

"Who? Uh, Fraser, I'm not following you."

"Following me, Ray? Where?" once again, Fraser didn't understand Ray.

"Forget I asked. So, you're worried 'bout who?"

"About Constable Turnbull, Ray."

"Oh, jeez, Frase. It's too late for Turnbull. No shrink can help him anymore," said Ray as he burst into laughter.

"Ray, please, would you pick me up so we could go check on Constable Turnbull?"

"Okay, Fraser, I'm on my way." Ray shook his head and hung up the phone. He grabbed his keys, exited the Precinct and drove to the Consulate to pick Fraser up.

***

Ray arrived at the Consulate and parked the GTO. He climbed the stairs running, burst into the Consulate and headed towards Fraser's office. "Hiya, Fraser. You ready?"

"Hello, Ray. Yes, I am. Thank you kindly for your time," said Fraser, putting his Stetson on and straightening his lanyard.

"You're welcome, buddy. So, pitty, patter, let's get at 'er," said Ray, swinging his shoulder and turning to leave his friend's office.

They were heading towards the door when the phone rang; Fraser stepped back to answer it. "Canadian Consulate, acting liaison officer Constable Benton Fraser speaking?"

"Hello my friend," said Cahill laughing.

"I am sorry, Sir. Do we know each other?" asked Fraser, staring at Ray questioningly.

"Oh, you're hurting my feelings, Red. I thought you'd recognize your old friend."

Fraser put his hand over the receiver and mouthed to Ray, "Cahill."

The detective took his cell phone from his pocket and called the Precinct, asking them to tap the Consulate's phone for a trace.

"Mr. Cahill?"

"Yes, my friend. You remember me now?"

"Yes, but...."

Cahill didn't let Fraser finish. "I have a friend of yours who wants to say Hi."

"Constable Fraser? It's Turnb... oomph...." started Turnbull.

Cahill cut him off. "Now, listen to me, Constable. I don't give a rat's ass for that big goof over here. What I want is you! I wanna make an exchange... you for the other Mountie. Is that clear?"

Fraser kept staring at Ray, his mouth wide open. "Yes, Sir. But when...."

Cahill interrupted Fraser once again. "I make the rules of the game, okay? And if you don't do as I say, he'll die. First, you'll have to find where I am. But I don't think it'll be a problem. I'll call you back in two days to give you time to come here." And he hung up the phone.

"Oh dear," was all Fraser was able to say.

***

They headed towards the Precinct.

Ray burst into the bullpen and charged on Francesca, yelling, "FRANNIE!"

"Oh, hey, Ray, I'm not deaf... not yet," she complained.

"Stop painting your claws and tell me if you got the location of the call."

"Please," said Francesca, looking at Ray menacingly.

"Please, what, Frannie?"

"Say please, Ray!" repeated Francesca

"In your dreams!" snapped the blond detective, becoming angry.

"Okay," said Francesca, returning to painting her nails.

Fraser thumbed his eyebrow and cleared his throat. "Um, Francesca, could you please tell us if you have the location of the phone call made to the Consulate?" he asked, knowing that Ray would never give up.

"See, Ray. It's not complicated," she barked, then turned to look up at Fraser. "Sure, Fraser. But I'm afraid I can't tell you anything for now. They're still researching. It takes time, you know. They said they'll call as soon as they know where the call was made from."

"Thank you kindly, Francesca," said Fraser, smiling at her.

"You're welcome, Fraser," beamed Francesca.

Fraser nudged Ray in the side. "Yeah, thanks," mumbled the detective, thumbing the side of his nose.

He was already heading for his desk when Francesca yelled after him. "Go to hell, Bro."

"After you, Sis," answered Ray, sitting at his desk.

Fraser looked at Francesca, then at Ray, shook his head and headed towards his partner's desk. He knew those two were friends and cared deeply about each other, even if they couldn't stop teasing one another.

***

"Vecchio! My office! Now!" shouted Lieutenant Welsh.

Ray looked at Fraser who was sitting in his usual chair in front of his desk. The Mountie was filling out one of Ray's reports that the detective hadn't had time to finish yet... or rather... hadn't wanted to finish. "Why can't he just talk like everybody else, huh, Frase?" asked Ray.

Fraser lifted his head from the report and smiled at his friend. "Ray, Leftenant Welsh is your superior. It is logical that he exercises his authority. Don't you think?"

"'Course, I think he has to, Fraser... but he could try to do it without making me deaf." Ray turned to Diefenbaker who was lying at Fraser's feet. "Hey, no offense, buddy."

The wolf whined and turned away from Ray.

"I think you upset him, Ray."

"Great. Now, I've got a barking Lieutenant and a deaf wolf who's upset."

Francesca chose that moment to come over and tease Ray. "Hey, Bro. What's the stuff on your head? Wisps of straw?"

The detective stood up, pushing his chair back and looking at his sister menacingly. "Don't you have something to do, Frannie? People are trying to work over here."

She looked at him, grinning, then glanced over to Fraser. She walked around Ray's desk and put her hands on the Canadian's shoulders. "I see only one person working here, Ray," then she leaned over Fraser's shoulder and pretended to be interested in the report. "Hey, Frase, what're you reading?"

Fraser cleared his throat, slipped his index finger into the collar of his Red Serge and straightened up. "Um... uh... it's a... a report, Francesca."

//Perfect, Frase, state the obvious,// thought Ray, smiling.

She leaned closer. But before Fraser could answer, Welsh opened his office door and shouted for Ray again. "Vecchio! I said my office NOW, and when I say NOW, I do mean NOW. Not next week!" He slammed the door and then opened it again. "And bring the Mountie with you."

Ray shook his head and started to walk towards Welsh's office.

Fraser cleared his throat again, attempting to stand up by gently pushing Francesca away. "Um... would you... please... I... uh... Ray?" he called, desperate.

The detective turned back to face his friend, looking first at him and then at Francesca.

She lifted her arms in the air and let them fall flat against her sides in exasperation. "Okay, okay." Then, she took a step back to allow Fraser to pass in front of her, but not enough to avoid body contact.

"I'm... I'm sorry, Francesca," stammered Fraser.

She smiled at him innocently. "You're welcome, Fraser. See you later." Then she stared at Ray angrily through narrowed eyes.

Fraser rushed towards Ray as he was knocking on the door.

"FINALLY!" snapped Welsh.

Fraser looked at Ray, who looked back at him, both raising an eyebrow questioningly, and they entered Lieutenant Welsh's office.

***

"Hey, Ellison, Simon wants to see you," said Rafe.

Jim lifted his head from his file and looked at Rafe who had just come out of Captain Simon Banks' office, and was bringing him another file. "Thanks, Rafe."

Brian gave Jim the file and turned to walk to his desk. Then, he turned back and came closer, leaning over Ellison's desk. "Uh, Jim?" he asked nervously, slipping his fingers through his brown hair.

"Yeah?" asked Jim.

Wondering what was going on, Blair looked up from his laptop. He took his glasses off and put them in his plaid-flannel shirt pocket. "Problems, man?"

"Well, I don't know what's wrong, but Simon's in a very bad mood," whispered Rafe.

Jim was worried for his friend. "You know why? Did something bad happen? Daryl's okay, I hope?"

"Yeah, yeah," answered Rafe. "It's just that there's something going on with an investigation."

"Which investigation?" asked Blair.

"I don't know, Sandburg. He just told me about two cops who're coming here from Chicago and he mentioned a Mountie, then he just told me to get your butts into his office A.S.A.P."

Blair's mouth fell open at the same time as Jim's.

"A Mountie? Two cops coming here? What the hell's going on here?" asked Jim, stunned.

Rafe looked at both of them and shook his head. He raised his shoulders and opened his hands in an I don't know, I'm sorry gesture. "Sorry, guys. That's all I know." And he left.

Jim stood up, pushed his chair back and headed towards Simon's office. "C'mon, Chief."

The young anthropologist stood up and followed him to Captain Banks' office. The detective knocked and opened the door slightly, sticking his head inside, Blair's head appearing above Jim's shoulder.

"C'mon in, Jim. You too, Sandburg. And close the door behind you," said Simon.

They entered and closed the door.

***

"In Cascade?" asked Ray, incredulously.

Ray and Fraser were standing in front of Welsh, staring at him as if he were from another planet.

"Yes, Detective, Cascade," said the Lieutenant.

"But why? I mean, why us?" Ray asked.

Welsh rubbed his eyes and sighed heavily. "Listen Detective. It's only for a couple of days."

Ray still couldn't understand why it wasn't the Cascade PD who was leading the investigation. "Lieutenant, why do we gotta go to Cascade? They can't do it?"

The Lieutenant looked at the Mountie and gestured towards Ray in exasperation. "Please, Constable, would you...."

"Yes, of course, Leftenant." said Fraser. "Ray, what Left...."

"Constable," interrupted Welsh.

"Yes, Sir?"

"Outside my office, please."

"Understood." Fraser turned, grabbed his friend by the arm and led him outside Lieutenant Harding Welsh's office. Once at Ray's desk, the detective sat heavily in his chair, Fraser sitting in the opposite chair. "Ray, what don't you understand?"

"Why do we gotta go to Cascade. Why not send Huey and Dewey, huh? They lost Cahill, not us."

"Ray, Constable Turnbull is Canadian and is attached as liaison officer, here in Chicago. They need an American police officer to lead the investigation, but also another attached liaison officer with the Canadian Consulate."

Ray looked at Fraser angrily. "I know that, Fraser, I'm not stupid."

"I'm not saying you are, Ray. I was just...."

Ray cut him off. "I was asking... why me and not another cop from the 27th? And why you? I don't like Washington, Fraser."

"Ray, you know that Mr. Cahill wants to make an exchange, Constable Turnbull for me."

"That's the reason why you shouldn't go, Frase. The guy's a psycho and I don't want anything happening to you."

Fraser, overwhelmed by Ray's concern, blushed a bright red. "That... That's very kind of you, Ray. But if we send someone other than myself, Mr. Cahill would probably kill Constable Turnbull."

"Mr... mph," mumbled Ray under his breath. "So, I guess we gotta go and pack our stuff."

"That's a very good idea, Ray."

They stood up, walked out of the Precinct and headed to Ray's car. "I'll drop you at the Consulate, Fraser."

"That would be nice, Ray. Thank you kindly."

Ray started his engine and they drove away.

***

"Why the hell do they have to send in the Cavalry?" asked Jim, pacing in Simon's office.

"Jim, it's not the Cavalry, it's only one Mountie," answered the Captain smiling.

Banks had calmed down a little after the shock of the news, but he still wasn't very happy with the idea.

"Will he bring his horse?" asked Blair smiling, trying to relieve the tension in the office.

"Very funny, Chief."

"Of course not, Sandburg, he won't be bringing his horse... but we could find him one," joked Simon.

And the two men started to laugh.

Ellison brought them back to the seriousness of the situation. "Uh, I don't wanna spoil the party, guys, but don't you think that having them with us all day could complicate matters?"

"What do you mean, Jim?" asked Simon, now worried by the detective's comment.

Blair, who now understood his Sentinel's apprehension, reverted to scientific mode. "Simon, I think Jim's right. I mean, having people around isn't really a problem for his Sentinel abilities. But if those cops are going to stay with us the entire day... it will be hard to keep Jim's secret."

"Sandburg, this isn't the first time you have had to work with other cops. When you worked with Joel on a case, you had no problems," said Simon.

"Captain, what the kid's trying to say, is that, okay, we work with other cops, like Joel or Rafe or Brown, but we don't stick around with them for days. Besides, you said the Mountie's one of the best. I mean, he'd probably notice something's wrong," said Jim.

Banks puffed on his cigar, exhaled a big white/gray cloud of smoke and sighed heavily. "Then, be careful, guys. That will be all. Now get out of here and get back to work"

Jim turned to leave, pushing Blair towards the door with his hand on the small of his Guide's back. He stopped and faced his captain again. "Uh, Simon, what about the other cop?"

"Well, everything's on the report, Jim. But there's not much information. All it says is that he's the best cop from the 27th and that he's received a few citations," said Simon.

"Then we'll have to be doubly careful," said Blair. "Mmph... Columbo and John Wayne," he added laughing.

And they left Simon's office.

***

Ray picked up Fraser very early and they drove to the airport. They checked their bags and boarded the plane to Cascade. During the flight, Fraser reiterated the details of the case.

"Well, Ray, we know that Constable Turnbull has been kidnapped here, in Chicago, and that Mr. Cahill escaped three days ago while on his way to court," said Fraser.

"But why the hell did he end up in Cascade?" asked Ray, fighting with his seatbelt.

"I have no idea, Ray. But, Cascade is really close to the Canadian border and Vancouver. Perhaps he's planing on disappearing in Canada? Besides, he asked us to find him first. I think he wanted us to find out he's in Cascade and bring us there."

"Like Chicago isn't close to the Canadian border, huh? Anyway, so he called from Cascade and said he'll call back to arrange a rendezvous. Plus he said he fixes the rules of the game. What kind of game?" asked Ray, almost tearing off his seatbelt.

"I don't know, Ray. But I don't think the rendezvous will be in Cascade. It'll probably be somewhere in the surrounding area. In the forest maybe, where the phone call was made," said Fraser, leaning over his partner.

Ray looked up at the Mountie who was pushing his hands away and grabbing the seatbelt. "Did... did they put in roadblocks or something? The IceQueen faxed them the pictures of Turnbull and Cahill, didn't she?" he babbled, feeling his cock harden in his pants.

Ray kept staring at Fraser's head. The Mountie was leaning over him; his hands on the detective's belt... okay... his seatbelt... He could feel Fraser's warmth invading his body and his friend's fingers so close to his cock were driving him crazy. He breathed deeply and filled himself with the Canadian's unique scent... pine, musk, leather... He was half listening to what Fraser was saying and trying hard to control himself.

"Yes, Ray. Inspector Thatcher faxed the report, as Leftenant Welsh did. Besides, the roads were closed as soon as the faxed report was received. But that call was made this morning, and even if the local authorities acted quickly, the Canadian border is very close to Washington. So, they may still be in Cascade because the roads are closed, but they may already be in Canada," said Fraser, buckling up the detective's seatbelt and sitting back in his own seat.

"Holy shit," said Ray, shifting uncomfortably in his seat, trying to ease the pressure on his aching cock.

"Ray!"

"Sorry Frase. But I don't think it'll be easy."

Fraser closed the file folder and returned it to his backpack.

"Fraser?"

"Yes, Ray?"

"What do you know about those cops we'll have to work with?" he asked, removing his leather jacket and placing it on his lap to mask the bulge in his jeans.

"Ray, I thought you read the file," teased Fraser.

"Uh, yeah I did. But...." Ray looked at Fraser and gave him a killer smile, his green-blue eyes shining.

Fraser couldn't resist Ray's eyes. He felt a shiver run through his body, ending in his cock which throbbed in his jodhpurs. He shifted in his seat, thumbed his eyebrow and took a deep breath.

"You okay, Frase?"

"Uh, yes, Ray," said Fraser, his face turning the color of his Red Serge.

"So, what about those cops?"

Fraser knew Ray had read the report, but it was always like that with him. Ray seemed to be able to make better sense of things when the facts were told to him than when he read them, and apparently it was the same for those cops' files.

"Well, in fact, there's only one Detective, Ray. His name is James Joseph Ellison. It is written in his report that he spent eighteen months in the jungles of Peru after his team was killed. He was rescued and currently works with the Cascade PD and has been for six years."

"Great, we'll have to work with Greystoke," joked Ray.

"Ray, that is irrelevant. Detective Ellison is a legend. He survived in the jungle for eighteen months."

"That's what I said, Fraser... Greystoke," said Ray grinning.

Fraser shook his head... //It will definitely not be easy. //

"Okay, who's the other guy? You said he ain't a cop."

"No, his name is Blair Jacob Sandburg. He's an anthropologist and works as a police observer for the Cascade PD."

"An antolo... anproto... a what?" asked Ray stunned.

"An anthropologist, Ray. An anthropologist is someone who studies...."

"I know what it is, Frase. I just don't understand what the hell he's doing with the Cascade PD."

"Well, except for the fact that he works as an observer, that's pretty much all we know. He also teaches at Rainier University."

"Great! We're gonna work with Greystoke and The Nutty Professor."

Fraser shook his head in despair and leaned back in his seat.

***

Jim and Blair exited Major Crimes, and headed towards the detective's truck, driving back to the loft.

"So, Jim, what are we gonna do?" asked Blair, looking at his friend concerned.

"I don't know, Chief."

"Look, man, you still can act as if your senses are normal," said Blair, staring at Jim.

Jim glanced sideways at Blair, then turned back to his driving.

"Okay, okay. Scratch that, man," said Blair, chewing his bottom lip. "That guy's a cop, right?"

"Yeah. A Mountie."

"Okay. You think that this guy, Cahill, is hiding in Cascade?"

"Probably not in the city. Maybe in the woods," said Jim.

"Oh shit, man!"

"Exactly," answered Jim. "Chief, I'll need my senses to track them down, especially in the woods. They'll notice something's weird about me."

"Okay, okay. We gotta think up something. But for now... When are they coming?"

"In three hours."

"We're gonna pick them up?" Blair asked.

"Yep."

Jim parked the truck and they headed towards the loft.

"We could maybe have them sleep here tonight?"

"Are you outta your mind, Sandburg? I just told you it's insane to stick around with them all day long, and you want them to sleep at the loft?"

"Listen, man. They're new to the city."

"They're also adults and can find their way around themselves, Chief," said Jim, pushing on the elevator's button for the third floor.

"But we need to discuss the case, Jim. We need to know more about that Cahill."

"Okay, Mother Theresa. And where are they supposed to sleep, huh?" Jim opened the door and entered the loft.

Blair became silent all of a sudden, following Jim inside, removing his jacket and hanging it up.

Jim tossed the keys into the basket on the table, also removing his jacket and hanging it next to Blair's. "So, Chief? Where are they supposed to sleep?" he asked again.

"Oneofthemcouldtakemyroomandtheothercantakethecouch," said Blair in one long breath.

"What?"

"Well... uh... One of them could take my room and the other can take the couch," repeated Blair, stuttering.

"Great, Darwin. And where are you going to sleep, huh? On the balcony?" joked Jim.

The Sentinel headed toward the fridge, took two beers and opened them. He came back to his Guide, gave him one and sipped at his own.

"I... uh... I was thinking that... that... maybe I could sleep with you? I mean...." babbled Blair, blushing vividly.

Jim almost choked on his beer, spitting it out. He felt the heat rising in his body and his cock throbbing in his pants. "Chief, I... I don't think that's a good idea," he stammered, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Why?" asked Blair pleading.

//Because I could never help myself and I'd make love to you all night long. Because I'm in love with you and I want you as I've never wanted anyone in my life. Because you drive me crazy, and just being near you gives me a hard on... Because.... // thought Jim. He swallowed hard, trying to ignore his growing erection.

Blair spoke before Jim could think of a good excuse. "I don't take up much space, Jim. I don't snore. Well, I've never heard myself. Besides, if I snored, you'd probably hear me from upstairs, so...." he said, opening his hands and arms wide.

Blair gave Jim those huge puppy eyes.

"Okay, Chief, you win. You can sleep with me. They can sleep here. But just for one night. I don't like people strolling around our home, Chief."

Blair felt his heart accelerate when Jim said our home, not my home.

"Thanks, man," said Blair, his voice a little higher than usual.

"So, are you going to make us one of your special diners, Chief?" asked Jim, trying desperately to forget the rock-hard erection in his pants.

"Why not? How about I prepare a recipe out of this Persian folklore book. There's these seven dishes that when eaten together are supposed to create this amazing aphrodisiac effect." Blair bit his tongue; he hadn't planned to say the last words out loud.

Jim swallowed hard, choking on his beer again, and his cock was trying to dig a hole in his jeans. He was thankful his shirt was out of his pants. But he couldn't hide it much longer. He tried to joke at Blair's last comment because the young anthropologist couldn't have meant what he had just said.

"And what are you trying to do, Cupid? Get those guys together in bed? I don't think they need your help if they wanna be lovers and have a good time."

Jim headed towards the bathroom without looking back. Blair was watching him, mouth wide open.

***

//So, Jim has nothing against two guys together, // thought Blair. Maybe there was hope. Okay, Jim had joked about those cops not needing his help, but he was serious when he talked about them being lovers. The fact that he had used the word lovers was already a good sign.

Blair decided to prepare his meal. //Okay, those guys could use his room if they wanted to have a great time... *He* would be sharing Jim's bed.... //

Blair heard the water running and took the opportunity to search for the ingredients to prepare his aphrodisiac meal. He could always tell Jim he used another Persian folklore recipe, not the aphrodisiac one and he'd see if the recipe worked.... Blair was grinning devilishly to himself.

***

Jim closed the bathroom door behind him and leaned against it. He took a few breaths and stripped, then looked down at his erection. His cock was rock-hard and already leaking. Blair was driving him crazy and he was going to end up senile if he didn't do something about it quickly.

He turned on the water, waited for it to heat to the proper temperature and entered the shower. He leaned back against the wall, resting his head. Jim slid his fingers along his throat, digging one fingertip into the hollow at the juncture of his neck and shoulder.

He caressed his collarbone, sliding his fingers along his shoulders, down his pectorals and to his nipples. He started to tease the little nubs, slipping his fingertips around them, pinching the burning flesh gently. He played with his nipples for a few moments, feeling them harden beneath his fingers.

When his nipples were erect and over-stimulated, Jim slipped his fingers along his stomach, down his belly and circled his bellybutton. He slid his fingers further down on his groin and moaned. The more his fingers zeroed in on his cock, the more he trembled and whimpered from the pleasure.

Jim took a deep breath, grabbed Blair's natural sandalwood soap and started to make it foam in his hands. He put the soap back down and smelled his fingers... //Yeah, it smells like Blair...// Jim closed his soapy fingers around his throbbing cock and moaned loudly. He started to pump himself slowly with his right hand, while reaching behind himself with the left one.

He slithered his soapy middle finger between his buttocks and started to tease his body opening. After a few attempts, the digit slipped inside easily. He groaned as he thrust his finger in and out of his body, his right hand still pumping his rock-hard penis.

Jim slid a second finger between his buttocks and after a brief moment, the finger joined its mate. Jim bit his bottom lip to suppress a cry of pain/pleasure and quickened his pumping on his cock. He began to thrust frantically into his fist, rocking backward and impaling himself on his fingers.

The scent of Blair's soap mixed with his own scent and pre-cum was driving Jim crazy. He closed his eyes and thought about Blair's penis pounding and thrusting deep inside him... Blair's hand working his penis and sending him to heaven... Blair kissing his neck and biting his shoulder, moaning and shaking from pleasure, exploding into the spiral of orgasm.

Jim closed his eyes, bit his bottom lip and groaned huskily. He came in wild pulses, his cock showering his milky juices on his hands and belly and on the shower floor, his internal muscles clenching hard around his fingers.

Jim slipped his fingers out of his body, turned around and rested his forehead on the shower wall. He leaned like that a few more minutes, allowing his breathing to come back to normal. He grabbed Blair's soap again and started to wash himself. He wanted Blair's scent all over him... even if it was just one of Blair's scented items and not the true and pure scent of his Guide himself.

Finally, Jim turned the water off, stepped out of the shower and toweled himself dry. He put some fresh clothes on and left the bathroom.

***

Blair was rummaging through the kitchen cabinets, trying to find the ingredients he needed for his preparation.

"So, Captain Igloo," said Jim smiling. "You're going to make this aphrodisiac meal?"

Blair blushed vividly and buried himself further into the cabinet he was searching. "Yep."

Jim shook his head. //This isn't going to be easy. Oh, no. Not easy at all, // he thought.

"Sorry to disturb your excavations, Chief, but we gotta go if we wanna catch them."

"Yeah, sure, man. I got everything I want." Almost he added to himself.

Blair put the vine leafs box on the kitchen counter and followed Jim.

The Sentinel grabbed his Guide's leather jacket and handed it to him before taking his own. "Don't forget your keys, Chief," he said, as he walked out of the loft.

"Yes, mom," joked Blair.

***

They took the elevator, exited the building and went to Blair's 1969 Green Volvo Amazon.

"You wanna drive?" asked Blair, tossing Jim the keys.

"Me?"

"Yeah, you."

"Sandburg, it's the first time you've let me drive your car. Are you okay?" asked Jim, stunned.

"Hey, look, everything needs a beginning, man," said Blair, climbing into the passenger's seat.

"Okay," said Jim, climbing into the driver's seat. He started the Volvo and drove towards the airport.

"So," said Blair, looking intently at Jim.

"So... what?" asked Jim, glancing sideways towards Blair.

"You sure it's not a problem for tonight?"

"Tonight?" asked Jim, feigning ignorance.

"Yeah, man. You know... tonight... me sleeping with you." Blair bit his bottom lip. "I mean... to let those cops sleep at your... I mean our place."

"Your idea, Chief, not mine," said Jim, glancing at Blair again.

"Sorry, man. Listen, if you don't want them to sleep at the loft, let's just forget I mentioned it... 'Cause I don't want you to...."

"Whoa. Easy, Chief," Jim cut in. "It's okay. We just have to be careful. But if they do stay over, we'll be able to learn more about them. In fact, I think it's a good idea."

Blair opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out, and he closed his jaw with a clapping noise.

The rest of the drive was made in silence.

***

Fraser and Ray exited the plane and went to retrieve their luggage.

Ray started to look for their bags. "Lemme do it, Frase," he said, approaching the conveyor belt. He stood in front of the conveyor belt, watching the bags and suitcases as they went around.

Suddenly Fraser saw the detective's bag. "There, Ray, there's your bag."

Ray turned towards Fraser. "Huh? Where?"

"Just over there, Ray, next to the yellow suitcase," said Fraser, jerking his head towards said suitcase.

Ray stared at the conveyor belt, searching for the yellow suitcase. When he didn't see anything, he took his black-framed glasses from his pocket and put them on. He saw the bag and started to run towards the end of the belt. Just as he reached it, the bag disappeared inside the curtain. "Shit!" he yelled.

"Ray? Ray? Ray! RAY!" Fraser called intently.

"What?" barked Ray, angry at the bags.

"There's my bag. Please, let me help y...."

"No," Ray cut in. "I can do it, Fraser." He jumped onto the conveyor belt and started to walk towards Fraser's bag. He picked it up and climbed down the belt, handing the bag to the Mountie. "Ta da," he said, grinning proudly.

"Thank you kindly, Ray," said Fraser, taking his bag.

"You're welcome, Benton buddy," smiled Ray, patting Fraser's arm.

"Ray?"

"Yeah, Fraser?"

"I think this is your bag."

"Where? Where?" asked the blond detective, turning back towards the conveyor belt.

"There, Ray, still next to the yellow suitcase."

"Wait! Don't move!" Ray yelled to his bag. "Don't move! C'mover here!" He jumped back onto the conveyor belt and started to run after his bag. "Chicago PD, stop that bag!" shouted Ray, showing his badge.

Fraser couldn't help but smile, his heart warming at the sight of his friend acting so childishly.

Ray kept running after the bag, which disappeared again behind the curtain. "Enough is enough!" he said, kneeling.

"Ray? Ray? What are you doing? Ray? Where are you...." Fraser didn't finish the question because Ray had also disappeared behind the curtain. He shook his head and thumbed his eyebrow. "Oh Dear."

Five minutes later, Fraser saw spiky blond hair peeking out of the opposite entry of the conveyor belt... followed by the rest of Ray, still on all fours, gripping his bag tightly.

Ray kept turning until he reached Fraser and jumped off the conveyor belt. "Ah, ha. Ta da! Got it!" he said boastfully, showing Fraser his bag.

"Congratulations, Ray. That was... um... that was quite entertaining."

"Thanks, Frase."

And they both cracked up laughing.

***

"Maybe they missed their plane," said Blair, checking the clock again.

"No, it says it landed on time," answered Jim, checking the arrival board.

Suddenly, the doors opened and Fraser and Ray appeared.

"I think that's them," said Jim, jerking his head towards Fraser and Ray.

"How do you kn...." Blair's question died in his mouth when he caught sight of Fraser's Red Serge. "Ooooo-kay."

"Here they are, Ray," said Fraser, nodding towards Jim and Blair.

"How do you know, Fraser?" asked Ray.

"Because of the pictures, Ray."

"The pictures? What pictures?"

"Their I.D. pictures in their files."

"Oh. I knew that," answered Ray.

"Hi, my name is Blair Sandburg," said Blair, reaching his hand towards Fraser.

They shook hands.

"Ray... Ray Vecchio," said Ray, shaking Jim's hand.

"Jim Ellison," answered the Sentinel.

"Hello, my name is Constable Benton Fraser. I first came...." started Fraser, smiling at Blair.

"Not now, Frase," Ray cut in.

"Uh... yes. I'm sorry," said Fraser, releasing Blair's hand and turning towards Jim.

Ray shook Blair's hand.

"Welcome to Cascade, Detective Vecchio," said Blair, smiling.

"Please, call me Ray," answered the spiky-blond man, smiling back.

Jim reached his hand out to shake Fraser's. When their hands made contact, Jim jerked away, stepping back. He heard a growl... rather two growls and started to look around.

Fraser kept staring at him puzzled.

Jim looked around and saw two black jaguars lurking on the other side of the room. He opened his mouth wide, then turned back to face Fraser.

"Jim? Jim? Jim, you okay, man?" asked Blair panicked.

Jim still didn't move.

"Would you please excuse us?" said Blair, pushing Jim away from Ray and Fraser.

Fraser and Ray looked at each other bewildered.

"Jim, what's up, man?" asked Blair, resting his hands on the detective's arms.

"Black jaguars... two," said Jim.

"What?" asked Blair, his mouth going wide open.

"I tell you Frase, those guys are weird," said Ray, staring at the Sentinel and his Guide.

"When I shook his hand I felt something... like an electric shock... I... I heard a growl... rather two growls... and when I looked around I saw two black jaguars. Sandburg, this is weird, really weird."

"You think he's a Sentinel?" asked Blair, looking back at Fraser.

"Dunno, Chief."

"Jim, I don't know if this means something but... Alex was a spotted jaguar, not a black one. It seems that spotted jaguars are bad and black jaguars are good."

"I dunno," repeated Jim. "The guy doesn't seem dangerous. I have no bad feelings. I just sense he's different."

"Do you know if he felt the same? Do you know if he noticed you're a Sentinel?"

"Jeez, Chief, I really don't know."

"Did he... uh... did he look at you differently?" asked Blair, closing the distance between them and whispering.

"Yeah, he looked at me oddly."

"Jim! That's not funny, man."

"I'm not kidding, Sandburg. He looked at me like he didn't know what was happening to me."

"So, you think he's not aware you're a Sentinel?"

"For Pete's sake, Sandburg, I don't know... but if he noticed, he didn't show any signs."

"Well, let's just get back to them and see what happens. Once again, you said you saw two black jaguars, not a spotted one, right?"

"Yeah. So?"

"So, maybe this guy's the Sentinel of Chicago, like... like you're the Sentinel of Cascade. He probably doesn't want or need to hunt on your territory," said Blair, chewing his bottom lip.

"Well, let's hope you're right, Chief."

***

Jim and Blair headed back to Ray and Fraser.

"Please excuse us," said Blair.

"No, don't be sorry, Mr. Sandburg," said Fraser. "Are you alright, Detective?"

Jim felt three pairs of eyes on him. "Uh... yeah. Sorry," he said, looking at Fraser.

"So," said Ray. "What do we do now? Do you know if there's a hotel booked for us or something?"

Blair glanced at Jim to be sure he hadn't changed his mind after that incident, but Jim didn't say anything. "Uh... how 'bout you stay at our place," asked the teaching fellow.

"Your... your place?" echoed Ray, dubious.

"Yeah... Uh... Jim and I are... uh... roommates. We... I thought it would be better if you stayed at Jim's loft. So, uh... that we could... you know, we could get to know each other and discuss the case. Besides, you're new to the city and hotels are expensive and...."

"I think they understand, Chief," Jim cut in.

"Yeah, right, sorry," babbled Blair. "So?"

"It's very kind of you, Mr. Sandburg, but we don't want to intrude," said Fraser.

"It's not a problem, Constable. Please, we would be happy to have you stay at our place. Wouldn't we, Jim?"

"Yeah, sure, of course," was Jim's answer.

"You're very certain we wouldn't be disturbing you, Detective?" Fraser asked Jim.

Blair nudged Jim. "No, it's okay, Constable," said the ex-army Ranger, trying to pretend he didn't feel anything. "I'm sorry. I'm a little preoccupied."

"No problem, pal," said Ray. "So, we can crash at your place? Great, thanks."

"We'll certainly pay for the room and everything else," said Fraser.

"Nah, it's okay," Blair cut in, looking sideways at Jim.

"Yeah, sure, no problem. C'mon, the car's parked over there," said Jim, turning and walking towards the exit.

They headed towards the parking lot, following Jim.

***

The drive to the loft was animated due to Blair's questions and Fraser's comments.

"So, Constable, If I may ask... How does a Mountie end up in Chicago?"

//Oh, no! // Thought Ray. //Here we go. //

"Well, I first came to Chicago on the trail of the killers of my father and, for reasons that don't need exploring at this juncture, I have remained attached as Liaison Officer with the Canadian Consulate."

"Whoa," said Blair.

"Don't worry, he does that all the time," cracked Ray.

"Ray, please," said Fraser, staring at him with reprimanding eyes.

"Sorry, Frase," said Ray, still laughing.

"Uh, Constable, before going to Chicago, you worked alone? I mean... you worked in the tundra or something?" asked Blair.

//That's my Blair, // though Jim, smiling to himself.

"Yes, I used to work in the Northwest Territories," answered Fraser.

"You worked alone there?" asked Blair again.

"Yes. I had been chasing a man who had fished over the limit. The pursuit lasted almost a week. That was my last mission before my father died. Then, I went to Chicago on the trail of his killers."

Jim and Blair glanced at each other, then the detective resumed his driving.

"And, how did you hunt him? I mean... it must not be easy tracking a man in the tundra," said Blair, feeling he was on the right track himself.

"Yes, indeed, it's not an easy thing. But I've been trained by the RCMP in various methods of tracking men in the snow and...."

"You can see a man's traces in the snow?" asked Blair, feeling his smile broadening.

"Yes. The traces are quite visible, even after a few days," answered Fraser.

"Man, you should see him track down a suspect," said Ray. "He can see small traces that I could never have seen. And he... he does this stuff with his tongue," Ray bit his bottom lip and felt three pair of eyes on him. "I mean, he's always licking stuff to find out what it is, where it comes from and so on."

Jim and Blair glanced at each other once again.

"Ray, please...."

"Nah, Frase, it's true. And... and you're always smelling and sniffing things. Sometimes I wonder which one's the wolf."

"The wolf?" asked Blair and Jim in unison.

"Yeah, Diefenbaker... Dief, his wolf... deaf wolf," answered Ray.

"You have a deaf wolf?" asked Blair incredulous.

"Long story," said Ray.

"Okay. Okay. So, you can see small traces... you can taste and recognize things... you can smell and identify things," said Blair.

"well, yes, I think," said Fraser.

"Any chance you can identify sound and describe it? Hear something that you're partner can't? Or...."

"Chief," whispered Jim.

"I beg your pardon, Mr. Sandburg? I'm sorry, I don't understand," said Fraser.

"Sorry, Constable. Never mind. So, we're almost home. You hungry?" asked Blair, changing the subject.

"Starving," answered Ray.

"Good. I'm fixing a meal you won't forget," said Blair grinning.

"Please, Mr. Sandburg, you don't have to cook for us," said Fraser.

"It's okay, Constable. Please, call me Blair."

"Blair," repeated Fraser. "And you can call me... Fraser."

"Me... Ray," said Ray laughing.

"Jim," said Jim, turning the engine off.

And the four of them exited the car.

***

They entered the building on 852 Prospect Avenue and took the elevator to the third floor, apartment 307. Jim opened the door, tossed his keys into the basket on the table and hung his jacket on the coat-rack. Fraser and Ray followed him inside and Blair was the last to enter the loft.

"Wow, nice place," said Ray looking around.

"Thanks. Well, follow me guys," said Blair heading towards his bedroom. "Here's the bedroom. You can put your things here. One of you can take the bed, the other'll have to take the couch."

"We don't want to disturb you, Mr. Sandburg," said Fraser. Blair raised an eyebrow. "Uh, Blair," corrected the Mountie smiling.

"No problem, Fraser," said Blair.

"I can sleep on the floor, Blair, so Ray can take the couch."

"Hey, Fraser, the bed is better you know," hurried Ray.

"But, Ray, where will Blair sleep if you take the bed?" inquired Fraser.

Blair felt two pairs of eyes on him. He opened his mouth to answer but Jim, appearing in the doorframe, was faster. "With me," he said.

Fraser, Ray and Blair turned to stare at Jim, their mouths wide open.

"Oh," was Ray's response.

Blair blushed vividly. "I... uh... I'm gonna prepare dinner, guys," he said, rushing out of the bedroom.

"Well, guys," said Jim. "Make yourself at home. Bathroom's next door. There's fresh towels in the cabinet below the sink if you wanna take a shower."

"Oh, that would be heaven, man," said Ray. "The flight was... you know... long."

"Yeah. Go ahead," said Jim.

"You forgot to tell him not to use all the hot water, Jim," shouted Blair from the kitchen, laughing.

"Oh, you!" said Jim, leaving Blair's room and joining him in the kitchen.

***

Ray sat on Blair's bed, then lay down.

"They're quite adorable, Ray," said Fraser, smiling.

"Huh?" asked Ray.

"They make a really cute couple."

Ray opened his eyes sitting up on the young anthropologist's bed. "You mean...."

"Well, I don't know, Ray. But they look very comfortable together. Besides, they seem to be deeply in love with each other," said Fraser.

//If only it could be us, // thought Ray. But he just said, "They're lucky."

Fraser stopped dead in his task of opening his backpack. "What do you mean, Ray?" he asked.

//Shit! Did I say that out loud? // thought Ray. "I... uh... I mean that they're both lucky to have someone to love and that loves them back."

Fraser felt as if his heart had been ripped in two. "Yes, Ray. They are lucky to love and be loved," he said sadly.

***

Jim spat his beer out of his mouth.

"What is it, Jim?" asked Blair.

"Uh, nothing, Chief."

"Jim," said Blair, looking intently at him.

"The Mountie just said, and I quote," said Jim placing his beer on the kitchen counter, and making a quoting motion with his fingers. "They're quite adorable, Ray. They make a really cute couple."

"Oh. Why did he... Uh... How did he... What makes him... you know... What makes him think that we... you know... You and I... I mean...." babbled Blair brightly.

"I don't know, Chief," said Jim, lifting his beer again and sipping it.

"Uh, well, then... would you... um... would you help me set the table?"

"Sure, honey," said Jim.

Blair jumped when Jim called him honey and cut his finger. "Shit!" he yelled.

"You okay, Chief?" asked Jim, worried.

"Yeah, I just sliced my finger," said Blair, looking at the blood.

"Didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with sharp objects?" asked Jim, smiling and taking his Guide's hand in his own hands.

"Yeah, funny, man," said Blair looking up at Jim who was staring at his bleeding finger. "You already asked me that."

"You have to make the bleeding stop, Chief," said Jim before slipping Blair's finger into his mouth and sucking on it.

Blair moaned and closed his eyes, enjoying Jim's tongue rolling around his fingertip and along the cut. He felt his cock harden in his pants, wishing it was his penis in the older man's mouth.

Jim sucked at Blair's finger gently, mouthing it erotically. He felt his cock throb in his pants. The taste of Blair's skin and blood was intoxicating and was driving him crazy.

Jim took the whole length of Blair's finger into his mouth and closed the distance between their bodies.

"Um... Sorry to... to interrupt, guys," said Ray. "I... uh... Can I take a shower?"

"Uh huh," nodded Blair.

Jim let Blair's finger slip out of his mouth and turned around. He headed towards the table, unable to speak.

The grad student slid his fingertip into his mouth, feeling the wetness of Jim's saliva on it. He sucked it gently, feeling his cock harden even more, then released his finger and resumed his dinner preparations.

***

Jim started to set the table. He could smell Blair's arousal overwhelming his own.

//What's happening? What's going on here? This is weird! Why now? Is there a chance Blair feels the same as I do? // thought Jim, busying himself in setting the table to avoid thinking about his growing erection.

Fraser walked out of Blair's bedroom. "May I help you?" he asked.

"Yeah," said Blair. "Could you slice those vegetables for me, please?"

"Yes, Blair, with pleasure," said Fraser, heading towards the kitchen. He took the knife and started to slice the vegetables.

"Hey, guys, I forgot my shampoo. Can I use yours?" asked Ray, coming out of the bathroom. He was naked, with only a towel around his hips.

"Oh my," whispered Fraser so low that only Jim heard him.

"Nice tattoo, man," said Blair.

"Thanks," answered Ray, smiling.

"Shampoo... yeah, use mine, Ray," said Blair. "It's the sandalwood soap and the herbal shampoo."

"Thanks, buddy," said Ray, turning and going back into the bathroom.

***

Fraser was standing there, the knife still in his hand, blood on his finger and on the blade.

"Man, you're bleeding," said Blair. But Fraser didn't move. "Fraser? Fraser? Fraser!" he called.

Ray who heard the calling peeked his head out of the bathroom. "Hey, Frase, buddy, you okay? Frase? Fraser!"

Fraser shook his head and came back to reality. "Uh, yes... I... I'm sorry, Ray."

"You sure you're okay?" asked Ray again.

"Yes, Ray. Don't worry."

"Sure?"

"Yes. I'm fine."

"'Kay," said the detective, before retreating into the bathroom.

"You cut your finger," said Jim.

Fraser looked down at his finger, which was bleeding badly. "Oh," he said absently. "I have some powdered horn in my bag...."

"Powdered horn?" asked Blair.

"Yes, it's really good for cuts," said Fraser.

"But you need to stop the bleeding first," said Jim.

"Yes, of course," answered Fraser, placing his finger under running water. Finally, he went into Blair's room to bandage his cut finger.

"Zone out," said Jim and Blair at the same time, looking incredulously at each other.

***

"So, Chief, you think he was zoning out?" asked Jim, as he finished setting the table.

"Oh yeah, man," beamed Blair.

"You know, Chief," said Jim, "the more I see that guy, the less I think he knows what he's capable of, let alone what he is."

"You think he uses his senses but doesn't know he's doing it?" asked Blair.

"Yeah," answered Jim. "Besides, I don't feel any bad vibes and I haven't seen the jaguars anymore."

"Shhhh," said Blair, placing his hand over Jim's mouth.

"Mmmmooouuuaaattt?" mumbled Jim.

"What?" asked Blair, taking his hand off his Sentinel's mouth.

"What? Why are you telling me to be quiet?"

"Jim, if this guy's a Sentinel, he can probably hear us," whispered Blair.

"Nuh uh, Chief. I don't think so," said Jim.

"Why?" asked Blair, putting all the ingredients into the wok.

"'Cause I don't think he uses his senses full blast," said Jim.

Blair started to chew his bottom lip. "You know, Jim," he said, waving the wooden spoon to punctuate each word, "I think we should tell him."

"Oh, yeah, sure," said Jim laughing. "Just go ahead, Sandburg, and tell him: My name is Blair Sandburg, I'm working on my doctorate in Anthropology and you just may be the *third* living embodiment of my field of study. If I'm correct, Constable Fraser, you're a behavioral throwback to a pre-civilized breed of man... Sure he'll appreciate that, Chief."

"That's very funny, man," said Blair, slapping Jim's ass with the wooden spoon.

"Hey, watch out, junior," said Jim, grabbing the grad student's wrist.

They started to struggle, Jim trying to push Blair away and avoid being hit by the wooden spoon, and Blair trying to get away from Jim's grip and hitting him with the spoon. They were laughing and playing like children when a voice interrupted them.

"Um... sorry to interrupt, guys... again," said Ray, standing outside the bathroom. "Can I help?"

Blair and Jim broke apart, both blushing vividly.

"Uh, no, thank you, Ray," said Blair. "Everything'll be ready in a bit. It just needs to cook for a while."

"Well, then, I... uh... I'll just go and unpack my stuff," said Ray, heading towards Blair's room.

***

Fraser was leaving the bedroom just as Ray was coming in.

"Bathroom is all yours, Frase," said Ray, smiling cheerfully to Fraser.

"Thank you kindly, Ray," answered the Mountie, rushing out of the bedroom.

"Jim? Blair? Do you need my help?" asked Fraser.

"No, thanks," answered Jim.

"May I use your bathroom, please?" asked Fraser.

"Yeah, sure, make yourself at home," said Blair.

"Thank you kindly, Blair," said Fraser.

And Fraser disappeared into the bathroom.

***

"So, where were we, Chief?" asked Jim.

"Huh?" said Blair, looking up from the wok.

"I was kidding about not telling him. But honestly, how are you planning to tell him what he is... if he's really what we think he is," whispered Jim.

"I don't know yet, man," said Blair.

Jim walked around the kitchen island, and stepped behind Blair, leaning over his Guide's shoulder and breathing in deeply. "Mmmmmm, smells great, Chief," he beamed.

"Uh," gasped Ray.

//Oh, God, // thought Blair. //He's probably thinking Jim's talking about me. First he saw Jim sucking my finger, then, he saw us in each other's arms, playing like children, and now, he heard Jim telling me I smell great. // Blair felt his cock harden in his pants. He could still feel his Sentinel's warmth against his back. //Jim was talking about the food... not about you, you moron! // he reprimanded himself. Then he looked at the spiky-blond man. "Please, sit down, Ray. It'll be ready in a minute," said Blair.

"'Kay," agreed Ray.

//Oh my Lord, if only Fraser and I could be that close to each other, // thought Ray. //If only I could take him in my arms and smell his skin. // Ray shook his head and headed towards the table. He took a chair and sat down.

***

Fraser exited the bathroom wearing a pair of jeans and a blue polo shirt.

"Please, sit down, Fraser, it's ready," said Blair.

Fraser walked over to the table and sat across from Ray.

Blair and Jim brought the dinner to the table and sat down. Blair filled the plates and they started to eat.

The dinner was eaten in silence with only a few comments about the food, complimenting Blair on his culinary skills.

When they finished, they removed the dishes and cleaned everything up.

***

"It was delicious, Blair," said Fraser.

"Thank you, Fraser," answered Blair.

"So," said Jim. "I think we should discuss the case."

"Yeah," answered Ray.

"I'm gonna get the files," said Blair, hurrying into his bedroom to retrieve the files on his desk.

"I think they're the same as ours," said Fraser.

"Yep," answered Jim.

Blair came back with the files and the four of them sat around the table. Blair opened the files and laid them out on the table.

"So, what can you tell us about Constable Turnbull?" asked Jim.

"Well, Constable Renfield Turnbull is a young man attached as Liaison Officer with the Canadian Consulate, like myself. He lives alone and has no family in Chicago," said Fraser.

"Okay," said Jim. "Do you know why he's been kidnapped?"

"In fact," said Ray; "Cahill wanted revenge. It's a long story. According to what we know, it's Fraser that he wanted, 'cause it's Fraser who arrested him."

"So, why did they kidnap Constable Turnbull?" asked Blair.

"I think it was his men who kidnapped Constable Turnbull. And we believe they made a mistake," said Fraser.

"Yeah, they took the wrong Mountie," said Ray.

"And now they want an exchange?" inquired Jim.

"Yep," answered Ray.

"So, what do you know about this guy Cahill?" asked Blair.

"The guy's a freak," said Ray. "Killed a guy and tried to make people believe I was the killer. Fraser entrapped him and arrested him in front of the media."

"Ouch," said Blair.

"Yeah, and now he wants Fraser," continued Ray.

"What are we gonna do?" asked Blair. "You know where he's hiding?"

"No, but according to the phone call, he's somewhere in the woods around Cascade," said Ray.

"He said he'll call back to arrange a rendezvous," said Fraser.

"Will he call the Consulate in Chicago or here in Cascade?" asked Jim.

"We don't know, Jim," said Ray. "But if he calls in Chicago, they'll transfer the call to my cell phone."

"You planning on waiting for his call?" asked Blair.

"No, but what do you wanna do?" asked Ray.

"Well, we could try to find him before he calls," said Jim. "Take him by surprise."

"Find him... in the woods?" asked Ray incredulously.

"Yeah," said Blair. "Fraser, you said you're good at tracking men?"

"Yes, but this would be difficult," said Fraser.

"Don't worry, Jim's really good at tracking people too," said Blair, patting Jim's forearm.

Fraser and Ray stared mesmerized at the intimate touch between the two men in front of them.

"Listen," said Jim. "I know it wouldn't be easy. But how about if we pack some things and start the search early in the morning?"

"What?" came from the three stunned men.

"Yeah. The longer we wait, the less chance we got to find Constable Turnbull before Cahill calls," said Jim. "I know you must be exhausted, so I think you should both get some sleep. Then, we can start the search tomorrow morning... let's say around 5.00 a.m."

"5.00 a.m.?" asked Ray bewildered.

"Uh huh. We could start immediately but I don't think you'd go for it, you're much too tired and it wouldn't help the situation," said Jim.

"Well, okay. Works for me," said Ray.

"You okay with that, Fraser?" asked Jim.

"Yes, it's fine with me," answered Fraser. "But if you want to start now, Jim, I agree."

"No, Fraser. Jim's right, you have to rest," said Blair.

"Well, guys, I think we'd better get to bed," said Jim.

"Yep," said Ray, standing up. "You sure it's okay if I use the bed?"

"Yeah, sure man," answered Blair, his heartbeat accelerating, thinking about spending the night with Jim.

"'Kay. Night, guys," said Ray, heading to Blair's bedroom.

"Night, Ray," answered Jim and Blair.

Fraser stood up and followed Ray to retrieve his bedroll and long johns from Blair's room. Then he came back to the couch. "Thank you kindly, Blair. Thank you too, Jim," he said. "Good night to both of you."

"G'night, Fraser," answered Blair.

"G'night, Fraser," said Jim.

***

Blair used the bathroom and got himself ready for bed. Then, he climbed the stairs, lay on the huge bed and started to read while Jim used the bathroom.

Meanwhile, Fraser went back to the living room, carrying his bedroll. He placed it between the coffee table and the fireplace; then took the bedroll and placed it on the couch, lying down in it.

Ray stripped to his boxers and T-shirt and lay down on the futon in Blair's bedroom

***

Jim climbed the stairs. He was only wearing his blue boxers. Blair was already upstairs, waiting for Jim, lying in bed, reading. He was wearing a T-shirt and his plaid boxers. His hair was tied up and he was wearing his glasses.

When Jim reached the top of the stairs and Blair caught sight of his Sentinel's body, his heartbeat increased and his breath caught in his throat.

Jim looked at his Guide and paused for a brief moment at the top of the stairs, then headed towards the bed. "So, Chief? What do you think about those guys?" he asked.

"They're great. And this Fraser guy doesn't seem to be an obstacle. I mean, if he's a Sentinel, he doesn't look to be encroaching on your territory."

"Yeah. That's what I feel too," said Jim, sitting on the bed.

Blair felt his heartbeat increase even more and tried to calm down. He closed his book and put it down on the nightstand. Then, he removed his glasses and placed them on the book.

Jim lay down on the bed, sliding the blue sheets over him and leaving the yellow comforter at the bottom of the bed. Blair was staring intensely at the detective.

"So, Chief, are you gonna lie down or are you gonna sleep sitting up?" asked Jim laughing.

"I... uh... I'm gonna lie down," babbled Blair.

"Good," said Jim, rolling onto his side, facing away from Blair, "Chief, you're not going to read all night, are you?"

"Oh, no, man. I'm exhausted."

"You'd better rest, you know, 'cause we have to wake up very early tomorrow morning," said Jim, turning off his bedside lamp.

"Yeah, I know," replied Blair, as he lay down, "Night, Jim."

"Night, Chief."

***

Jim couldn't sleep and he knew Blair wasn't asleep either. His Guide was facing away from him, but Jim could hear his heartbeat, which was beating fast. He couldn't ignore the younger man's arousal either. The grad student had been excited since the detective had come upstairs. Now, it was Jim's turn to have a hard on. Being so close to Blair, smelling his scent, his arousal, feeling his warmth... it was all too much for Jim.

//Well, you could always pretend it's the fucking meal, // thought Jim, //but would he believe you?//

Jim was thinking of going downstairs to have some tea to help him sleep. Blair had shown him once which tea was good for that purpose. But before he could make up his mind, Blair spoke. "Jim?"

"Um?"

"I can't sleep, man," said Blair, turning around to face Jim's back. He started to study Jim's broad back, his muscular shoulders, his spine, and his honey colored skin. Blair swallowed hard and felt his cock throb in his boxers. //Shit! Shit! Shit! Relax, Sandburg. Breathe! Breathe! You can't hide this from Jim, // he thought.

Jim turned around to face his Guide. Their faces were now only a few inches apart, deep ocean blue eyes staring into ice blue eyes. Jim could feel Blair's breath on his face and it was turning him on even more. "Well, if you wanna know, I can't sleep either, Chief."

"Why?" asked Blair huskily.

Jim couldn't tell Blair why. He couldn't tell him it was because he wanted him, because he wanted to make love to him all night long... so, he improvised. "Sandburg, what did you put in that stuff?"

"What stuff?"

"The meal. What did you put into the meal? Caffeine?"

"Nope. No caffeine... My secret, man."

"Your secret, huh? Chief, you made me eat some aphrodisiac meal and now you're telling me it's your secret?" said Jim, rising on his elbow.

Blair blushed a crimson red and stared down at the blue sheets between them. "You... You mean you're...."

"Oh yeah. Good guess, Darwin."

"Oh. Well, I... I'm sorry, man. If it can help you, it's doing the same thing over here," said Blair, pointing down towards his midsection, hidden beneath the sheets.

Jim felt the temperature rise and looked down where Blair was pointing, but before he could find something coherent to say, Blair spoke again. "Jim?"

"Huh?" asked Jim brightly, looking up at Blair.

"I, uh... I didn't prepare the aphrodisiac meal," said the grad student, choosing to tell Jim the truth.

"What?" asked the Sentinel sitting up.

Blair sat up too. "Look, I didn't want those guys to have...you know... to be... well...."

"Excited? Hard? Aroused?"

"Yeah, whatever. So, I, uh... I used another recipe," said Blair looking at Jim with sad puppy eyes.

Jim closed his eyes. His heart was thundering in his chest and his cock was pulsating in his boxers. Of course, he knew that he was hard because of Blair... but if Blair was excited, and if it wasn't because of the meal... it could only mean one thing.... //God, help me//, prayed Jim, //don't let me do something I'll regret. I don't wanna lose him. // "Chief?" he asked, looking at his Guide.

"Yes?" whispered Blair huskily, staring deeply into Jim's eyes, hope and expectation evident on his face.

"Kiss me," said Jim, reaching out a hand and caressing Blair's cheek.

Blair froze and didn't move for what seemed an eternity.

//Please. Oh, God, Please. Don't let me be wrong, // prayed Jim again.

Finally, Blair moved. He leaned into his Sentinel's caress and pressed his face into Jim's palm. Blair closed his eyes and sighed, savoring the touch. He reached out his hand and covered Jim's, then opened his eyes and leaned forward. He brushed his lips lightly against Jim's, still gazing deeply into his Sentinel's eyes, then pulled back slightly.

Jim was paralyzed, he was sure his heart was going to explode. He slid his thumb along Blair's cheek, down to his lips and traced their pattern.

Blair swallowed hard and his Adam's apple slid up and down his throat. It took all of Jim's strength not to plunge on the bobbing lump and suck on it as if his life depended on it. He retrieved his thumb from the luscious lips and slid it down Blair's chin and along his jawbone.

Blair leaned forward again and kissed Jim harder this time. It was a wet, hot and simmering kiss. First, he pressed his lips onto Jim's, tasting them. Then, he took Jim's upper lip between his, sucking on it gently. He let his tongue slide over the burning flesh, going from one corner of the older man's mouth to the other.

Jim slid his right hand behind his Guide's neck and pulled him closer, deepening the kiss.

Blair slipped his tongue between Jim's teeth and upper lip, and nibbled on it amorously. He did the same favor to his Sentinel's lower lip, kissing it, sucking it, and nibbling it.

Jim was purring under Blair's kiss and opened his mouth to welcome him. Blair slipped his tongue tentatively into his lover's mouth. When their tongues met, the grad student groaned huskily into Jim's mouth and pushed deeper into the moist cavern.

Jim sucked on his Guide's tongue, the kiss becoming urgent. Their tongues began to dance and play deliriously. They were devouring each other. Jim pushed Blair back into the mattress and leaned into him, pinning him deeply into the bed.

Blair slid his arms around his Sentinel's back, sliding his fingers along the smooth skin and grabbed the detective's shoulders. Jim thrust his tongue in and out of Blair's mouth, his hands trailing down the younger man's sides.

Finally, they broke apart for air.

"God! Jim," panted Blair.

"I love you, Chief," said Jim huskily.

"I love you too, man, always have," answered Blair, raising his head up to kiss Jim.

They kissed again, passionately. It was a deep soul-searching kiss. Both of them were moaning and groaning into each other's mouths.

Jim kissed Blair's chin, sucking on it, licking his way down along his Guide's throat, from ear to collarbone. Blair threw his head back and Jim caught his lover's Adam's apple and sucked on it hungrily, marking the tender skin. Blair dug his fingernails into the detective's shoulders and Jim bit harder on his partner's neck.

Jim kissed his way up to Blair's left earlobe. He took it into his mouth and suckled on it, biting it and pulling on the little loops. Then, he slid his tongue deeply into Blair's ear causing the grad student to arch under him. He thrust upward against Jim, sliding his fingers along his Sentinel's spine, cupping his buttocks and pressing him harder against his aching erection.

Blair thrust helplessly underneath Jim, matching his Sentinel who was repeatedly plunging his tongue into his ear. Blair was delirious and going wild when Jim pulled away panting.

"I want you, Blair," groaned Jim.

"Oh, God, Jim. I want you too," said Blair squeezing Jim's ass.

Jim plunged back onto Blair's neck and licked the sweat on his lover's skin. He slid his hands beneath Blair's T-shirt and pushed it up. The younger man lifted himself a little from the bed so that Jim could pull his T-shirt off, tossing it over the railing. The Sentinel grabbed his Guide's wrists and lifted his arms above his head. He dove into Blair's right armpit and buried his nose in the soft hair.

Blair gasped when he felt his lover's tongue tasting him. Jim nuzzled his Guide's armpits and filled himself with the unique and pure scent of his lover. Then, he kissed his way up and down Blair's side, biting gently and sucking on the salty skin. Jim finally reached his gift... Blair's right nipple. He closed his lips tentatively around the little brown nub. The young man arched his back and threw his head back, moaning.

Jim stuck his tongue out between his lips and gave the hardening nub a slow lick with the flat of his tongue. Blair reached out a hand and slid it around his Sentinel's neck, pulling him closer against his chest. Jim trailed the tip of his tongue around Blair's nipple, rolling over it, then took it into his mouth and suckled on it.

When Blair's right nipple was over-stimulated, Jim abandoned it and kissed his way along his Guide's torso to feast on the pierced nipple. He did the same favor to the begging nub and pulled on the silver loop rhythmically. His left hand played with the soft hair chest for a while, then trailed along the thin line of hair going from the middle of his Guide's torso, down his stomach, to his navel.

Jim slipped his fingertips inside the waistband of Blair's boxers, while still kissing his Guide's pierced nipple. He looked at Blair, who was purring under the pleasure, his head thrown back, eyes half closed, lips slightly parted. The young man opened his eyes completely and glanced down at Jim. He took the detective's hand in his and slid it further into his boxers, onto his cock.

When Jim's fingers made contact with his penis, Blair thrust fiercely against his Sentinel's hand. "UUUURRGGGHHH," he growled, then he added, " Sssssshhhhhh...."

Jim released the little loop he was playing with. "I didn't say anything, Chief."

"Was... was talking to... to myself," panted Blair.

Jim grinned and returned to his meal. He sucked on Blair's nipple while pushing the boxers down his Guide's legs.

Blair twisted underneath him and shoved his boxers totally off his body, pushing them deep down in the bed.

Jim threw the sheets aside and looked at him. "God, Blair, you're beautiful." He started to pump his Guide's cock slowly, gently, pulling on the nipple ring with his teeth each time his hand moved up and down Blair's penis.

Blair was delusional and already leaking. Jim slid his thumb over the slit on his lover's cock and collected the pre-cum. He brought his semen-covered digit to his mouth and sucked on it greedily. Blair almost came from the erotic sight.

When Jim returned his hand to his Guide's painful erection, the teaching fellow stopped him. "Wait... Wait... Jim... Gonna... gonna come... Please... Wait," he panted.

Blair pulled Jim up into a kiss. He tasted every bit of Ellison's mouth, then kissed his way down his Sentinel's neck. Jim grabbed Blair's hands and slid them into his blue boxers. The grad student wasted no time and pushed the soft fabric away.

When he caught sight of Jim's fully erect penis, Blair opened his mouth wide. "Oh, God, Jim, you're beautiful."

Jim smiled... Blair was echoing his own compliment.

He took hold over Blair's wrist, guiding his Guide's hand to his trembling cock. Blair closed his fingers into a loose fist around Jim's penis and started to pump him slowly. He copied the same action the older man had just done... he slid his thumb along the crown of Jim's cock and collected his pre-cum. Then, brought the semen-covered digit to his mouth and tasted his lover's essence.

Jim plunged his mouth on Blair's and kissed him passionately. He leaned into his lover, covering his Guide's body with his own. Skin against skin. Jim settled down between Blair's thighs and positioned himself so that their cocks were sliding along each other.

He reached his hand between their bodies and smeared Blair's pre-cum on his cock. Then, he grabbed the scientist's hand and guided it between their bodies, towards his own cock. Blair closed his fingers around Jim's penis and spread his Sentinel's pre-cum on his cock.

They both were sweaty and panting. Jim slid his fingers up along his Guide's body, along his belly, stomach, chest and neck to reach his ponytail. He loosened the elastic band and freed Blair's curly hair. He slid his fingers into the soft curls, then caressed his partner's face.

He looked deeply into the young man's eyes. "I love you, Blair," he murmured.

"And I love you, Jim," answered Blair, sliding his fingers along Jim's back.

Jim started to thrust slowly against Blair, their cocks sliding easily against each other and between their bodies due to the sweat and their mixed pre-cum. They couldn't hold out too much longer, even though they wanted it to last forever.

Blair quickened the rhythm, thrusting upwards against Jim. He felt the orgasm build in his balls and dug his fingernails into Jim's ass, pulling him closer. Blair threw his head back and arched his back, pressing his cock harder between their bodies. He groaned harshly, his body convulsing and shaking, releasing his hot milky juices between them. "ARRRGHHHHH, JIM... Oh Jim, Jim... Jim...."

The first burning wave of Blair's essence against his aching cock sent Jim over the edge. He pushed hard against the teaching fellow and bit his shoulder, sinking his teeth into the tender skin of his lover. He shook violently, his cock shooting his warm seed between their sweaty bodies. "URRRMMMPHHHH... Blair... Urrrgghhh...."

They lay like that in each other's arms, panting, trying to catch their breath. Finally, Jim tried to move away to lay back on the bed but Blair tightened his arms around him.

"Don't... please... stay," murmured Blair.

Jim lay back against Blair and rested his head on his Guide's chest, closing his eyes. "Love you, Chief," he mumbled around the anthropologist's right nipple.

"Love you too, man," answered Blair sleepily.

"Chief?"

"Um?"

"Do you think they heard us?"

"Huh?"

"Fraser and Ray," repeated Jim, sliding his fingers along Blair's sides, "you think they heard us?"

Jim's question remained unanswered... he looked up at his lover... Blair was already asleep. The grad student looked so happy and had a big smile on his reddened and swollen lips.

//He looks so fragile and so young, // thought Jim, //God, he's beautiful... and he is *mine*.... //

And Jim fell asleep, not caring about the stickiness drying between their bodies.

***

//Oh Dear, // thought Fraser when he saw Blair's T-shirt fly over the railing.

He was lying on the couch, in his bedroll, his eyes closed. He was trying not to listen to what was happening upstairs. Fraser had felt that Blair and Jim were lovers and it was very painful because he wished that he and Ray were lovers too. Hearing Jim and Blair making love was torturing him; Fraser would give everything to be so close to Ray....

"Hey, Frase, you're not sleeping?" asked Ray half-asleep, going out of Blair's bedroom.

Fraser opened his eyes in a shot and sat up, staring at his friend and blushing a vivid red. "Uh... no, Ray. I'm afraid not."

The blond cop went to the couch and sat next to the Mountie, putting his hand on Fraser's shoulder. "What's wrong, Buddy? Tell me," he asked, giving the Canadian a killer smile.

"Ray, I... uh...." Fraser words died in his throat and they both glanced upward.

"Jeez, Fraser! Is it what I think it is?"

"I think it is, yes, Ray," said Fraser, brushing his eyebrow with his thumbnail.

"'Kay. Now I see why you ain't sleeping," said Ray, sliding his free hand in his spiky blond hair. "God, those guys are hot."

"Ray!"

"What? They're having a good time, right?"

"Yes, it would appear they are," said Fraser, before licking his bottom lip nervously.

"Lucky guys," said Ray, squeezing Fraser's shoulder. "Well, I'm gonna do what I woke up for." He stood up and headed towards the bathroom. He used the toilet then opened the tap, throwing some cold water on his face to calm himself down and try to forget his ranging erection.

After a few minutes, he left the bathroom and went back to sit next to Fraser. "So?"

"So... what, Ray?"

"Are they... you know... do they have...." asked Ray babbling.

"Ray! They need their privacy," said the Mountie, shifting uncomfortably in his bedroll.

As if to punctuate Ray's question, they heard Blair cry out, followed by Jim.

"ARRRGHHHHH, JIM... Oh Jim, Jim... Jim...."

"URRRMMMPHHHH... Blair... Urrrgghhh...."

"Oh, Dear," said Fraser thumbing his eyebrow.

"Wow," said Ray, his voice breaking, "Well, I... uh... I think I'm gonna go back and try to sleep. Night, Fraser."

"Good night, Ray." The detective stood up and headed back to Blair's bedroom.

//Oh, God, if only it could be Fraser and me, // thought Ray.

Fraser lay back in his bedroll and closed his eyes. He had to try to forget his rock-hard erection and get some sleep; he would need it to find Constable Turnbull.

***

Jim woke sprawled on top of Blair. Their bodies were glued together with dried semen. He smiled and kissed the younger man's slightly open mouth.

Blair didn't move so Jim kissed him again.

"Mmm," moaned Blair without waking up.

"Wake up, love," said Jim, kissing him once more.

"Mmmmmm ... sleep ... wanna sleep," mumbled Blair.

Jim kissed Blair's cheek, moving down along his jawbone, chin, Adam's apple, then sucking on his Guide's neck.

"Ughhhh," groaned the grad student still asleep.

Jim kissed his way down along his Guide's body, slipping his tongue into the hollow at the juncture of Blair's neck and shoulder.

Blair closed his arms around Jim but still didn't wake up.

The Sentinel nibbled on Blair's collarbone, then traced a wet trail along his lover's torso, nuzzling the soft hair and breathing deeply. He bit gently on the teaching fellow's skin, reaching his pierced nipple. He started to roll the little nub with his tongue, pulling on the little loop with his teeth.

Blair, still asleep, moaned again and started to thrust slowly against Jim.

"Jesus, Chief, do I have to throw you out of the bed to wake you up," mumbled Jim around Blair's nipple.

"Ughhhh," was Blair's answer.

Jim released the heated skin and reached up, kissing Blair's neck. He started to thrust against the anthropologist, sliding their erections along each other.

When he slipped his tongue into his Guide's ear, Blair opened one eye. "Jim?"

"No, it's Rafe," cracked Jim into Blair's ear.

"Whaa...." growled Blair.

"Just kidding, Chief."

"Oh you," said Blair, pulling Jim's face in for a kiss.

He grabbed Jim by the shoulders and pushed him back onto the bed. He lay on Jim and started to thrust, faster and faster, harder and harder. He reached a hand between their bodies and grabbed their cocks. He started to pump, matching his thrust.

Jim was ecstatic and Blair was going feral. They were panting and moaning.

"Jesus, Chief... you're... you're like a Diesel, you know... you're... you're slow to start... but... but once you're going... nothing can stop you," panted Jim, grabbing the younger man's buttocks and pulling him closer.

Blair growled fiercely and plunged onto Jim's neck, devouring him, and biting him hard, still pumping their cocks frantically and thrusting helplessly.

Jim threw his head back, arching his back, digging his fingernails into Blair's ass and jerked roughly, spreading his seed on their joined cocks, on his Guide's hand and between their bodies. "Urgghhhhh, Jesus, Blair...."

Blair bit his Sentinel's shoulder hard and started to shake fiercely, shooting his hot milky juices between their bodies, following Jim into orgasm. "Ohmigod... Jim... Ohmigod...."

Blair felt flat on top of Jim, drained and sighing in pure bliss and pleasure.

"Morning, sunshine," said Jim, kissing Blair's sweaty forehead while brushing the bushy curls away from his lover's face.

"'Nin', 'im," mumbled Blair.

"What?" asked Jim.

"'Ning, Jim," repeated Blair.

Jim smiled and kept brushing Blair's hair.

Finally, the anthropologist lifted his head a little and rested his chin on Jim's chest, staring into his lover's eyes. "Wow, man," he said blissfully.

"Oh, yeah."

Blair glanced at the clock and read 4.00 a.m. "4.00 a.m.? Are you nuts, man?" he asked, looking at Jim puzzled.

"I love you too, Chief," cracked Jim pulling Blair into a deep passionate kiss.

***

They lay like that a few moments, but Jim knew they had to hurry. "Chief?"

"Um?"

"I think we should take a shower before they wake up," said Jim caressing Blair's spine.

"Shower? Sounds great, man." Blair sat up on Jim, resting his hands on the mattress. He leaned forward and kissed the older man, then started to suck on Jim's earlobe.

"Chief! Blair! C'mon," said Jim, pushing the hungry man gently away.

Blair sat up back and closed his arms on his chest, looking at Jim severely. "You know, Jim, it's said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

"Yeah, so?"

"So, I'm having my breakfast over here," said the grad student, plunging his mouth on hid Sentinel's left nipple.

Jim closed his eyes and bit at his bottom lip. "Jesus, Chief. I think you just got your breakfast not so long ago," he said, sliding his fingers through Blair's soft curls.

"Nuh uh, Jim. That's appetizers," mumbled Blair around Jim's nipple.

"C'mon, Chief. You know I wanna stay in bed with you, but we gotta hurry before they wake up."

"Okay, okay, okay," said Blair, standing up reluctantly.

"Good boy."

"Really funny, man," said Blair, taking a pillow and smashing Jim with it.

"You really are a kid, you know, Sandburg," said Jim, pulling Blair back on the bed and laying on top of him.

"Oh, yeah," moaned Blair, sliding his renewed erection against his lover's.

"Jesus, Chief, you can't get enough sex."

"Can't... get... enough... of... you," murmured Blair between kisses into Jim's neck.

Finally, Jim stood up. "C'mon, Sharon Stone. Let's hit the shower or I'll throw you in the washing machine."

The Sentinel put his boxers on while Blair was searching for his own. "Where're my boxers, man?"

"Dunno, Chief. You tried between the sheets?"

Blair disappeared beneath the sheets and searched at the bottom of the bed. "Got 'em!" he said proudly, standing up and putting them on. "Have you seen my T-shirt?"

"No," said Jim grabbing Blair by the arm. "Now, C'mon."

Jim listened to find out if Fraser and Ray where still asleep, then dragged Blair slowly down the stairs and they rushed into the bathroom.

***

The bathroom door closing woke Fraser up. He sat on his bedroll and rubbed his face, then looked at Blair's bedroom... Ray was still asleep. Fraser heard the water of the shower run and stood up. He went into the kitchen and started to prepare breakfast, it was the least he could do to thank Jim and Blair for their hospitality.

He took the eggs and the beacon from the fridge, and started to prepare scramble eggs. He prepared toast and pressed some oranges to make juice.

"Hiya, Fraser," said Ray, coming out of Blair's bedroom and stretching.

"Good morning, Ray."

"What you doing?" asked the detective, joining the Mountie in the kitchen and standing behind him.

"Breakfast, Ray: scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and orange juice."

"Mmmm, smells nice," said Ray, resting his hand in the small of Fraser's back.

Fraser felt his cock harden in his long johns and shifted uncomfortably.

"Any coffee?" asked Ray, pressing his hand a little harder into Fraser's back.

"Oh, Dear," said the Canadian, moving away from Ray. "I forgot to prepare coffee."

"That's no big deal, Frase. I'm gonna get the coffee and set the table while you finish cooking your stuff, 'kay?"

"Yes, Ray," said Fraser, turning back to the kitchen island and bumping into his partner. He reached his hand to pat Ray's forehead. "Are you okay, Ray? I'm sorry. Did I hurt you?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Frase," said Ray, staring up into his friend's blue eyes.

They stayed mesmerized, staring at each other. Then Ray took a step forward and leaned closer, brushing his lips feather-light on Fraser's.

At that moment, the bathroom door opened and Jim and Blair came out. Fraser and Ray jerked away and blushed like two teenagers caught in the act of love.

"Hi. Hello. Good morning," stammered Fraser.

"Morning," mumbled Ray embarrassed, messing his spiky blond hair with his fingers.

Jim and Blair looked at each other questioningly.

"Morning," said Jim.

"Hiya, sleep well, guys?" asked Blair.

"Uh huh," nodded Ray, straightening.

"The breakfast will be ready in a minute," said Fraser.

"I'll get the coffee," said Ray.

"Great, great. Thanks, man. I'm starving," said Blair, opening one of the kitchen cabinets and taking out some plates. Then he came back next to Jim in the living room.

"Thought you just got your breakfast, Chief," whispered Jim smiling.

"Nuh uh, told you, man. That's appetizers," teased Blair.

"And what do you call that stuff in the shower?" asked the ex army-Ranger, whispering sensually into his lover's ear.

Blair shivered and looked at Jim above his shoulder. "Mind blowing sex," he said, Sentinel level.

Jim blushed, slapped Blair's ass, then grabbed the plates from the anthropologist's hands, and headed to the table.

When he reached the table, he burst into laughter. "Chief, I think I found your T-shirt," he said, picking up said T-shirt from the huge green table and waving it in front of him.

 

 

To be continued....


Back to the Sentinel Archive - due SOUTH Archive

Please, send feedback (bad/good), comments, questions... at bad-user-email@squidge.org TYK - Sylvia