Lucky Lucky by silvina Disclaimer: Standard Disclaimer. With any luck they´ll be mine very soon. Please send comments, questions, compliments, and otters to sdelcul@yahoo.com. Author's Notes: I apologize for the list overload, but please bear with me (feel free to send angry emails and fling inanimate objects) until I catch up. Keep in mind that internet is a two hour bus ride away at the moment and I have to boil my water before it's safe to drink. Gotta love rural Ecuador! Story Notes: He didn't normally go to bars, but he was in the mood for some companionship, and it was a Friday night. He was drinking coffee, because otherwise he might not have the energy for this. He'd danced a few times, but nobody had really struck him as *the one,* until he saw her. Tall, with dark hair and pale skin, she was heading in his direction. Trying to look casual, he sipped his coffee. She reached his chair, and he smiled. "Hello there." She smiled. Hello gorgeous, he thought. "Come dance with me." She said. She was a good dancer, and the song was one of his favorites. When it was over, he walked her to the bar. He started to lean in and kiss her, but then she said, "I'd like to introduce you to my bar friend." He was walking down the street the next Friday, having parked all the way at the corner. As he passed a store, the two women standing near the door smiled at him. He said hello, and they chatted for a few minutes about random things. Smart and beautiful both of them, and he wasn't sure which one of them he preferred. Then again, two at a time; what a perfect fantasy. Just as he offered his number, they turned and laughed at him. Then they walked away hand in hand, kissing each other passionately. A week later he thought he'd met the girl of his dreams. She was straight off a magazine cover. She didn't waste any time, saying, "Your place or mine?" His dry streak was over, he thought, as she turned the lights down low. Just when things were starting to go his way, all night long she kept calling someone else's name. Friday night again, and he'd just given up on love for a while, settling on heading over to Fraser's with a pizza. Not a perfect evening, but as close as it got, really. Fraser smiled at him over pizza as he complained about the state of his love life. "It's just my luck, Benny." he took another bite, chewed, and swallowed before continuing. "It happens all the time. They've always got someone else in mind. Does it have to be this way?" Fraser looked thoughtful, and as he put down his slice of pizza Ray was ready for whatever might come out of his mouth. Benny's advice was usually unusual, but many times it gave him a new perspective or a good laugh. "Yes, Ray, I believe it does." That was not what he'd been expecting to hear. "What? Why?" Fraser stood up, wiping invisible dust off his pants. "Because you're looking in the wrong places." He stood up to follow his aggravating, annoying partner into the kitchen. "Tell me then, smart guy. Where the hell should I be looking?" He was in Fraser's face, and pissed off. He'd been looking for a little commiseration, digging for some reassurance that he'd find happiness, and he wasn't getting it. Fraser looked startled to see him that close and swallowed nervously. "Right here, Ray." And then Fraser, was kissing him. Just as he was getting into it, Benny pulled away. "Ray, I'm so sor-" He put a hand over Ben's mouth to shut him up. "Are you thinking of someone else?" Benny shook his head. "Okay then." He removed his hand, replacing it with his mouth to kiss Benny again. Hell yeah, this was just his luck. End Lucky by silvina: sdelcul@yahoo.com Author and story notes above.