Slippery When Wet The Due South Fiction Archive Entry Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Slippery When Wet by silvina Disclaimer: Standard Disclaimer. Disclaimer, disclaimer. My kingdom (I don't have one) for a disclaimer. Please send comments, questions, compliments, and otters to sdelcul@mail.com. Author's Notes: I leave it to Shannon to write the actual story behind this, the challenge part took me way too long. "All you need to do is send the letter to seven people by the end of the day." "Benny, it's not real. It's just one of those annoying things you throw out. Like junk mail. There's nothing obligating you to read it." "Chain letters are- " "Do you know how annoying you are?" "Even annoying people get mail, Ray. All they're asking for is five dollars. They promise that you'll -" "Forget it, Benny. I'm not going to do it." "Goats can be very sweet animals, Ray. All they need is the right food and care." "How the hell would you know?" "It says that the last time it was broken, a lady in Zaire was assaulted." "Jumped, Benny. Sounds like she went to the wrong part of town without protection. Maybe Kissasha. . . " "Kissing? Oh, you mean the capital city, Kinshasa." "Look, Fraser, I'm not giving you money to answer a chain letter. Can we get back to that kissing you were talking about?" "Mmm." "No kidding." "On the contrary, Turnbull said that he received the same letter in 1989. He chose not to answer it." "Please Ray? I don't think it's asking too much to give it a try." "Quantum physics would be more fun. You think anyone I know is going to be happy with me if I send them a chain letter? I didn't think you were superstitious." "Ray, I'm not superstitious. Superstition is an unreasoning awe or fear of something unknown, mysterious, or imaginary, especially in connection with religion. Or a religious belief or practice founded upon fear or ignorance. I assure you that the term is not applicable to this situation." "So you think flashing those baby blues at me and quoting from dictionaries will change my mind?" "That's just silly, Ray. I'm not trying to-" "Unfortunately for you there's one pair of eyes that's even more powerful. Can you imagine how much hell I would have raining down on my head from Elaine? No way, Fraser." "Volunteering your help earlier might have prevented this, Ray." "Well? How bad is it, Doc? I'm ignoring you by the way." "X-ray checks out fine. It's just a minor sprain. Keep your ankle elevated for a while and take it easy for a week or two." "You'll be out of here in no time, Ray." "Zaire, you said?"   End Slippery When Wet by silvina Author and story notes above. Please post a comment on this story.