The Shape Of His Heart The Due South Fiction Archive Entry Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   The Shape Of His Heart by Akamine chan Author's Notes: Written for Wintercreeks Online Fannish Bachelorette Party Comment-a-thon. Story Notes: Prompt: shape of my heart Sometimes, in the brief pauses of his life, Fraser ponders the shape of his heart. Watching Ray Kowalski tend to the dogs, patting their heads and wrestling with them in the snow, he thinks, a circle. Sharp edges worn smooth with time, curved, comfortable and well-known. Just an endless journey, around and around the entwined paths of their lives. In Chicago with his second Ray, he'd thought, my heart is a square, boxed up and closed off, unreaching and unreachable. Four straight, high walls to keep everything that he was caged like a wild animal. He was a danger to himself and to his honor. It was best to lock everything away, to keep him from harming anyone again. Before Ray Vecchio left for Vegas, Fraser had thought, triangle. My heart is a triangle.. Partly straight, like his duty, partly pointed and sharp, prone to scratching deeply and leaving behind painful scars. He could trace those marks he'd left on the souls of those he'd claimed to lovehis grandparents, his father, Victoria, Ray Vecchio and the entire Vecchio clan. Over time, he's learned to forgive his heart for being a triangle, a square. He finds that a circle suits him just fine. -fin-   End The Shape Of His Heart by Akamine chan Author and story notes above. Please post a comment on this story.