Caroline in the city The Due South Fiction Archive Entry Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Caroline in the city by vicki tub Disclaimer: i don't own them just looking after them Author's Notes: For everyone i know xox Story Notes: No spoilers Caroline in the city Chapter 1 On the way to the airport after been called home and after Fraser had pulled over to get control over his emotions at find out triplets were on the way for his friends and they wanted to him to as much as a dad to them as he is to Caroline. Even though he told them he didn't donate for them to have children so he could have children as well. But the love they felt for him meant they wanted him involved in his children's life no matter what weather he was the donor or not. Glancing over at Ray Fraser could see that Ray was his usual self when travelling twitchy and fidgety asking, "Ray is everything alright"? Ray looked at Fraser with a sad smile voice horse, "Ya Frase I'm fine just going to miss this place you know going to miss, Caroline as well she was great you must be so proud how do you stand leaving"? Reaching across taking Ray's hand in his, "Thank you Ray I am very proud and we'll see her soon after all she is coming to stay with us for a few months. As for how I manage leaving each time I come up. I do have to remember that Lisa and David are her parents Ray who love her so much that is what is important to me" Squeezing Fraser's hand, "I can't wait for that Ben do you think Caroline will understand our relationship will David abs Lisa be ok with her staying with us"? Ben blushed slightly, "Ray I suspect that Lisa and Davis already know some comments made to me would suggest that. As for Caroline I think that is why she was asking you all those questions Ray"? Ray loved Ben's blushes and was slightly stunned that they may have guessed. They had been very careful not to show it for fear it would ruin things for Caroline and the relationship that they had. Bringing the hand that held his kissing it Ray spoke softly, "Daughter like father huh, do you plan on letting them know for sure before Caroline comes down"? Thinking just for a moment before speaking, "Yes Ray I think I will I'll leave it up to them if they want to tell Caroline or not. I know its silly we've only just left but I do miss her already" With one last kiss to Fraser's hand Ray left him put both hands back on the wheel, "She's your daughter Ben no matter what the circumstances of the way the family is so that is not silly at all" Parking up the jeep and going into the airport to hand back the keys for safe keeping just like always. Going over to the desk greeting the lady behind by name, "Hello Margery I'm here to hand back we have to return to Chicago unexpectedly" Looking concerned Margery asked, "Noting serious I hope Constable Fraser"? Shaking his head, "We're not sure yet we were just told to come back" Taking the keys she nodded then sighed. Noticing something was wrong Fraser asked, "Is there something the matter Margery"? Smiling sadly, "Not really well Ciaran is due to take his driving test for his full licence next week. It's a new programme in his school and the top two students who pass get a car well a second hand car. The thing is my car is well it needs to be fixed so its not road worthy which means he can't do it" Fraser glanced at Ray and Ray knew why and smiled turning back to Margery, "Ciaran can use the jeep for practice before hand and for his test of course if it would help. I won't be back up for a few months so you can use until your car is up and running" Margery's face lit up and tears of joy sprung to her eyes, "Oh thank you Constable Fraser thank you. You've no idea how much this means to us thank you we will take good care of it I promise" Ray bumped Fraser's shoulder before speaking, "Ma'm why don't I give you our number so you can let us know how Ciaran gets on in his test"? Smiling she took the number, "Of course I'd be happy to I hope that you have a safe journey home" Sitting on the plane in first class how that happened Ray didn't know no on second thought looking at how all the flight attendants fussed over Ben the men and women he knew the answer to his question. The flight was bumpy and Ray had a death grip of the arm rests and his eyes shut tight. Ray was surprised when he felt Ben's big hand take his and placed a small kiss on the back of it. No words were needed so putting his head on Ben's shoulder he let himself fall asleep in safety and comfort that he felt when he was near Ben. Meanwhile the flight attendants exchanged money on the bet they had placed on them being a couple. Ray and Ben went into the bullpen of the 27th police station after been told by Welsh to get a good nights rest. Welsh looked up as they came in, "Welcome back sorry for cutting your trip short. As you can imagine I must have a very good reason for this. Fraser you'll be heading this one as a Canadian citizen is involved" Frowning Fraser picked up and the file that was handed to him to see that it was the daughter of the prime minister of Canada that was kidnapped. Looking up from the file Fraser asked, "Sir has there been any contact from the kidnappers"? Welsh sat down heavy, "Not really they said that they would only talk to you and no one else"? Sitting down next to Ray, "When is the next call due in"? Leaning forward hands clasped together, "They said around six which is any time now" When the call came in it all kicked off a ransom demand for an outrageous amount of money. Led to tracing the call cars chases jumping off building and avoiding the media who were hounding them. But all in all it was successful and despite a graze to Fraser's shoulder from a stray bullet from a stray bullet. The little girl more importantly was returned safe and sound to her family. The kidnapers were arrested and put away for a very long time. Finally after the hospital for treatment on the graze interviews and debriefing they were sitting alone together at home. Ray leaned in and kissed Ben happing that he wasn't seriously hurt. Voice husky from the day Ray asked, "Why did you turn down the commendation Ben"? Ben relaxed into Ray loving arms, "I was just doing my job Ray like anybody would have. I didn't do anything special Ray" Looking into Ben's eyes, "Noting special are you nuts you jumped off building rode on top of speeding cars and you were shot I think that was pretty dam special Ben"? Their conversation was interrupted by someone knocking on the door. Ray went to answer it and was shocked to see that it was the Canadian Prime Minister standing there with his daughter. Ray stuttered, "H-hi C-come in please won't you"? Fraser stood as soon as he saw who it was standing tall, "Mr Prime Minister, Miss, good to see you is there something wrong do you need some help with something"? Smiling at Fraser babble, "Actually yes Constable I want you to take the commendation you disservice it and I want my daughter to give it to you she thinks you're a hero now" Before Fraser could speak the little girl ran over to him with smiling a huge smile as she did. Bending down to her she put it around his neck and gave him a little kiss on the cheek, "Thank you for saving me Mister Fraser" Smiling at her, "your very welcome and thank you for my medal" After they left Ray turned and hugged Ben, "I'm so, so proud of you Ben lets go to bed and tomorrow we can start getting ready for Caroline alright"? Leaning in and kissing Ray deeply breathing the sent of his lover, "yes Rat I can't wait I love you Ray so, so very much" Stroking Ben's cheek softly, voice full of love "Love ya to Ben always"   End Caroline in the city by vicki tub Author and story notes above. Please post a comment on this story.