Caroline in the city chapter 3 The Due South Fiction Archive Entry Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Caroline in the city chapter 3 by vicki tub Disclaimer: don't own them isn't it sad Author's Notes: for everyone that i know xox Story Notes: Nope none at all # ## #Chapter 3 It was only a few days before Caroline was to arrive and both Fraser and Ray had worked extra shifts so they both enjoy Caroline's visit at least for a while at any rate. Soon the demands of their job would start to press on them and what would they do then? In the meantime Ray was getting on Francesca's nerves as he had been trying to ask her a question for the past two days. When Francesca had enough she went over to Ray's desk, "Alright Ray I've had it up to my hair! What is it you want to ask me?" Ray looked up at her, "its eyes Frannie, up to your eyes not hair" With her hands on her waist she rolled her eyes to the ceiling, "Hair, eyes, teeth who cares, just please tell what you want?" Ray grinned, "What makes you think I want to ask you something Frannie?" She gave him a `don't mess me with' look that only a sister would give. "Ray, I think I know because you started and stopped so many times. So just tell me because you're starting to scare me!" she snarled. "Alright Frannie, I'm sorry didn't mean to scare you" he nodded. Francesca's face softened, "It's alright, but what is it?" Looking around and thinking it was better to do this in private, Ray took Francesca to a side room to speak to her. "Noting is wrong is it? It's not Fraser is it or your parents? Did you two break up or something?" she asked anxiously starting to ring her hands in worry. Ray smiled, "No Frannie. Ben and I, we're good, better then ever in fact and my parents are fine. What I or what WE want to ask you is important Frannie. Ben asked me to ask you but you have to keep it to yourself for now. He wants to tell your mum and Ray himself" Instead of being reassured she was getting even more worried by the second, "Bro just spit it out; you're really starting to scare me" He sat down next to the woman and took one of her cold hands in his. "Frannie, Ben's ..... Ben's daughter Caroline is coming to stay with us for a few months and we were hoping you could help on the days we have to work' Francesca went pale, "Daughter? Fraser has a daughter?!!! How, why didn't he tell any of us or ever mention her?" He squeezed her hand, "It's a long story Frannie" "With Fraser it always is. Are you going to tell me or you going to make me fry it out of you?" she lovingly threatened. Her funny mistakes made him smile broadly, `Grill Frannie, it's grill it out of me but yeah I'll tell ya" Ray told Francesca the full story of Caroline, David and Lisa and how Ben helped them and how Lisa was due again with his triplets and of course how wonderful Caroline was. "Wow Frase really did that' she said in awe wiping a tear away, `he really is a good friend. I think they broke the mould with him" Ray's eyes sparkled with pride, "I think Ben got his own special mould because there really is no one else like him in the whole world' Suddenly Frannie frowned as she thought of something. "How do you feel about it, after all you're with Frase now? I know you wanted kids" The detective shrugged his shoulders, "I am certainly very proud of Ben. How can I not be? It makes me love him even more for doing that for his friends. As for having kids of my own, I don't mind as I get to be the cool uncle, so it's all good" She punched his arm pleased with his selfless reply, "Ya you do and you're great with my Daniel. You can tell Frase; of course we'll help with Caroline! Ma will be thrilled, let her know in advance so she can cook up a storm. Can I ask why Frase didn't ask me himself?" "Thanks sis. I think that Ben is still afraid of you" "Men!" she exclaimed in amused frustration, `Look Ray, go tell Frase to come over tonight for dinner and tell him if he has any pictures of Caroline bring them, alright?" "Thanks sis, you're the best" he added before giving her a soft kiss on the cheek. An hour later, as Ray stepped into the consulate he greeted the grinning Mountie at the reception desk "Hey Turnbull, is Ben ready yet?" "Detective Ray welcome to Canada" the man solemnly intoned rising to his feet, "Constable Fraser will be with you momentarily, he is just signing off reports with Inspector Thatcher" Ray hopped up on the desk, swinging his feet as he waited, "It's just Ray, Turnbull. Ben and I are going to the Vecchio's for dinner. It should be interesting" "And how are Mrs. and Miss Vecchio" He grinned at Turnbull knowing that their tall friend harboured a secret love for the young Italian woman, "They are both fine. You should join us next time we have them over to the house for dinner" "Really Ray that would be most delightful but I wouldn't want to intrude?" he said hesitantly but hopefully. "You wouldn't be. We'd love to have you over; we are friends after all aren't we?" The man's blush was so deep; you couldn't be sure where the Mountie suit ended and his face began. "Why, thank you Ray. I think of you as a friend too I would be honoured to join you for dinner sometime" Just then Ben came out of his office finished for the day and said his goodbyes. "So you ready for this?" Ray asked starting the car. The young Mountie fidgeted with his Stetson a bit before reaching over for his partner's hand, "Not really Ray but with you at my side I'll be fine" "It will be fine, won't it Dief?" he replied glancing at the wolf who was making himself comfortable in the backseat. Dief barked positively and licked both their cheeks completely agreeing with Ray's assessment. As usual, dinner at the Vecchio's was full of the noisy chatter which ended up with no one hearing what anyone was else saying. All of which seemed counterproductive but really made the evening fun and cosy. As Ma Vecchio tenderly put out her tea service, she glanced at the nervous Canadian. She decided to put him out of his misery. "So what is it Francesca said you wanted to tell me Caro?" Ben ducked his head and sipped his tea as he told her all about Caroline. Ma Vecchio was so surprised she clapped her hands together loudly in excitement. "How wonderful Caro of course we will help' she exclaimed hugging her wonderful adopted son to her chest, `do you have a picture?" Ben pulled the pictures not just of Caroline and her family but the sonogram as well. As the pictures were passed from hand to hand, the entire family became even more excited. The wonderful little girl in the pictures had Fraser's beautiful eyes. They couldn't wait to meet her in person!   End Caroline in the city chapter 3 by vicki tub Author and story notes above. Please post a comment on this story.