Caroline in the city chapter 4 The Due South Fiction Archive Entry Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Caroline in the city chapter 4 by vicki tub Disclaimer: i don't own as much as i'd love to Author's Notes: For everyone Story Notes: None # ## #Chapter 4 "Ray, what are you doing?' Fraser was leaning in the doorway of the kitchen watching Ray crawling on all fours with some amusement. "I'm baby proofing the kitchen Ben" he replied waving expansively at his work. Glancing around the kitchen Ben could indeed see that Ray was in fact baby proofing the kitchen. The drawers, presses, oven, microwave, dryer, dishwasher and even the fridge had been adjusted for the safety of a new born. Ben shook his head, laughing lightly as he massaged an eyebrow, "Ray can I ask WHY you are baby proofing the kitchen?" Ray began to feel his face heat up as admittedly he seemed to have gone overboard a bit. "Well....err...for Caroline you know so she won't hurt herself. I got some stuff for the other rooms as well. You know like plugs for the sockets and a baby gate for the stairs so she won't fall down" Ben couldn't resist hugging Ray and placing a sloppy kiss on his forehead, "Ray, Caroline is three years old not a baby" "Ben, kids will be kids and you never know what can happen" he said seriously as his partner continued to grin at him. "You and I have seen what a three year old can do and don't get me started on what I was like at three. Let's just say my mum took back out the playpen and put me in with the top on just to get a break from what I got up to" he added beginning to wave his thin arms in agitation over his head. Fraser caught his arms and held them gently in his hands. "Good god Ray, your poor mother!" he exclaimed in concern "and you are right, we have seen what they can do. Ray thank you for doing this" "My pleasure Ben" he whispered brushing a soft kiss over his lips Ben had leaned into the kiss and now Ray was returning the kiss with interest, pouring every bit of love he felt for him into it. Breathless he pulled back and locking eyes with his partner he asked, "So Ben you gonna take me up stairs and thank me properly? We should do that before we have a guest who may have wondering feet" "Right you are Ray" he added with a roughish wink. Too late he realized what that strange light in Ben's eye meant as he found himself flung over Ben's shoulder in a fireman's carry. Ray loved it when Ben let himself go like that and together they giggled like teenagers all the way to the bedroom. Caroline woke full of excitement as she was leaving the next day to go to her Ben and Ray in Chicago. She couldn't wait! Jumping out of bed and running once again into her parent's bedroom she jumped on the bed. Giggling Caroline crawled over her mum and dad, "Wake up, wake up we have to pack!!!" David opened one eye looking at Caroline's smiling face, "Morning sweetheart did you sleep well?" "Yes daddy I slept good did you sleep good?" the excited little girl replied. Hugging his daughter tightly to his chest he replied, "Ya I slept good sweetheart. You excited about your trip tomorrow?" "Yes daddy, mommy?!' she yelped shouting even more loudly now, `Mommy wake up we have to PACK!!!" Lisa woke smiling hearing her little girl's excited voice, "Morning Caroline honey" Caroline leaned over and hugged her mum, kissing her repeatedly on the cheek. Before they knew it Caroline had her clothes out and waiting to be put into her cases. Lisa and David made sure that she had all types of clothes for all types of weather that Caroline might face not forgetting her cuddly toys of course. The rest of Caroline's day was made up of talking to the animals making sure that they knew she was coming back. Caroline felt relieved that her daddy had arranged everything with Santa so that he would bring her pets something nice for Christmas. After an exhausting day Lisa and David put Caroline to bed as she was to fly out the next morning for her adventure. That night Ben and Ray lay awake in each others arm just as excited. Not being able to fight sleep any longer they fell asleep in the warmth and safety of each other, looking forward to what was to come.   End Caroline in the city chapter 4 by vicki tub Author and story notes above. Please post a comment on this story.