The Heat of the Moment This in an answer to both the "sharing body heat cliche" and the "out of context quote" challenges on Bindlestitch. Two, two, two challenges in one! Feedback welcome at JenAsayKwa@aol.com Disclaimer: You know, it's kind of like borrowing a friend's dolls. You get to play with them for a while, but then you have to give them back. The Heat of the Moment by JenAsayKwa "Fraser, why do I always let you talk me into these things." "Ray, I'm afraid I don't see why you're blaming me." "Hey, I'm not the one who wanted to go to Canada for the weekend just because he was homesick." "Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I do seem to remember someone mentioning that he was out of Smarties." "Yeah, well if your memory's so damn good, why didn't you remember to tell me to fill up the gas tank before we left?" "Ray, blaming me is not going to improve our situation." "Well, why don't you tell me, Mr. Prince of the North, just what is our 'situation' is now anyway?" "If you insist. We are stranded in your 1967 GTO, complete with empty gas tank, 60 kilometers from the nearest town. The temperature outside the car is approximately 20 degrees below zero, that's Centigrade Ray, 40 degrees below zero with the wind chill. Although 40 degrees below zero is the same in both Fahrenheit and Centigrade..." "Fraser!" "Yes, Ray?" "I don't care how cold it is outside, with or without wind chill. What I do care about is how cold it's getting in here, which is damn cold!" "Well, the most efficient means of preserving our body heat would be for us to sit as close together as possible. It would also be most beneficial if we were to remove our clothing and bundle it around us." "You sound pretty sure about that. You read that in a book?" "No, I came by that knowledge through experience. I have been in similar situations before." "Oh, so your saying you have...experience...in this sharing body heat thing." "I believe I just said that." "Well let's get to it then." **Several minutes later** "Ray, you really should remove all you clothing for this to be effective." "Everything, huh?" "Yes, Ray." "Okay, all set. Now what?" "Hmmm." "What was that?" "Hmm? Oh, nothing. Ah, now we sit as closely together as possible, then we pile the clothing around our, um, bodies" "Hey Frase, this is kinda nice. Yeah, I am much warmer now." "Yes, it is quite warm in here." "Heh, that's cute Frase. You know you can't tug on your collar when you aren't wearing one." "Yes, of course. It's just that you seem to be quite close." "What's wrong. You feeling uncomfortable?" "I think perhaps I'm feeling a bit too comfortable." "Oh yeah, I can feel that too." "Ray!" "What, you want me to stop?" "No...no, please don't stop." "You're breathing kinda hard." "I think...that's to...to be expected." "You're the one who said you had experience in this area." "That I, uh, did, Ray. That uh I..." "Now you're having trouble talking. Never thought I'd see that. Maybe I should do this. Does that help?" Yes, yes, yes, Ahhhhhh!" "Wow. You got kinda loud there. And messy. Don't worry, I'll just use these to clean up. I never like wearing those anyway." "Oh Ray, that was...that was, oh Ray." "You liked that, huh Frase?" "Yes, very much. Although, unless I'm mistaken, you haven't, uh, yet." "Your right, I haven't. But I think I can wait til we get to the hotel." "Hotel? Ray, have you forgotten? We've run out of gas." "Uh, well I have a little secret to tell you." "Yes, Ray?" "I got a five-gallon tank of gas in the trunk" "Then I suggest you fuel up this vehicle and head us toward the nearest hotel as quickly as possible." "Look, could I put some clothes on for this?"