Wolfiekins Hi all--This little vignette came out of some conversation with my friend Alan who also likes the show. It was he who actually provided me with a good bit of the dialogue. Hope it makes you smile! Wolfiekins Humor, rated G The young University student ran her hands through Diefenbaker's soft fur and scratched behind his ears. Obviously an animal lover, she'd spotted Ben walking him and asked if she could pet him. "Good boy. Good boy," she soothed, chucking him under his chin. Dief sat calmly, eyes half-closed, the picture of lupine contentment. Ben stood aside, watching and smiling, half-pleased that for once a girl was paying more attention to the wolf than to him. "What did you say his name was, sir?" the girl asked. "Diefenbaker," the Mountie replied. "After the Prime Minister, huh?" she continued, and when Ben nodded, turned her attention back to the very happy wolf. "Well, Diefers," she cooed, "you're a cute little wolfiekins!" Ben raised his eyebrows. "Ma'am," he replied, politely as always, but firmly, "he is *not* a 'cute little wolfiekins'. He is an Arctic timber wolf, a dangerous wild animal. He can take down a caribou in one leap. He could no doubt disable or even kill a grown man, and would, if anyone were threatening me. He can outrun any prey and outfight most other wolves of his kind. So you see, ma'am, he is not *cute*. Snarl at the nice lady, Dief. Show her you're not a cute little wolfiekins." Dief looked calmly back at his master, and then stood up on his hind legs and begged prettily, his tongue hanging out, the epitome of adorableness. "...and you just keep paying and paying and paying..."