The Dragon and St The Dragon and St. Bernard By Postcard postcard@currantbun.com Rating: - PG. Romance. This poem is about Meg and Ben. Meg is the dragon and Ben is the St. Bernard. This poem is copyright 17 September 1999 by Postcard. Do not reproduce for anything other than personal reading without the written consent of poet. The Dragon and St. Bernard I don't want my love to be shrouded in the mist of time like the mythical fire-breathing monster. Beneath my cold, hard reptile exterior lies a warm, soft heart.   Don't hunt me down, for I shall only conceal my emotions. Don't slay me when I approach you, like St. George with his lance. Don't hide your feelings behind a shield, be brave towards me. I don't want to breathe fire on you.   You're a loyal dog dutifully obeying each and every command. You trudge through wind and snow O'er mountain, glen and glacier, with no thought for yourself. You patter gallantly on when people send you out in the cold in search of those held dear.   I'll keep you warm with my fire I don't want to be alone in my cave. The world may think we cannot possibly be together. Our structures to them are not compatible. We can show the world that we can. Working together it can be. When you save people I'll heat them and thaw the cold.