See Ya / Gently South Hi everyone! If I missed something about this, I'm sorry, since I've been gone for the past week. I just wanted to share two poems I wrote because I'm sort of depressed right now. The first one is when DS was cancelled after the first season, so it may be a little outdated. The second is from this May, a year after the first almost to the day, & that's also a bit outdated. I don't know if I need a disclaimer for these, but if I do: All _Due South_ characters belong to Alliance. Please don't sue me, I just want to give them a hug goodbye. So w/out further ado:   See Ya Farewell to you, Fraser, And to you, Ray and Dief. It's going to take long To get over my grief.  The people at CBS Don't know what they've done. But they've cancelled you And they've ruined all the fun. It's ingenious, I said, A Mountie and cop. But I never dreamed  That the good times could stop. I measured my week By the day I saw you. I liked to see you catch the bad guys Like no one else could do. I'll miss your deep sayings, But I have no more to tell. Good luck and godspeed, guys, And fare thee all well.                         May 26, 1995 Gently South The wind is blowing gently south As I stare into infinity. It gets too depressing, so I go in  And turn on the TV. I put my absolute favorite tape Into the tape machine. I've watched Ray and Ben so much that it hasn't Yet hit that they'll never again be seen. Of course there's still hope,  Everyone says on the 'Net. If not ABC, then we'll try  For a mid-season replacement. I tried to figure out just how I got So attracted to a show. After a time of contemplation, I admitted I just don't know. It started out harmlessly enough-- Just an ad in _TV Guide_. Who would've guessed that after one hour This show and I would be tied? Then I felt myself getting sucked in To a place where escape was impossible. And from this spinning vortex called _Due South_ Escape was also undesirable. For you see, this show has a magic effect, Like drinking too much potion. You're in too deep before you know it, And how you got there, you haven't a notion. Holding my breath 'til every show, And watching it again and again, Then picking it apart and building it back up, Figuring out who, and what, and when. And then, I realized, it's all gone, A victim of network decisions. We called, we wrote, we faxed and e-mailed,  But the darn twinkies wouldn't listen. My favorite show, which fought so hard To keep its short life going, Is now lost to the sands of time With so few people ever knowing. The wind is blowing gently south As I turn off the TV. It got too depressing, so I go out And stare into infinity.                         May 23, 1996 That's it. Comments welcome, sorry they're not very happy poems but I was sad when I wrote them and I'm still depressed now. (Personally, I like the first one better--I think I tried too hard on the 2nd one) And just for clarification, the word "twinkie" is not a bad word, I just use it to refer to people I'm not too fond of at the present moment (but that's a whole other story). Calvin & Hobbes used it a few times with Moe (anyone here like that strip?). Thanks for listening and for understanding. Sorry these took up so much room. Southly, Katie Z.