Why Can't She be Mine? This is another Kowalski/Francesca song, this time set to the tune of Srah Mclachlan's "Angel," which is an absolutely beautiful song. This is written from Kowalski's point of view, as he dreams of what it would be like to have a life with Frannie. Disclaimer: None of the characters in this song belong to me; they belong to Alliance Communications Corp. I know that. The song also does not belong to me; it belongs to Sarah Mclachlan, so please don't take it personally. if you want to hear the actual song, I found it on the "City of Angels" soundtrack. "Why Can't She be Mine?" by: Compass Spent all my time waiting For that second chance; For Stella to say I'm okay. But now I see I'm wrong, She's not the one for me, And I see the right girl everyday! I've been so distracted, Oh, that I just could not see This vision who moves through my life. She's at her desk now, But someday soon, this I vow, I'll make that woman my wife. In the arms of the angel, Far away from here; From this cruel undercover Oh, that makes our love disappear. In the arms of Francesca, I will linger in her eyes. There in the arms of my angel I will lose this painful disguise. So tired of this game now. I want my own life back, To lose all these fears in my heart. My life keeps on twisting, I keep on building the lie That keeps me and Frannie apart. It don't make no difference Who or what I am, I'll love her forever, I swear. I see that she knows me, Knows what I'm thinking....Maybe Her dreams are just as clear. In the arms of the angel, Far away from here; From this cruel undercover Oh, that makes our love disappear. In our arms we entangle, And she whispers so low, "I'm in the arms of my angel; Please don't ever leave, don't ever go." I'm in the arms of my angel; Please don't ever leave, don't ever go.