Squidge Image Hosting

Image hosting from Squidge.org is here for fandom.  If you’re using it for fandom, then you’re in the right place and have nothing to worry about.  Even if you’ve got a fandom account and you choose to post pictures of concert tickets, or that really cool vase that you found in an antique store when you were on a road trip.  It’s all good – we’re here for you, and this is acceptable use.

What’s not acceptable use is:

  • Anything commercial related.  We’ve recently had people who are trying to sell services like remote technical support and even real estate put images on the site for whatever reason.  No.  Just no.  Fandom has zero to do with capitalism, and there are other sites that you can use for capitalistic ventures.
  • Anything related to snuff/torture of a real human being.  We shouldn’t have to explain this, but three times in the last month we have banned accounts for things so graphic that we’re considering submitting it to authorities and letting them handle it.

If you’re posting fandom stuff, then that’s fine – you have nothing to worry about.  Even if you choose to post an image of your favorite character in an AU situation where they’re a real estate agent standing in front of a real estate sign? That’s fine, because that’s fandom.  But we are 100% against the use of Squidge resources in a for-profit type commercial situation.  The only exception to this rule would be artists who put together “Commissions Open” type images because that’s community driven, not commercial.

Questions?  Ask them here or click here to submit a helpdesk ticket. And if you see abuse that we don’t catch, please let us know.

Leave a Reply

Discover more from Squidge.org WebBlog

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading