Contains mature sexual situations.

Party Rules II: Never Cheat On Your Superior

by MaryReilly

Disclaimer: Children, what are you doing in here? Get out of here! It features entertaining graphic sexual descriptions of two men in love doing terribly erotic things to each other. It’s not my fault they like each other. If you don’t like that sort of stuff, or know you are too young for it, I know www.id.com has some fabulous downloads of games where you can blow people up with really big guns or with nasty spells, or kill your friends with glee - but no illicit sexual activity. Oh, and I don’t own any of these characters. I’m just borrowing them for a little storytelling. They are all owned by Chris Carter, Fox, ten thirteen productions, and the rest of the people with the money. I don’t have any. I do, however, have an overactive sexual imagination and a good grasp of how to drive a plot home. Oh, dear, that didn’t come out quite right . . . oh, well. The lyrics are respectfully taken from the song “Talk to Me,” by Peter Gabriel on the album “Us.”

Send comments to author at address above. I welcome constructive criticism. “And I’m not just the president of Wakko’s World of Baldness, I’m also...annoying.” Animaniacs.


In the swirling, curling, storm of desire
unuttered words hold fast
With reptile tongue, the lightning lashes
towers built to last
Darkness creeps in like a thief and offers
no relief
Why are you shaking like a leaf?
Come on, come talk to me

The shopping mall was packed. Only twenty-something shopping days left until Christmas! Fox Mulder was searching for the perfect gift for his lover. Of course, his lover didn’t know that. Alex Krycek was buying a new shirt, to replace the one that Mulder had ripped from his body during a particularly intense session of sex earlier that morning.

“Hurry up, Alex. I hate malls.” Which was true enough in itself. What he didn’t say was that he loved being anywhere with Alex, he loved watching people surreptitiously glance at his lover, checking him out, only to see Alex focus all his attention on the man beside him, clearly oblivious to the world. This was another of those moments that Mulder memorized, catalogued, and saved to get him through his darker days. For instance, Alex’s glowing green eyes, his lips parted slightly as he paused midsentence, basking in the warmth of Mulder’s attention. Mulder was fairly certain that if Alex didn’t take off his own clothes, he was going to need to make another trip to the mall for new clothes after this trip.

Alex knew Mulder wasn’t lying; Fox William Mulder would never purchase his clothes from anywhere so pedestrian as a mall. But he was enjoying watching Alex try on various articles of clothing. Enjoying it immensely, in fact. Alex picked up a tie. “What do you think?”

Mulder shuddered. “Alex, you are here to buy a shirt. One shirt. Not a tie, and certainly not that thing.”

Alex laughed, drawing the attention of more than one nearby shopper. It certainly wasn’t the tie that was making them look. “I don’t know, I kind of like it.” He held it against a nearby suit and looked at it critically.

Mulder leaned in close, savoring the soft clean smell of his lover as he whispered softly into his ear. “If you buy that thing, I will tie you to the bed with it. In fact,” Mulder smiled wickedly, “why don’t you just go ahead and buy four? Try to get them all to match.”

Alex was in serious danger of coming right there. Mulder had a habit of acting on his fantasies, and he was suddenly overtaken with a vision of himself restrained on the new four-poster bed that Mulder had just bought him by four admittedly ugly cheap silk ties, completely at the mercy of the man he loved. Mulder’s soft laugh brought him back to reality, and a few deep breaths brought him back from the edge. He looked down, and realized that he was now actually holding four ties.

“Go ahead, buy them,” Mulder urged. This was a good start, he thought, but he felt that he still needed more, something to really surprise his lover. Alex was blushing when he finally made it to the cashier, with one shirt and four ties. Mulder looked him over, spending more time than usual gazing mindlessly at his adorable ears, when he remembered his earlier worry about Alex’s clothes and his own passions. “Hold on, you need another shirt.” He turned away to grab another one from the pile that they had finally mutually agreed on.

“Sir? Are you all right?” The voice came from the cashier and she didn’t sound quite right.

Mulder turned back, his needs forgotten, to stare in horror. Alex was staring blankly at a point just beyond the pretty young cashier’s head; then he began gasping, as if he couldn’t breathe. His body convulsed sharply, and Mulder sprang forward to hold him. “Alex? Alex?” His beautiful warm eyes were cold and blank, and Mulder felt a terrible fear overcome him. “Call 911,” he snapped at the woman. She nodded, in complete understanding.

You lie there with your eyes half closed like
there’s no-one there at all
There’s a tension pulling on your face
Come on, come talk to me

Mulder gently lowered the smaller man to the floor, still holding him, still speaking softly. “Alex, you have to stay with me. Alex? Please, talk to me.” There was no reply.

Another convulsion snapped Alex’s body taut, almost throwing Mulder off. Then his body sank down again, trembling, still gasping for air and still staring blankly. Mulder tried to remember his first aid training, anything to help, but he had never learned what to do in a situation like this.

The cashier came back. “I called them, they’ll be here in a few minutes.” She knelt down, offering a piece of wood to Mulder. “Here, he needs something to bite down on, so he won’t swallow his tongue.”

Mulder stared at her gratefully. She looked kind of fuzzy, and he realized that he was crying.

“Do you want me to do it?”

“Please.” He barely managed to get out the word.

She was quick and competent, and Mulder made a mental note to thank her after everything was over and Alex was okay again. He closed his eyes, shutting out all other possibilities. Another convulsion rocked Alex’s body, but Mulder held on tight this time.

The paramedics finally arrived. Mulder’s state of shock did not escape them, but after convincing him to let go, they held off all questions until they got to the hospital.

Mulder was glad that they’d driven up to Delaware to go shopping, and left the job behind. He planned to just whip out his personal credit card to pay for the medical bills, rather than deal with having to explain interpersonal relationships on expense reports to Skinner. He realized that he was going to start having very irrational thoughts, instead of just mildly weird ones, if he didn’t calm down soon. He took a few deep breaths, trying not to compare them to the gasping sounds that had been coming from Alex in the mall.

After some vague words from an Emergency Room doctor that were much more reassuring than they should have been, Mulder calmed down enough to start creatively filling out some forms. It turned out to be somewhat relaxing, since it kept him from thinking about the blank green eyes currently lying in an expressionless face about fifteen feet away. He claimed all responsibility for Alex’s present medical expenses, but he couldn’t fill in anything about his past medical history. It was one of the downsides to being in love with your partner and working for the government.

About twenty minutes went by before the doctor came back to talk to Mulder. “Well, Mr. Mulder, it looks as though your- uh, partner suffered a mild epileptic seizure. Apparently he’s had them before, but his doctors thought the problem was under control and took him off his medication. He responded pretty well to a fairly common anti-seizure medication and some muscle relaxants, and he’s fine now.” Tension visibly drained from Mulder, and the doctor smiled gently. “But,” she cautioned gently, “if I were you, I’d get him home and make an appointment for him with his real doctor. He needs to go back into professional care.”

Mulder nodded. He still wasn’t sure if he could talk.

The doctor looked over the shaken man. Handsome, mature, devoted hazel eyes, not poor. For a moment she envied the young man still lying in her ER. She glanced over the forms he’d been filling out. All that empty space told a damn interesting story. One of them had something to hide; she’d guessed that already. She looked around. There weren’t that many people in the ward at this hour, no real emergencies yet today. The holiday horrors hadn’t really started.

“You know,” she said softly, “if you wanted, you could take him home now. And if you paid in cash...” She held out the forms.

Mulder just stared. He couldn’t be this lucky. He swallowed hard, and nodded. “Thank you.”

The doctor grinned. “Must be the Christmas spirit getting to me.” She handed over the forms. “About $300 should cover it.”

Mulder actually laughed. “Good, because I don’t have any singles.” He pulled out it wallet, wondering curiously how all this must really look. He had enough to cover a good old-fashioned bribe. He’d have to hit a cash machine if they went out for dinner tonight, but money wasn’t something he worried about. Alex Krycek was.

“I’ll take care of checking him out. Why don’t you go pick him up before he falls completely asleep? He’d probably be more comfortable in his own bed.”

Mulder smiled openly, for just a second, and walked over to reclaim Alex. The doctor watched him easily lead a semi-conscious Alex out to the taxi stand. She sighed as she watched them depart. Life just wasn’t fair sometimes. But at least they seemed happy together.

In search of you I feel my way, through the
slowest heaving night
Whatever fear invents, I swear it makes
no sense
I reach out through the border fence
Come down, come talk to me

The taxi dropped them off at the hotel, and Mulder gave him a fifty to wait while he carried Alex to their room. He laid Alex on the bed, and left a little note to say he’d be back in a little while, even though the doctor had said that the sedatives should keep him out for at least four more hours. That was more than enough time to get back to the mall and finish shopping. He took a last look at his lover lying so still in the bed. He was breathing normally, but Mulder lay his hand on Alex’s chest to feel his heart beat normally in his chest, and to reassure himself that his lover’s body was no longer trembling like it had been earlier. Then he slipped away, to return to the mall and finish his shopping expedition. He finally had an idea of what to get for his lover.

Alex was still wiped out when Mulder returned from the mall. They slept peacefully, Mulder curled protectively around the younger man, with one hand resting gently on his chest to reassure himself of his continued good health. The next morning, they drove back to the real world.

Alex uneasily agreed to go back to his doctor, and although Mulder didn’t mention the episode specifically, he carefully watched over his lover, making sure that he kept his appointments with his doctors and took his medication. Mulder didn’t notice any side effects, except that Alex slept more deeply and cut down his coffee intake.

Alex apologized for putting Mulder through such a harrowing experience. “I know you hate hospitals. So do I.” Alex gave him a weak smile. “Thank you for staying with me.”

Mulder replied by kissing him deeply, leaving him breathless in a way that didn’t make either of them afraid. “Keep yourself well. I have some wonderful Christmas presents for you.”

“Really? What is it?” Alex’s childish eagerness broke through his weariness from the drugs. Mulder shook his head, kissing Alex’s forehead lightly. “Gimme a hint, at least.”

All the things that we both might say
And the heart it will not be denied
‘Til we’re both on the same damn side
All the barriers blown away

But Mulder remained resolute, and no amount of Alex’s beautiful pouting or impassioned pleas could drag even a whisper from Mulder regarding the mystery in the weeks before Christmas. But it did have other pleasurable results, including one very dangerous moment in Skinner’s office while the AD was down in Records looking up some regulations to throw at Mulder.

“Alex! Stop it!” But Alex had finally opened Mulder’s slacks, and fished out his prize.

“Not a chance, Mulder. I’m not a tease, like you. I said I wanted to go down on you, and I intend to.” Alex knelt down and took an experimental lick. “Mmm, cream, my favorite flavor.”

Mulder’s jaw dropped open. “You aren’t really going to-” and Alex went down. Alex’s skill at cocksucking never ceased to impress Mulder, especially since he was now the only person Alex used it on. That, and Alex treated Mulder’s cock alternately like comfort food or a gourmet meal, and never passed up a chance to try to suck Mulder’s brains out. Today, Mulder was a gourmet meal, and Alex was savoring every inch of Mulder’s cock like he’d never tasted it before and never would again.

Alex let Mulder’s cock sink deep into his throat, and used his hands on Mulder’s delectable balls, fully aware that Skinner would be back any moment, but determined to make Mulder come before letting go, even if that meant sucking Mulder dry while Skinner watched. Not a terrible prospect, really, and Alex sighed at the thought of sucking voraciously on Mulder while Skinner took him from behind.

Cool air from Alex’s mouth and the tension of the moment made Mulder come much sooner than he intended to, and Alex shifted quickly to swallow it all, then licked him clean before standing up and restoring Mulder’s suit to its previous undefiled appearance. Mulder had just enough time to kiss away the last traces of come from Alex’s lips and face before Skinner returned to the office, and they both hoped that their respective innocent faces were good enough to fool the Assistant Director. And if they weren’t, at least Skinner was good enough not to mention it.

Won’t you please
talk to me

Christmas Day finally arrived. There was little hope of snow so far south, so Alex had decorated the windows of his apartment with stick-on snowflakes, and had redecorated so that his entire apartment looked like the interior of a fairytale winter scene. Mulder had footed the bill without any complaints or color suggestions, and was actually quite pleased with the results. Mulder’s gently teasing “Now if I could only get you to dress better,” had earned him a pillow fight, and another late night argument about the difference between buying presents and clothes. A long-standing continuous argument, and Mulder cherished every second of every one of them.

Mulder had bought a small tree, which was now surrounded by presents. Alex had set the spending limit and Mulder had set the maximum number of presents. Mulder had gleefully exceeded both limits, although he wouldn’t admit it, and had instead labeled his excess presents as being from ‘Santa’ to ‘Alex the Elf,’ and then claimed “Plausible denial. You have pointy ears; Santa likes you. Deal with it.”

Mulder had gotten Scully a photo album, a gift certificate for Tower Records, and a magnum of champagne for Christmas and New Year’s, since she would be with her family. Scully loved her family.

Mulder hated spending too much time with either of his parents. He loved Alex. Therefore, he was having Christmas with Alex.

Alex gave Mulder his first present on Christmas Eve by taking him to the Evening Mass with his family in Virginia.

Mulder pretended not to be surprised that the family had their own pew in the front of the church. Mulder didn’t concentrate on most of the ornate and beautiful ceremony, preferring instead to dodge the stares of the representative horde of children by hiding behind Alex. But then the hymnals were opened, and Mulder discovered that his lover could sing, and quite well. Alex had a beautiful tenor voice, and Mulder wasn’t the only person who decided to listen rather than join in, since the entire Virginia branch of the Korolevsky clan sang in perfect and beautiful harmony. Eventually, the rest of churchgoers dropped out and let the Korolevskys fill the beautiful church with music.

At the beginning of the communion part of the ceremony, Alex quietly led Mulder out of the church, along with a few other people. “Fellow sinners,” Alex explained. They stood, not too close to each other, but still together, outside in the chill Virginia air, watching the stars in the night sky.

At the end of the service, they were thoroughly kissed “Merry Christmas” and “Goodbye” by everyone in the clan before they were allowed to go home.

“You never told me you could sing.”

Alex leaned over and kissed Mulder three times: once, very softly on the lips; then, an almost imperceptible brush of lips over the cheek; and then again on the lips with restrained passion. “Merry Christmas, my own.”

Mulder was speechless. He wasn’t sure if could drive safely after that, but he had his own Christmas surprises to spring. He reached out for Alex’s hand, and interlaced his fingers with his lover’s. They held hands and Alex sang hymns all the way home.

“My turn!” cried Mulder as he pushed Alex aside and ran into the apartment. “Now, where did I put that box?” With a triumphant whoop, he pulled a medium-sized box out from the pile the two lovers had accumulated for each other. He whirled around and presented it to Alex. “Merry Christmas, love!” He threw off his coat and sat down on the couch.

Alex leaned over to kiss him and took the box, but sat down next to the tree after pulling off his coat as well. “If I hate it, I demand that kiss be returned.” He began unwrapping the plain blue paper carefully, to reveal a cardboard box stuffed with packing kernels. “I hate these things,” he whined, and threw a generous handful at Mulder, who laughed at Alex’s feeble attempts to hide his anticipation. Finally, he pulled out a gift box containing a beautiful Mont Blanc fountain pen. Alex gasped. “Mulder! This- this is a limited edition!”

“Do you like it?” Mulder was quite pleased with himself. He’d seen Alex eyeing the pen at a stationery store during their last case. It was quite nice, covered in gold vermeil and inlaid with flecks of jade. He had no idea what it was supposed to be commemorating, but Alex obviously did.

“Mulder, it’s beautiful!” Alex threw himself at his lover, to add another, more passionate kiss to the first one.

Mulder responded in kind, letting his tongue glide into Alex’s mouth and over and around Alex’s tongue, until they were almost at the point where certain things became harder than pulling away, and Mulder did pull away. “You didn’t finish looking in the box.”

“Oh?” Alex picked up the box and settled himself on Mulder’s lap. He replaced the pen in its box, then searched through the packing kernels in frustration. “There’s nothing-” suddenly his fingers brushed against what felt like leather. He pushed the kernels aside to get a better grip, and pulled out a leather bound blank book of the kind he used for his journals.

“I couldn’t help but notice that you were almost done with your last one,” Mulder said to the enchanting green eyes that were staring into his soul, trying to find words of gratitude and failing. Alex decided to fall back on the physical, which was perfectly acceptable to Mulder. After setting the pen and the journal carefully to one side, more kissing ensued, and this time Alex was the one to pull away when Mulder tried to pull off his shirt.

“No, not yet,” he said breathlessly. “It’s my turn.” He got up and easily found the box he wanted, a small one wrapped in Christmas-y golden paper. “And I don’t feel so bad now, ‘cause I know you cheated too.”

“Hmm?” Mulder accepted the box, and shook it. “Jewelry? Interesting.” He ripped open his present, pausing to throw the paper at Alex when he was done before opening the box. “Holy glittering carborundum!” They were gold cufflinks, each with a pair of rubies, one large and one small, surrounded by ten small diamonds. It wasn’t ostentatious, but it was obviously expensive. And he had a tux that would the cufflinks would complement perfectly, if he wore the linen shirt with the black cummerbund, or maybe- Alex broke off his train of thought by undoing one button of Mulder’s shirt, and licking the flesh it exposed. “Alex, don’t do that! It’s my turn.”

Alex looked hurt as Mulder stood up, tumbling Alex alone onto the couch. “What? No, ‘thank you?’”

Mulder paused in his search. “I’ve decided to save them up. Your way takes too long.” He dug out another box, and handed it to Alex. “Trust me, you’ll feel thanked when this is all done.”

Alex pouted, but eagerly opened his next box. It was a heavy glass bottle of massage oil. Alex opened it and sniffed. “Unscented?”

“I like the way you smell, and all the scented ones made me sneeze.”

“Is this just another way of getting me naked? Giving me massage oil so you can rub it all over me?” Alex joked. Personally he was looking forward to using the stuff at the first available opportunity.

“Oh, and Santa got you this,” said Mulder, and handed Alex another box.

“Mulder! It’s my turn!”

Mulder put on his best innocent face. “Don’t blame me, Santa did it.”

With a theatrical sigh, Alex opened his present. “A bathrobe?”

“Now, that looks like a way to get you naked. A cozy bathrobe for lounging around in. What a great idea, Santa! So, it’s really a present for both of us.”

Alex nearly fell off the couch laughing.

“Okay, now it’s your turn.”

“Wait,” said Alex, and pulled off his shirt.

“What are you doing?” demanded Mulder.

“I want to wear my new present.” Alex quickly pulled off his pants, and Mulder sent thanks heavenward, to be delivered to the North Pole and the Big Red Guy himself. Alex took a little more time than was necessary to put the robe on, letting Mulder enjoy seeing him naked. Finally, he pulled it all the way shut and loosely tied the belt closed, then sat down again.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone look so sexy in a bathrobe before,” commented Mulder.

Alex shrugged, and one shoulder promptly fell off, revealing a creamy, bare shoulder of Alex. Mulder licked his lips. “Stay back,” Alex warned, “I have a pen and I’m not afraid to use it.” Alex brandished his new pen threateningly at Mulder, who fell into the game, snarling and panting like a wild animal as Alex used his pen to drive him away from the Christmas tree, and showing off more wonderful bits of naked Alex as he did so. Alex pulled one of the last two boxes from under the tree, without taking his eyes from the wild Mulder. It wasn’t the box he was looking for, so he put it down carefully and pulled out another, and after a quick inspection, laid it on the floor and gingerly pushed it towards Mulder.

“Ooh,” growled Mulder. He sniffed the box, then shook it, but he couldn’t tell what it was. Mulder gave up the game to unwrap the box, and pull out his gift. “It’s a...book.”

“A first printing of ‘The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe,’ by C. S. Lewis.” Mulder looked confused. “You said you’ve never read any of ‘The Chronicles of Narnia.’”

“I haven’t,” said Mulder. He was trying to figure out if there was some reason Alex had given him this particular book.

Alex pulled the book away from Mulder, and knelt down on top of him, straddling his hips. “How about if I read it to you?” he offered seductively.

“Is this just a way to get me into bed with you?” Mulder asked, and Alex nodded. “Well, that’s a little different.” Happy, relieved green eyes beamed back at him.

Alex ran his hands through Mulder’s hair. “Well, that’s all of my presents. The only other thing I have to give you is Christmas dinner, and that is not under the tree. No Chinese Christmas takeout for you, mister.”

Mulder nuzzled Alex’s neck simply because it was there. “Well, I have one more. Could you hand me that box?” Alex leaned back to pick up the last present. Mulder held onto the belt of the bathrobe, and Alex’s movement caused the robe to fall open.

“Do you think I can unwrap this without being molested?”

Mulder shook his head in reply. “I think it’s too late for that.” He began licking Alex’s left nipple, then dragged his tongue over to the right side. “Aren’t you going to open that?” he asked. Alex moaned in protest when he stopped, and hastily unwrapped the little box. “A key! What does it open?” He held up the tiny gold key, trying to remember where he had seen it before.

Mulder smiled. “It might just signify that you hold the key to my heart,” he suggested, and kissed Alex over the heart. “Or...it might open another present.” He ran one hand over Alex’s ribs. “And, it might just be a key.”

“Mulder!” Alex tilted his lover’s head up and kissed him lightly on the lips. “Tell me.”

“It could be all of the above. I’ll tell you on Valentine’s Day.”

“You bastard!”

Mulder laughed, then pulled Alex down to kiss him properly. “Thank you for all the lovely gifts, Alex. Have I told you today how utterly breathtakingly beautiful you are?”

“No,” whispered Alex. “Breathtaking is when you kiss me. You’re being sappy, Mulder. Is it past your bedtime?”

“Maybe. Why don’t we go check?” said Mulder in a low, sexy voice. They unraveled themselves from each other, and Mulder led Alex into the bedroom, pausing only to pick up the massage oil. The room was illuminated only by the streetlights outside. The bed was done in green satin sheets that matched Alex’s eyes almost perfectly, and in the half-light, would make an excellent background for his rich skin. And on the bedposts, beckoning, were attached four very ugly cheap silk ties. “Merry Christmas.”

“Mulder, you scare me sometimes.” Alex sat down on the bed. “All this for little ol’ me?” he grinned.

Mulder shook his head. “I admit to being entirely selfish in my desire to tie you up and fuck you silly.” He smiled when Alex shivered at his words. “But for Valentine’s Day, you can tie me up if you want to.”

Alex stared at him. “There you go with Valentine’s Day again. What is it with you?”

“I like the way you respond to anticipation.” A sensuous smile curved Mulder’s lush lips. “So, are you going to lie down willingly, or do I have to force you?”

Alex beckoned Mulder closer. “A combination of both, I think. Unwrap me,” he offered. Mulder accepted the invitation, and leaned down to remove Alex’s robe. It made an interesting scene when he finally dropped the robe to the floor, almost exactly what he had seen in his fantasies the first time his eyes had drifted past those green satin sheets in the mall. Alex lay before him, gloriously naked, and Mulder was wearing only his black slacks, a belt, and a collarless white linen button-down shirt. He’d shed his watch, jacket, shoes, and socks in the living room while watching Alex unwrap presents. Mulder picked up the massage oil and set it on the bedside table, and laid out the lube and the condoms, so that he wouldn’t have to look for them later.

Then he pulled Alex’s left arm over to the right bedpost, and neatly tied him to it. Then the other limbs followed, until Alex was facedown and loosely secured to the bed. He looked over his shoulder at Mulder. “You aren’t going to hurt me, are you?” asked Alex, his eyes wide with mock innocence. Mulder smiled enigmatically, and didn’t answer.

Mulder surveyed the scene. Alex’s ass was invitingly arrayed for his pleasure. But there was one thing left that he had to do. Mulder sat down on the bed next near Alex’s head, so that he could easily see Mulder pull the tiny box from his pocket. Mulder opened the box right in front of Alex, showing him the simple gold band on its fine gold chain. Alex gasped. Mulder put a finger to his lips. “Shh,” he commanded, then silently put it around Alex’s neck.

“Mulder-”

“Shh.” Mulder contemplated the scene again. Now it was perfect. He ran a hand down Alex’s slender body. He could feel the tension in him; he wanted to talk but Mulder wouldn’t let him. He wanted all this to happen in silence.

Mulder opened the massage oil, and warmed it in his hands before working it into Alex’s skin with long, slow strokes down the large muscles of Alex’s back. Alex struggled to remain quiet, fighting his vocal nature, but Mulder’s quiet commands were easy to obey. The massage was sensual, and Mulder used it to memorize the contours of Alex’s body: which spots were especially sensitive, which were ticklish, which ones made his cock jump. Alex seemed to particularly enjoy the head massage, Mulder noted.

Mulder’s strength and patience surprised Alex. He hadn’t realized his partner was capable of such a deep body massage, let alone one that lasted well over an hour. Mulder had worked the tension out of every part of his body except his cock, and well, that was coming soon, Alex hoped. In the meantime, just thinking about the restraint and the strength that his partner was showing was almost enough to make Alex come without any other stimulation.

Mulder stood up, preparing to go to the bathroom to wash as much oil as he could from his hands before moving on to the next stage. “Don’t leave,” Alex begged.

Mulder didn’t shush him, but instead slid his oiled hands in a gentle circle over Alex’s buttocks.

Alex realized it was a question. “You don’t... we can do it without it.” They’d talked about it once before, Mulder pointing out that while Alex was going to the doctor all the time, he could check the effects of his sexual practices on his immune system.

Mulder smiled in satisfaction, although Alex hadn’t turned to look at him. He slid a finger into Alex, and just as he had hoped, the massage oil was an effective lubricant. With his other hand, he opened his pants and dripped some more oil onto his own erection, touching himself as little as possible he worked in the oil. He slid only two fingers in and out of Alex for a few minutes, twisting them to brush against Alex’s prostate with every other touch, and then he lowered himself to lean over Alex until he was resting on his elbows and knees over his lover, the soft linen of his shirt gently touching Alex’s bare back, his pants brushing lightly against Alex’s bare legs, his penis resting gently in the firm crevice of Alex’s ass. Beneath him, Alex was trying to stay quiet and still while tears rolled down his pretty face from emotional and sexual hunger. The gold ring dangled over the green satin sheets, and Mulder reached out, and took hold of it and tried to force himself into Alex at the same time. Alex bit down on his lip to keep quiet when he realized what Mulder was doing, and pushed back, trying to help. After one short agonizing moment, their bodies slid together.

They both knew this wasn’t going to last much longer. Alex pulled hard at the restraints, thrusting against the soft satin sheets, letting Mulder drive into him, and tried to choke back his inevitable screams. Mulder ran his hand along the gold chain around Alex’s neck. He could feel Alex tighten around him, and knew that his lover was going to come. He thrust harder, and moved his hand to play with Alex’s nipples, already taut from the massage. Alex whimpered, and came hard but silently. Mulder realized that he had passed out, and felt a deep sense of satisfaction rise within him. That hadn’t been in his fantasy, but it was a wonderful ending. He pushed himself up a little, making sure that Alex was still breathing, and continued thrusting into Alex until he came.

The feel of Mulder’s hot come shooting into him roused Alex, and he felt a wonderful post-orgasmic shudder travel from his head down to his toes. Mulder stayed in him until the last throes of orgasm were over for both of them, and then pulled out and untied Alex. Mulder was mesmerized by the sight of his semen trickling slowly out of Alex. Alex kissed him deeply, but didn’t say a word until Mulder smiled at him. “Thank you,” Alex said when he did.

Mulder lay down, still in his clothes, and pulled Alex to him. “Sleep well, and dream of me,” said Mulder drowsily.

“Always,” whispered Alex in return.

If you’d only talk to me
Don’t you ever change your mind

It was still dark and quiet in the bedroom, and despite the date, Mulder and Alex were still savoring the Christmas spirit while waiting for Valentine’s Day. Mulder’s cell phone rang. Mulder growled something nasty about work, but answered the call. “Mulder.” He listened, his face darkening. “We’ll be there-” he swallowed hard, and looked at Alex. “All right.”

“What is it?” Alex felt something dark start to gnaw at his insides. Fear wasn’t adequate to describe it; he could sense events begin to start barreling out of control.

“A hostage situation. They need my help.”

It had started. There was nothing he could do now, thought Alex darkly. “Do you want company?”

“I have to leave now, we’ll meet up at the command center.” Mulder sprang out of bed to go meet a multiple UFO abductee named Duane Barry.

Now your future’s so defined
And you act so deaf so blind
Come on, come talk to me
I can imagine the moment

Hatred filled Mulder’s voice when he realized who had called him. “You’re a whore, Alex Krycek.”

Alex stared into the distance. He was fully aware that he had just slipped into shock; in his mind, a huge chasm had opened, letting all the darkness of his past seep towards him. He felt cold, as though a huge block of ice had formed around him.

“You sold yourself to those people, you slept with me at their command, you helped them take Scully, didn’t you? What have you done, Alex?”

Alex’s voice didn’t work anymore, all he could do was listen to his lover’s voice screaming at him through the telephone through his tears. He wanted to comfort his lover, tell him it would all be all right, but Alex couldn’t lie to him anymore. Not today. Maybe later, the balance would be recovered but for today he could tell no more lies to his love.

“You whore! Answer me! Where is she? What have you done?”

A sob broke through the ice around Alex. “I don’t know.”

An anguished scream from his lover cracked more of the ice, brought forth more sobs. “Don’t lie to me!”

“I’m not lying- I don’t know- I love you- I didn’t know-”

Another scream, and the sound of breaking glass. Then silence. Krycek guessed that Mulder had thrown the phone through the window.

Alex felt his knees buckle, heard his voice saying “I love you” over and over into the phone until the dial tone returned. He slowly slid back into himself, but only the parts directly required for survival were fully functioning. The rest of him was still trying to explain love to Fox William Mulder.

Won’t you please talk to me
We can unlock this misery
Come on, come talk to me
I did not come to steal
This all is so unreal
Can’t you show me how you feel now?
Come on, come talk to me
Come talk to me, come talk to me

Followed by: Party Rules III: Never Go Home Alone