What Now?

44 - After the Sentencing 1 - Days

by Werewindle

 

Days had passed since they locked her in this orange cage, and her brief trip outside had not resulted in her release. That fool Zeus hadn't even tried to help her. Bastard. Athena's head still throb from the force of her confession. She'd only found hints that such an action could taken against a god. She seethed with envy - as the Goddess of Wisdom all knowledge should be hers and her father and his bitch wife had dared to keep it from her.

Athena shifted to lay on her side facing the door way. That stupid shade was leaning against the barrier again blocking her fucking view. At least the stupid thing would be disintegrating soon. A wicked thought popped into her mind. No one else had taken much notice of the shade. Athena could take it back to her temple after they let her out and 'play' with it in Strife's stead. It would be almost as good as torturing the real thing.


45 - After the Sentencing 2 - Friends

"Well at least the bitch is getting punished, she didn't look very remorseful though." Jett grumped.

"A caning can do wonders for a persons disposition. At least father always seemed to think so." Jayce commented.

Scythas was quiet. Joxer put his arm around him and squeezed his friend close. Scythas lips curled in a tiny smile and he laid his head on Joxer's shoulder.

"Thank you guys for coming with me. This is a lot to take in, I feel better with you here." Scythas admitted.

"Hey, that's what friends are for. We protect each other." Joxer assured him. Jayce and Jett nodded in agreement.


46 - After the Sentencing 3 - Purple

Apollo wandered away from where the details of when Athena's punishment should happen was being discussed. He made his way to the corner where Strife and the triplets where seated.

"How are you doing Strife?" Apollo asked, conjuring a chair to sit in across form his nephew.

"Fine. I believe you now. This is too elaborate for a mere hoax. I do have a few questions though, some things that have been floating around in my head since Jox and I went to see that healer." Strife looked hopeful.

"I can answer them if you like."

Strife nodded, "The healer talked about colors - auras or something. If she could see them how come she couldn't tell I was I god?"

"What color did she see?" Apollo looked at Strife with his own Healer's Sight.

"Purple."

"Hmmm Well you're more blue now, just a hint of violet around the edges. That does make sense. With your power blocked and your mind/memories not online yet your body is basically that of an immortal or a demi-god. Demi-gods and immortals have a blue glow where humans have a white glow and gods auras are black. The purple color is from being in pain.

Forced regeneration is extremely painful. It seems that enough of you connection to your powers remained that it instinctive tried to heal you. Mischief is easy enough to accomplish that even with the lightest control your powers could have caused events to feed you power - filtered down though it may have been.


47 - After the Sentencing 4 - Food

Eris and Ares crossed the hall to where Apollo, Strife and the human triplets had gathered. Athena's punishment was set for tomorrow afternoon, she would stay in the binding until then.

"Come on guys, we're going to head back to the Halls of War." They stood up and Joxer's stomach took the opportunity to growl. Ares grinned, "We'll have something to eat when we get home. Can't have Strife's friends keeling over."

"Good! Cause my stomach thinks my throat's been cut," Jayce quipped. The performer moved forward and looped his arm through Apollo’s. "You will be joining us won't you?"


48 - Repast

The group gathered around the table in Ares games room. The torches seemed to cast a brighter glow then any on earth. The light gave the room a cozy feel, blunting corners and softening the bold tapestries. Joxer felt at ease here which was surprising considering he was sitting in the Halls of War, Ares' Olympian temple.

A few weeks ago he'd have fainted or resorted to mumbling gibberish if he'd have found himself here in the presents of not only his chosen god but two others as well. But an afternoon spent working along side Ares and Apollo while they were disguised as Ilios and Sever cured him of his aw. Not that he wasn't pleased to be asked to stay, he just no longer felt the fool around them.

While Ares showed Joxer, Jett and Jayce guest rooms, Apollo tagging along since Jayce seemed disinclined to release him, and Strife his room Eris got together a light snack for them all. She had milk and watered wine to drink and plates of cheese, grapes, strawberries and sliced apples.

Eris clucked her tongue in disapproval when they returned apparently unhappy with their state of dress. She waved her hand garbing the humans in loose light weight pants and shirts and leaving their feet bare. Eris made sure her son and his friends each got a bit of everything to eat and their glasses filled before she sat down.

Joxer barely kept himself from staring. Eris acted so far out of character from what he'd come to expect Joxer was struck dumb. He took a sip of his milk and watched as Eris made a threatening gesture at her twin with her knife. She must really be trying like Ares said. Joxer could blame her, he'd have been acting like a mother hen too if one of his brothers or even Scythas er, Strife had been hurt.

Eris raised an eyebrow when she caught him look and pointed at his plate. Joxer turned his attention to his food. He picked up a wedge of apple and popped it in his mouth. The apple was tart and crisp, sweet and juicy. He reached for another slice, this had to be the best apple he ever had.


49 - Seeing Red

Hera stalked into the room where Athena was caged. The bitch was curled on her side with a smug plotting look on her face. Hera couldn't wait to wipe it off. Athena sat up at her approach.

"Come to let me out?"

"No, just thought you might like to know your sentence." Hera came to stand next to the shade, giving it the one over before turning back to Athena.

"Why, not. Do I have to apologies or something? Are they going to ban me form Strife's welcome back party? Oh, drat."

Hera's grin displayed sharp teeth. "Something like that." She went on to explain, in detail, Athena's punishment. All the while her smile getting bigger as Athena became pale only to redden in anger. The caged goddess jumped to her feet and started screaming.

"No! No! You fucking bitch! Zeus! Daddy! Daddy! No! I don't fucking believe you! You can't do that!" Athena banged on the orange barrier. They had no impact other then to wear the hysterical goddess out.

Hera laughed at Athena taking hold of the shades arm and dragging it with her as she left the room. "Come on poppet, let's leave the little brat alone, hmmm? Now what are we going to do with you?" Hera pondered as they walked out into the Olympus night.


50 - Snug as a Bug

Strife settled into his bed. The room was familiar to him, it felt like home even though he couldn't remember it. The sheets were cool and clean and settled around him just right. Strife tried to sleep but ended up tossing and turning. After nearly a week sharing a bed Strife had gotten used to Joxer's warm presence. Strife pouted, he had been told he was an only child so he should be used to sleeping alone. Still he missed having his friend to snuggle with.

A soft knock on his bedroom door interrupted Strife's brooding. "Come in." He called, glad for the excuse to be awake.

Joxer poked his head in before padding through the door, closing it behind him. "You awake too? I'm having the worst trouble sleeping. You'd think my body would take advantage of being able to sleep in a nice comfy bed, but no." Joxer fidgeted with the hem of his shirt.

"Me too, this overwhelming hospitality is kinda unsettling." Strife shifted to one side of the bed and held up the covers. "You can stay here if you want. Maybe it'd be easier to sleep knowing someone's watching your back."

Joxer smiled and scrambled into the bed. He pulled the sheets over up under his chin and wriggled down into the pillows. He yawned and turned on his side facing away from Strife. "Thanks, Scy. G'night." Joxer was soon sleeping soundly.

Strife grinned and shifted to lay on his side as well, sliding closer to Joxer until their backs were pressed together lightly. Strife was just starting to drift off when he heard his door open slightly and gently close again. He slit open an eye to see who had entered his room.

Jett was slinking toward the bed. He stood at the foot of the bed looking down at the two laying there. Jett moved as if to set in the chair in the corner. Strife lifted the covers again in invitation. Jett hesitated for just a moment before sliding in on Strife's other side. Strife rolled to face Joxer scooting down to tuck his forehead against Jox's shoulder. The bed moved as Jett settled him self, his foot dragging across Strife's as he got comfortable.

Strife drifted to sleep feeling warm and content surrounded by his friends.


.:Previous:. | .:Next:.

.:Back to the Den:.

 

To receive email for new and updated fiction:
Click here to join twin_swords
Click to join twin_swords