What Now?

38 - Lunch Break

by Werewindle

 

The lunch crowed was buzzing at the Sleeping Lion. The Bent River Performers had taken over two tables in the back by the stairs. They had placed their orders and conversation had turned to speculation on where the triplets and their gorgeous friend had gotten to.

Some remembered seeing Scythas working on scenery for that nights showcase performance - the one long play that changed night to night. But nobody had seen them for a couple of hours now. Bets and gossip were flying back and forth. Two things were constant: they hoped the four hadn't found trouble and they had better get their collective asses back for the night's performance.

Just as the group was tucking into their meals who should stroll in but the missing men accompanied by two others. Someone let out a shrill whistle as a few others waved their arms to draw the men's attention. The six threaded through the heavy crowd to the rest of the troupe.

Jayce declined the invitation to join them for lunch since they had already eaten. He did however introduce the men with them and promise to work them hard to make up for the lost time while they had gone to greet their recently arrived friends.

The taller of the two had a deep tan, strawberry-blond hair and a lean body on display under his short blue toga. Jayce introduced him as Ilios and he graced them with a blinding smile. One of the younger performers nearly swooned.

The other was shorter, more heavily muscled and stood with air of danger around him. He was attired more conservatively in an embroidered red silk vest and brown leather pants. The front half of his long brown hair was pulled back from his face displaying heavy silver hoops in his ears. The brunet was introduced as Sever and did not smile. This did little to deter his admirers.


39 - Sunset

Sunset was fast approaching and the Bent River Performers were in moving in coordinated chaos as the got ready for the night's show. Ilios and Sever had indeed been put to work that afternoon helping prepare. Ilios had been left in the hands of the costumers and Sever helped with the scenery. There had been one tense moment when Sever looked liked he was going to refuse to help. Scythas informed him that he was welcome to leave.

He stayed and gossip level rose. There was something about the dynamics between the two that had many puzzled. Sever had an attitude but had backed down, they wanted to know what kind of hold over him Scythas had.


40 - Day's End

It was full night and the last group was on the stage. They were doing the 'boy bride' play and Joxer was once again in the white dress. Ares and Apollo were watching from the sidelines still in disguise as Ilios and Sever. Apollo was enjoying the attention but Ares was too alert to relax. He still worried about letting Strife come back to the Mortal realm.

He was trying not to dwell on the coming council meeting. It was set to start at when the moon reached its apex. Ares was anxious to find out Athena's reasons for harming Strife. He was looking forward to her punishment the most. He didn't want to kill her - he just wanted her to be in pain for a long, long time.


A/N
ilios is greek for sun.

.:Previous:. | .:Next:.

.:Back to the Den:.

 

To receive email for new and updated fiction:
Click here to join twin_swords
Click to join twin_swords