Don't Pet the Duo

Bonus: Beware the Dragon and the Phoenix

by Grayswandir

 

Recovered original presentation of segment four


We here at the University of Alaska Fairbanks Bishounen Studies Department do apologize for the delay in the continuation of the Discovery Channel Fangirl miniseries - Bishounen: Quirks and Cautions. Our study subjects were frightfully camera shy and kept sabotaging the equipment when the shots were taken.

After several months of interruptions, and the return of most of the subjects to the labs here at the campus, we have finally managed to compile a presentation that may be to your liking. On location, we have Artep Enilk reporting. Artep?

Thank you Haras. After months of extensive research, and many, many more equipment upgrades, we here at UAF:BS have finally caught our elusive subjects in, what we believe to be, every act imaginable.

The Chang Wufeium is a noble creature of the wild and has been known to cavort with many, and none. It prefers the quiet of the outdoors instead of the din brought by the indoor life. However, despite its preference for solitude, it is very accomplished at self-defense and often considered a predator, albeit a levelheaded one. Easily provoked, most often by Duo Maxwellius and Ozius, in that order, it extends a curved claw as sharp as steel as it pursues its prey. Most hostile actions towards the Duo Maxwellius are cut short swiftly as the Chang Wufeium holds the alliances held with the Heero Yuyium in the utmost respect.

Despite its continuous ire at the Duo Maxwellius, their two species cooperate fully when in pursuit of Ozius. Oft times, Heero Yuyium, Duo Maxwellius, Triton Bloomium, Quatre Winnerus, and Chang Wufeium are close cohorts when attacking Ozius. But this does not apply to the Chang Wufeium when it encounters Treize Kushrenadai and Zechs Merquisean.

Before the extinction of the Treize Kushrenadai, the Chang Wufeium would partake of friendly dueling when the two species of dragon met. This dueling was often a precursor of the mating rituals of these two species. Unfortunately, many researchers suspect that not all relations between the Treize Kushrenadai and the Chang Wufeium were friendly and consequently the Chang Wufeium is generally held accountable for the extinction of its fellow dragon.

Unlike the seeming symbiosis created between the two dragons, most relations between the Chang Wufeium and the Zechs Merquisean are heavily strained. Originally, the Zechs Merquisean and the Treize Kushrenadai were close compatriots. The Treize Kushrenadai was a protector of the Zechs Merquisean and often understood every territorial boundary involved. However, the Chang Wufeium did not respect these boundaries and started impeding upon the rights the Zechs Merquisean had already laid in regards to the Treize Kushrenadai. Thusly, the Zechs Merquisean blames the extinction of the Treize Kushrenadai solely upon the Chang Wufeium, for if the Chang Wufeium had not intruded, the Zechs Merquisean would not have failed in protecting the Treize Kushrenadai from the deceptions wrought of the Romefellern.

One of the most curious phenomenons captured when observing the interrelations of the Chang Wufeium and the Zechs Merquisean is the mutual dislike they hold for the Relena Peacecraftus. The Relena Peacecraftus, and its subtler subspecies known as the Relena Darlinian, is often nicknamed the purveyor of pink. Oddly enough, both of the Relenas are closely related to the Zechs Merquisean as they all originated from the Sanqtus breeding grounds, where it was originally named Milliardo Peacecraftus.

Gradually, as the Treize Kushrenadai became scarcer, the Chang Wufeium and the Zechs Merquisean came to a mutual understanding of their similar situations, leaving each other to their own devices. However, the Zechs Merquisean was not satisfied with this. Adopting the Treize Kushrenadai’s personal penchant for rose scents to its arsenal of amorous methods, the Zechs Merquisean began wooing the frosty Chang Wufeium. Slow going, they find they have a lot in common. The Chang Wufeium recites poetry while the Zechs Merquisean prefers Shakespearean quotations. This conflict in literature leads to heated arguments, then sweaty, sticky situations that neither feel can be called unpleasant.

On an ending note, rumor has it that a Treize Kushrenadai has been seen sneaking onto the compound and joining the personal festivities between the Chang Wufeium and the Zechs Merquisean. We have not captured any solid proof as of yet.

This is Artep Enilk, signing off. Hey! No, they’re loose again! Catch them!

-fizzle-


-END-


This is an earlier lost draft from the depths of Gray's hard drive. Instead of scrapping it we desided to share. Bonus for you. (We are still not taking request) Enjoy!

.:Previous:.

.:Back to the Den:.

 

To receive email for new and updated fiction:
Click here to join twin_swords
Click to join twin_swords