Shiva 2: Deus ex Machina



In hopes of kick-starting my muses, I've decided to give an excerpt from the second story in the "Shiva" universe. This has been sitting on my computer since last November or so. But as I've received demands and bribes *G*, perhaps this little tease will get this story going again.

Now, to start turning the rest of the notes into the rest of the story!





Shiva 2: Deus ex Machina
Author: Surreal
E-mail: surreal666@hotmail.com
Website: http://netjeru.ma-at.net/SurrealArts/
Feedback: Yes, please!
Status: Series, in progress
Category: Romance, established relationship
Rating: NC/17
Summary: Roadmap to making a family.
Archive: Lone Slasher, Basement, LGM mailing list site as link Disclaimer: Characters belong to Chris Carter, FOX, and the actors who portray them. But since CC and FOX no longer have much interest in playing with them, I declare them public property and say, let the fans have some fun!
Notes: Story is a continuation of the "Shiva" universe. Several things happening at once - the main story foundation takes place in 2021, twenty years after "Shiva" and follows the lives of Langly, Byers, and their family. Interspersed are many flashbacks to various times during the past twenty years, to show the route along which the boys end up as they do.

~~~<>~~~


April, 2021

"DANIEL!" Langly shouted from the bottom of the staircase. "Get your ass down here and out the door NOW before you make your brother late for school!" He walked back to his computer without noticing the exasperated frown from his lover behind him.

"Ringo, language," Byers reminded the other man out of habit. "And I asked you to go get him. I could have yelled myself." He sighed dramatically and turned back to folding his newspaper neatly.

The sound of thundering little footsteps crashing down the flight of stairs from the second floor. Byers rolled his eyes and looked at the skinny blonde boy tumbling into the living room on feet that were too big for his body. "Jay, how many times have I told you not to run on the stairs?" he scolded his youngest son, handing him lunch money as he did so.

The boy shrugged and gave him the lop-sided grin he inherited from his other father. "Not enough?" he cracked, shrugging his backpack on and pocketing the bills.

Just as Byers took a deep breath in preperation to yell at his other son, a second set of heavier footfalls came down the stairs. Daniel tripped on the last step and fell into his father, and Byers automatically caught him in his arms.

"Now I know where he gets it from," Byers muttered warily as he brushed non-existant lint from his son's t-shirt and pushes him toward the door. "Go already! I don't want you speeding in this rain...not that I want you *ever* speeding," he adds firmly.

Daniel kicks his backpack absently toward the door while shrugging into his jacket. "What are you talking about, I never break the rules of the road," he grinned mischieviously. Scooping up his bag and putting his hand on his little brother's head, he hussled them both out the door.

Breathing a relieved sigh, Byers rolled his neck and wandered over to where Langly was lazily surfing the 'net on the family computer in the living room. 'It's too early in the morning to be exhausted already,' he thought to himself.

He rested his hands on Langly's shoulders and kissed the top of his head. "Busy?"

"Not really," Langly shrugged and leaned his head back until it rested against Byers' stomach. "Checking the email accounts... you hear that Will got engaged?" He waved his hand at an email from Fox Mulder, William's father.

"You're kidding! He's what, twenty now? Isn't he still in school?" Byers leaned over Langly's shoulder to read the note.

"Yeah, so is the girl. They'll be gettin' hitched after their junior year, looks like." The blonde sighed and clicked to the next email. "Next thing we know it'll be Danny."

Byers stood up straight and swatted the back of Langly's head. "Don't say that! I feel old enough already, last thing we need is to be marrying off our children."

Langly snorted and reached behind him to pull Byers around, facing him. Not letting go of his hand, he stroked his fingers over the other man's wrist. "You're not old, babe. Don't ever think that I see you as anything other than the gorgeous man I married, okay?" He looked up into his husband's warm blue eyes.

Slowly, Byers blushed and smiled, leaning down to kiss the man seated in front of him. "Okay," he agreed softly.

Reaching around his lover's waist, Langly pulled him down to sit on his lap. "Good," he grinned, tightening his grip as Byers wriggled indignantly.

"Brat," Byers laughed and kissed him again, deeply. He hummed with pleasure, losing himself in the younger man's warmth and embrace.

Neither heard the front door open, but both jumped and broke apart guiltily when they heard the loud young boy's screech. "EWWW!! You guys are so gross, take it upstairs!"

Byers blushed even brighter while Langly flung a pillow at the snickering Jay. "Shouldn't you be at school already, young man?"

"I'm going, I'm going! I forgot my math book," he sighed heavily and made his second exit of the morning.

Langly's sigh echoed that of his son and he kissed Byers' still pink neck. "The kid's got a point. How about we take this where we can get horizontal?" he grinned wickedly.

"Sounds good to me," Byers grinned back and stood, grabbing Langly's hand and dragging him upstairs to their bedroom.


~~~<>~~~



Go To Shiva
Go Home