Contains mature sexual situations.

He’s Not Confessing, He’s Advertising!

by MaryReilly

Disclaimer: Children, what are you doing in here? Get out of here! It features entertaining graphic sexual descriptions of two men doing terribly erotic things to each other. If you don’t like that sort of stuff, or know you are too young for it, I know www.blizzard.com has some fabulous downloads of games where you can blow people up, or slaughter entire countries, or fight demons - but no illicit sexual activity. Oh, and I don’t own any of these characters. I’m just borrowing them for a little storytelling. They are all owned by Chris Carter, Fox, ten thirteen productions, and the rest of the people with the money. I don’t have any. I do, however, have an overactive sexual imagination and a good grasp of how to drive a plot home. Oh, dear, that didn’t come out quite right . . . oh, well.

Send comments to address above. I welcome constructive criticism. I also relish confrontation, so feel free to flame me. I hope you’re up to the challenge.


Agent Mulder accepted the coffee with little more than a grunt. His new partner had stopped expecting anything more, such as a simple, “Thank you.”

Alex Krycek sighed and looked down at Mulder, who was deep in his reading and completely oblivious to his presence, despite drinking the fresh cup of coffee. What did it take? he wondered, to catch this man’s eyes. How on earth could he ever get himself noticed by that gifted intellect, touched by that talented body? It was an insane desire, as well as a futile, hopeless, and frustrating one.

“Did you move my notes?” Mulder glanced up suddenly, accidentally catching Krycek’s sad and soulful look. Embarrassed, Krycek looked away. Mulder sat up and continued to stare.

He didn’t think he’d ever noticed his partner’s eyes before. Then again, it was only their second day together. And it’s not like he had a reason to go around staring into some complete stranger’s eyes.

But just like another stranger’s, they were beautiful. Green. He was certain he had seen them before.

“Your notes?” Krycek sounded like he was choking. “They’re right here.” He picked up the untidy pile and handed them to his partner, who was still staring at him very hard.

Then, Mulder’s eyes raked over Krycek’s body, as if he weren’t hiding it underneath an ugly and ill-fitting suit. Yes, Mulder was certain that he had seen those eyes and that body before. At last, he had a face and a name (and a badge number) to join in the wild and varied sexual fantasies that had once saved his life.

“Are you okay, Mulder?”

Mulder smiled, an intense and predatory smile. “What possessed you to streak the library at Quantico?”

Those incredible eyes opened wide in shock, revealing again the depths of green that Mulder had seen all those years ago. But this time, they had the proper frame of luxuriant dark lashes, and Alex Krycek’s narrow, handsome face.

The ever-so-proper, by-the-book Agent Krycek blushed bright red. “Oh, that’s right. That was you.” He shifted uneasily from foot to foot, to Mulder’s obvious delight. “Well, let’s just say you should never play ‘Truth or Dare’ with Dana Scully.”

Mulder raised an eyebrow. “Scully? Dana Scully somehow talked six FBI agents into streaking the library at Quantico?”

Krycek sat down miserably. “Agents in training. And there were eight of us, and we didn’t have much of a choice. It was either that, or she was going to label our underwear and fly it from the flagpole at half mast on the next national holiday.”

“What?” Disbelief seemed too mild for Mulder’s tone.

“She’s merciless when it comes to ‘Truth or Dare!’ I lost my underwear to her because she caught me cheating in the poker game. I have no idea how she got everyone else’s.”

“Dana? Scully did this?” The disbelief moved straight into shock.

The blush on Krycek’s face looked like it might become permanent. “One drink, and she turns into a creature of pure evil.”

Mulder shook his head. “I knew I was missing something when I refused to go to all those office parties.”

Krycek suddenly thought of another office party saying, regarding why Mulder missed all those parties, but couldn’t muster the courage to vocalize his thoughts. Instead he stared at the floor and continued with his story. “She was our Assistant Instructor in Stadtler’s stupid ‘Catch the Bad Guy’ class. She turned every lab session into a short party, complete with drinks and drinking games. We usually ended up playing ‘Truth or Dare’ against our better judgement, and that time, we ended up losing all of our clothes. She gave back the clothing without any argument, but said she would only give back our underwear if we would carry out a Dare where we didn’t need underwear. And then she sprang the idea of streaking. She wanted us to streak a classroom, but we refused. We compromised on the library. We didn’t expect to, uh- run into anybody.”

“It’s all right,” smiled Mulder. “I didn’t mind.”

Krycek looked up from the linoleum that he had been studying intensely. Mulder hadn’t just said that, had he? Krycek was obviously dreaming. He swallowed hard, but couldn’t speak.

“You looked pretty good without any clothes.” He allowed his eyes to rove over Krycek’s body again. “Of course, given your taste in clothes-”

“Mulder!” Krycek’s irritation cut through Mulder’s dreamy voice. “Not everyone can afford your Armani suits.”

“No,” said Mulder in the same dreamy voice. “But I would like to get into your pants.”

Now Krycek was positive he was hallucinating. He shook his head to try and clear his fantasies away, and get back to work. But Mulder was still gazing dreamily at him, casually undressing him with those luscious hazel eyes.

“Tell me, why were you so bold and unashamed in the library when you were completely naked, but you’re the color of a particularly ripe beet right now?”

“I didn’t know who you were back then! You were just some anonymous, good-looking guy in a suit! I can’t have sex fantasies about my partner!” Suddenly Krycek realized what he had just said. Out loud. “Excuse me,” he whispered, and ran out of Mulder’s tiny office.

Mulder watched him run away. “He’s got a point,” he whispered softly to himself.

The phone rang. A.D. Skinner wanted to talk to Mulder about his last pathetic excuse for a report. Mulder promised to be there as soon as possible.

With a sigh, he hung up the phone and walked out of the office. Krycek probably wouldn’t be there when he got back; it was Thursday night, they had no particular assignments, and unlike Mulder, Krycek actually finished his reports. So now what?

It was one of those problems that could keep you up for nights.

Krycek returned to find the office empty. With a shudder, he sank into his chair and laid his head in his arms on the desk. His mind was whirling. ‘What can Mulder be thinking? He couldn’t actually want to sleep with me, Alex Krycek? More likely, Mulder just wants a willing warm body. But if that’s what it takes...’ Krycek couldn’t believe he was actually considering it. What was he really willing to do for the love of Fox William Mulder?

Anything.

Before he had enough time to collect his emotions and thoughts enough to actually stand up, Mulder walked back into the office. ‘Stormed’ would probably be a better description, given the slammed door which made Krycek jump.

“You’re still here,” said Mulder with his characteristic boyish pleasure. “Well, at least something is still going right today.” He pulled a coin out of his pocket. “Okay, who picks up who? Call it!” and flipped the coin.

Krycek stared at his new partner. He didn’t know him well enough to tell if this mood was real, and his own feelings were far too much in the way.

“Tails!” Mulder said as he caught the silver dollar. “I win, what do you want for dinner?”

“You’re not serious.”

“No, not Italian. How ‘bout just pizza? At your place?”

Krycek stared into Mulder’s hazel eyes, and suddenly sensed the tension there. This wasn’t easy for Mulder either; he looked like he was expecting rejection despite what Krycek had blurted out earlier. Vulnerability was a good look on Mulder. Krycek smiled softly. “I don’t have anything to drink at my apartment,” he said shyly.

Mulder smiled triumphantly, and gave a surprised little laugh. “Y’know, that’s never worked before.”

“I guess you did something right this time.” Krycek smiled more openly.

After a few seconds of staring intently into each other’s eyes, Mulder dropped the papers he was holding. The sound brought them out of their hormone-induced fugue.

“We should get going,” said Mulder softly, “before Skinner calls again.”

Krycek could only nod in response.

Mulder stared at his partner for a few more moments before moving. Was he aware that his eyes hid nothing? That his anticipation and eagerness were blazing there like a forest fire threatening to devour everything in its path? Did he know that his smile had enough sexual energy in it to make Mulder come just from staring at him? He shook his head to clear it, then knelt and picked up his papers. He could feel Krycek’s eyes still on him for a moment, then Krycek gathered his notes and papers, also getting ready to leave.

The two left the basement in strained silence, and walked toward the garage.

“Can I give you a ride?” asked Mulder gently.

Krycek didn’t even think about it. That almost guaranteed that Mulder would stay overnight, and begin fulfilling every dream Krycek had ever had about this man, and all the promises of the day. “Sure, as if you’d ever let me drive you anywhere.”

Mulder laughed, an incredible breathless sexy laugh, that set Krycek’s blood on fire and turned his knees to water. What was it about this man? Stupid question, he was Fox William Mulder, the star of all of Alexei Mikhailovich Krycek’s fantasies since that one day in the library. Knowing that he was brilliant, determined, and dangerous only added to the fascination.

The drive was sensuously quiet. They stopped and got a large pizza and a six-pack of beers, then Krycek gave simple directions to his apartment. He lived about twenty minutes away from Mulder, a fact that Mulder found strangely pleasing.

They carefully made their way upstairs, not touching or speaking until they were actually inside Krycek’s tiny apartment. Krycek opened the door, and let Mulder enter.

The living room in Krycek’s apartment was dominated by the bookshelves. Mulder was immediately drawn to them, almost forgetting food and his sexual desires entirely. Apparently, Krycek collected first editions of famous Russian authors, but only his Dostoevsky was complete. He had a full set of both originals and the matching English translations. There were also well-worn journals resting gently near the books. Mulder touched the spines reverently. “How beautiful.”

“Thanks. I inherited most of them from my parents. I guess I should show you around first, hunh?” Krycek was both embarrassed by and proud of his tiny apartment. It was simple, with only the basics. He turned on all the lights, and led Mulder around. The first stop was the kitchen, which was small, but clearly saw more use than the spacious gourmet kitchen in Mulder’s apartment.

“You can cook?”

Krycek grinned. “I’m a damn good cook.”

Mulder grinned back, then entered the bedroom. There were a small television set, and a full-size bed with a brass headboard. The furniture, from the dresser to the bedside table, all looked comfortably well-used. The room was sparsely decorated, with an ornate Russian Orthodox cross over the bed, and a curio cabinet housing a small collection of Russian ikons. Mulder gazed in awe at this unexpected display of spirituality. “Are you...” Mulder gestured helplessly toward the cross. “Observant? Practicing?”

Krycek shrugged. “I try not to. It never helps, and usually only makes me feels worse.”

“Do you... have sex in front of them?” Mulder seemed a little disturbed.

Krycek laughed. “They’re artwork, Mulder. They aren’t going to channel the wrath of God. I hope.”

Both men laughed a little nervously, at the situation and each other. Mulder looked around again. The view was terrible. Rather than relaxing him, seeing the ugly silhouette of the city brought the full weight of his actions crashing down on him. But the ikons still peacefully reflected the soft lighting in Krycek’s bedroom. “Let’s eat,” Mulder said rather abruptly, and walked back to the living room.

Krycek took a deep breath, and went to the kitchen for plates and a bottle opener. He tried not to guess Mulder’s intentions; he didn’t know him well enough to tell if there was something wrong.

Mulder had opened the pizza box and claimed the living room couch. Krycek settled himself comfortably on the floor, not too close to Mulder, but not too far either. They started on the pizza in total silence.

“Why isn’t your T.V. in here?” The silence seemed oppressive to Mulder, who was used to leaving the television on all night while he slept in front of the computer.

“I read in here. I watch T.V. in the bedroom, if I’m going to watch. Mostly, I just use it to keep my clothes off the floor.”

Mulder shook his head in despair. This boy needs help, he thought. He shifted on the couch, moving a little closer to Krycek.

Krycek looked up, and smiled. His smile lit up the room and made Mulder shiver slightly. Then Krycek moved closer, until he was resting his head on Mulder’s knee.

“Tell me something,” Mulder said in a gentle, conversational tone.

Krycek looked up. “What?”

“Does this bother you?” and before Krycek could figure out the question he was supposed to be answering, Mulder leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on Krycek’s luscious lips. His hands lingered on the sides of Krycek’s beautiful, narrow face, gently caressing his tapered ears, his wide high cheekbones, and when Krycek failed to respond, Mulder could see that it was not because he was searching for the right words of rejection, but because he was simply trying to remember how to breathe. Merciless with his newfound power, Mulder kissed him again, harder this time, and savored the small moan that escaped Krycek’s lips. Finally, Krycek remembered how to move, lifting his arms to pull Mulder closer, and they kissed again, deeply this time, tongues intertwined, breath shared, both bodies quivering with passion. Mulder sighed happily and let Krycek pull him down to the floor, where he covered the younger man’s body like a blanket.

Mulder settled his weight on his knees and trailed his hands down Krycek’s slender body. Krycek shuddered, and pulled Mulder closer for another series of mind-blowing kisses. Mulder’s hands eventually came to a stop on Krycek’s hips. “You never answered my question.”

“What?” Krycek then murmured something else that Mulder didn’t understand, and then gently licked Mulder’s lips, sending a jolt right to Mulder’s groin. Mulder responded by trailing his fingers lightly along Krycek’s legs and waist, but never quite touching the prize. Krycek closed his eyes and sighed.

Mulder stared down at his partner. His impossibly long lashes were resting softly on his pale skin. He could have been asleep. “Hello? Earth to Krycek. Alex?” That brought a groan out of the younger man. He arched up, and pressed himself hard against Mulder, rubbing his erection against Mulder and drawing an answering moan out of him.

“I love the way you say my name,” Alex whispered. “Why did you stop moving your hands? You just got to the good part.”

“So long as you don’t call me by my first name. It freaks me out,” Mulder laughed. He let his hands run over Alex’s cock, feeling the warmth and hardness, and watched and listened to Alex descend into a wild state of arousal. “The good part, huh? Let’s see...” Mulder slid his body down to where his hands were undoing Alex’s belt. Rather than freeing Alex from the confines of his clothes, Mulder eased one of his hands into Alex’s pants and began playing with his penis. Mulder, a veteran masturbator, teased as much as he could before finally pulling down Alex’s pants. “I bet I know what you want.”

Alex’s only response was a frustrated whimper. Mulder laughed, and licked the underside of Alex’s erection, focusing the muscles of his tongue along the ridged vein there. Alex gave a harsh cry, then subsided to a soft moan as Mulder engulfed the head of his penis. Carefully, Mulder ran his tongue around the sensitive head, savoring the taste of Alex’s sweaty flesh and semen. Then he began to seriously work his mouth over Alex’s cock, with hard suction and light nips, bringing the younger man the edge and back again and again. Alex began thrusting into Mulder’s mouth, moaning in frustration as Mulder drew out the glorious act of going down on Alex Krycek for as long as he could. Eventually he pulled his head up and his mouth completely away from Alex’s cock. “Do you want to come in my mouth? Or should I save it for something better?”

Did Mulder know how sexy his voice sounded? Alex thought to himself. He realized that he had to say something, or Mulder might decide to leave. “Fuck me,” he managed to gasp. His speech centers were going down, and that was really all he wanted and could ask for. Apparently, it was enough. Right now, all he could think about was the fact that Mulder was pulling off the rest of his clothing in a maddeningly slow and self-controlled way. He moaned. It was unfair really; he had been reduced to a puddle of hormones on the floor, how did Mulder still have any self control?

“You’re very verbal.” Mulder decided that this was good; it made it much easier to read his responses. Not that Alex wasn’t physically responsive, quite the opposite. Alex’s body was a road map to pleasure, and like any man, Mulder preferred to wander rather than ask for directions. In a few moments, they were both naked. Mulder contemplated. He was starting to reach the end the end of his practical knowledge. A wealth of technical knowledge remained, but he hoped he wouldn’t do anything wrong simply because he didn’t feel like asking. Mulder decided to go with his instincts. “Maybe we should move to the bed?”

Mulder and Alex clumsily stood up, kissed, and then slowly worked their way to the bedroom without letting go of each other. In fact, they touched each other quite a bit, stroking, kissing, licking and rubbing any part of each other they could get their hands on. They reached the bed, and Mulder slowly lowered Alex to the bed. “Is there anything I should do while I’m still standing and you’re semi conscious?”

“There’s lube and stuff in the drawer there.” Alex’s voice was soft and sexy. The room was lit only by the streetlights streaming in through the thin curtains.

Mulder quickly retrieved the required items and then knelt on the floor before Alex. “Now where was I?”

“You were somewhere over here,” Alex said, gently stroking his cock, “and you were taking it very, very slowly. And it was wonderful.”

“Then I’ll keep doing what I was doing,” Mulder replied. He let Alex lie down on his back, and spread his legs. Mulder gently kissed Alex’s left knee, then slowly began working his way up his thigh to the hot dark hole at the center. Alex rewarded him with an encouraging moan of pure pleasure as Mulder ran his tongue over the tiny pucker, and a soft gasp when Mulder let his tongue enter it, to swirl around in maddening circles.

By this time, Mulder was hard enough to consider speeding things up despite his inexperience in this particular area. He flicked his tongue in and out of Alex while he grabbed the lube. Alex was going wild. Mulder applied a generous amount of lube to his fingers, and brought one hand up to Alex’s ass, and slid one finger in at the same time that he pulled his mouth away, letting his tongue work its way up his penis instead. Alex arched back, impaling himself on Mulder’s finger as Mulder began sucking his cock again.

“Please...” Alex moaned, and whispered something else Mulder couldn’t quite hear.

Mulder added another finger, holding his hand still and letting Alex work them into him. Mulder, sensing that Alex was a little too close to coming, pulled his mouth away swiftly. He sat up, and added a third finger while he looked down at the man beneath him. Alex had the sheets in a deathgrip, and his eyes were closed. Ecstasy and longing were clear on his pale face, in his taut muscles, in his erect cock, in the wonderful moans that escaped him with every stroke of Mulder’s fingers.

Mulder used his other hand to clumsily put on a condom and more lubricant. He took a deep breath, and let it out slowly, focusing tightly on self control. He was harder than he had ever been before. He gently pulled out his fingers, using his free hand to hold Alex still while he did so. “Turn over.”

Alex whimpered at the empty feeling, but eagerly rearranged himself on his hands and knees to allow the other man access. A fine sheen of sweat covered his entire body, and Mulder paused to run his tongue down Alex’s spine, drinking in the taste before he aligned the head of his cock with the entrance to Alex’s body. He hesitated for a moment, then settled his hands on Alex’s hips, and gently shoved just the head of his cock inside.

No fantasy, no matter how inspired, can prepare you for the real thing, Mulder decided. The fact of knowing that sex with a man would feel good had nothing to do with the reality, with the wonderful musky, hot, tight and sweaty reality of having sex with another man.

Cold analysis kept Mulder from coming instantly. Cold analysis and his trembling hands keeping Alex from moving long enough for him to regain his control. Tight was the first part of that analysis. Alex’s ass was tighter than anything Mulder could have imagined. Hot was the second part. Inside Alex, it was warm and slick with the lube and the combined heat of their two bodies. And then reason failed him, and it was simply perfect and wonderful. A soft groan escaped Mulder, and he slid his hands up the smooth, lightly muscled planes of Alex’s back, and finally allowed Alex to move.

Alex pushed backward, trying to get all of Mulder into him, and Mulder pushed forward with the same goal. At Alex’s first gasp, Mulder pulled back, then reason died and he pushed forward again. He and Alex began to work together, until they established a pounding rhythm that had them both panting and sweating like racehorses.

More than moans were escaping Alex now, words that Mulder didn’t have the brain power left to process. He slid one hand around to begin stroking Alex’s cock for him, trying to match the rhythm of his stroking with their thrusting. He was amazed by Alex’s responsive body. Between the panting and the screaming, he was still murmuring softly. It was incredibly erotic. Mulder leaned over to kiss him and whisper “Alex,” into his ear.

What Mulder didn’t realize immediately was that he had just changed the angle of penetration without any warning. Of course, he realized it when he sank himself to the hilt in Alex’s tight, warm, welcoming ass and Alex screamed at the top of his lungs, then shuddered underneath Mulder and came all over his hands. Under the circumstances, apologizing didn’t seem appropriate. Mulder settled for raining quick kisses all over Alex’s neck and shoulders.

They collapsed on top of the bedcovers, and lay still, breathless and tangled together, for a few minutes before Mulder remembered how to speak. “You know, I’ve never actually done this before.”

Alex raised his head slightly from Mulder’s warm chest and gazed sleepily at him. “Which? What?”

Mulder kissed Alex’s lips again, savoring the carnal taste of Alex and himself mingled together. “I’ve never had sex with a man before.”

Alex sat up. “What?” He stared into Mulder’s placid hazel eyes.

Mulder smiled. “I’ve never gotten this far,” he confessed. “I’ve had oral sex, and made out a lot, but I’m not the easiest man to deal with. So tell me, what were you saying?”

Alex blushed. Since he was naked, Mulder could see the flush and feel the heat of it spread all over his lovely body. “Mmm...” Alex snuggled back into Mulder’s chest, unable to look him in the eyes. There was no getting out of it now, was there? “Beautiful one..” Alex looked into Mulder’s warm hazel eyes. “My master, my own.”

Mulder licked his lips and smiled. “How...erotic. Do you always say that when you have sex?”

Alex laughed. “No. I know I’m a slut, but...I didn’t know what I was really looking for until I met you.” Alex kissed him. “I’ve never said any of that before.”

“Mmmm...” Mulder pulled Alex closer, and drank in the sight of him for a moment. His lean narrow face was still slightly flushed, his lips were swollen with kisses, and a light sheen of sweat covered his body. Mulder closed his eyes and inhaled. Alex smelled wonderful, warm and slightly musky. He heard Alex moan softly, and opened his eyes to look at him again. “What is it?”

“The way you are looking at me is incredibly sexy. What are you thinking about?” Alex was breathing faster, and was aroused again. He ran a hand down Mulder’s face.

Mulder turned his head to lightly kiss Alex’s fingers. “I just want to make sure I remember all this, someday when I’m old and grey.” He continued kissing Alex’s hand, and began working his way down his arm, then across his shoulder to his neck, and then worked his way up to Alex’s lips. “I don’t want to forget any of this, ever.”

Alex was seriously worried about his inability to breathe when Mulder kissed him. It was as if Mulder had a direct route to a short circuit in his brain. He pushed the thought away, and returned Mulder’s kisses. “My prince, my angel.” He licked Mulder’s nipple, and was rewarded with a deep sigh that sent a jolt of energy straight to his cock. “I want more of you.”

Mulder pulled away, to let his lover look deep into his eyes. “Take whatever you want.”

Alex’s eyes lit up to the color flesh-warmed green jade. “Lie down.” His new lover complied gracefully, sprawled out on the bed like a fine buffet. Alex smiled, and the look on his face made the pertinent parts of Mulder’s body begin stirring again. Alex pulled off the used condom, and tossed it away. Mulder reached out, but Alex pushed his hand away. “My turn, I get to play,” he protested. Mulder smiled lazily, and put his hands behind his head.

Alex looked up at Mulder, and licked his lips in a slow, sensual manner. His eyes held green fire and a million promises, and began to fulfill many of them by bending his dark head down to Mulder’s cock. His tongue danced around the head, licking Mulder clean. Mulder inhaled sharply; he was still feeling quite sensitive and Alex was much better at this than anyone Mulder had ever been with.

Alex dragged his tongue down the side of Mulder’s cock, then swirled his tongue around the base before moving his mouth down to caress Mulder’s heavy balls with his lips and tongue. Mulder gripped a pillow to keep from forcing Alex’s head back to his cock. Alex sucked and nuzzled Mulder’s balls for a few more moments before moving back to his penis, easily taking Mulder’s entire length in his experienced mouth. Not that Mulder was particularly small, but Alex was particularly skilled in this area. Mulder thrust upward involuntarily, and Alex finally brought his hands into play, using one as a light restraint, and letting the other travel over Mulder’s chest to play with his nipples. He twisted one hard, and sucked fiercely on Mulder at the same time.

Mulder screamed, something he had never done during sex before, and almost came. Alex quickly pulled away, a little surprised by how well that had worked. But he wasn’t done. He quickly slid a fresh condom onto Mulder’s erection, and straddled his lover’s hips.

Mulder struggled to regain control, and had to close his eyes rather than watch the incredible sight of Alex mounting him. It was bad enough he had to feel Alex’s tight ass surrounding him again, but to watch would have sent him right over the edge. As it was, having come so recently, he could hold back, and let Alex’s body ride his instinctive thrusts. Mulder eased his hands along Alex’s legs, and didn’t open his eyes until he felt Alex lean over and lightly lick his chest. He could see his cock sliding in and out of Alex’s ass. Mulder wasn’t strong enough to watch without coming faster than he really wanted to, so he looked down at Alex, who was obviously going to start working his mouth over Mulder’s taut nipples. Alex smiled at him, and Mulder groaned and shut his eyes tightly.

Alex moaned into Mulder’s chest. They fit so well together, better than Alex had ever dreamed. His penis was caught between their two bodies, and even without any other stimulation, he knew that he was going to come soon. Mulder was thrusting harder and harder, holding Alex’s waist so tightly that he knew was going to have the bruises he hungered for. He left Mulder’s nipples to begin biting and sucking at his neck, retaining only enough restraint to stay below the collarline.

Mulder arched up, and bit Alex’s neck in response. Alex threw back his head and came, screaming, but Mulder held on, leaving a definite mark of ownership at the base of Alex’s neck. Alex’s muscles tightened around Mulder’s cock, forcing him to follow Alex into orgasm as he thrust one last time into him.

They sank into the bed again, and again lay there almost helpless as the sweat evaporated from their bodies. Alex used one of the sheets to wipe them both clean before the semen dried. At the moment, neither man could think beyond wriggling underneath the sheets and holding each other until sleep claimed them.

*.*

Love was different than he thought it would be. Mulder had expected something explosive. Instead he felt whole. Looking down at Alex while he slept made Mulder feel like a tribal guardian, relaxing as he saw the effects of being where he belonged. I belong here, thought Mulder. He trailed a hand down the side of Alex’s face. So beautiful. How did my partner in the FBI turn out to be what I’ve been looking for all my life? Alex stirred under his touch, turning his face towards Mulder’s warm hands.

“Fox,” he whispered softly. He was still asleep, and couldn’t see the life drain out of Mulder’s face. He knew it wasn’t normal to have that kind of reaction to hearing his own name, but he couldn’t help it. Fear filled him, fear that Alex would turn out to be a pawn in some terrible game, or worse, a willing participant. He pulled his hand away. Deep inside him, the real fear kept whispering to him: what if he disappears too? What if loving him makes him a target?

Mulder pulled himself out of the tiny bed and looked out to the ugly skyline again. And how long had Alex been dreaming of him? If it was even him, he thought cynically. But he was fairly certain that he was indeed the focus of his new partner’s fantasies.

Mulder walked out into the living room where it was quiet, dark, and it smelled like sex. This was a cozy little apartment. Someone lived here. Not like his own expensive little hovel, which he basically used as nothing more than storage space. He turned on one of the small reading lights, and let himself be drawn to the bookshelf.

Books, in Mulder’s opinion, were better than eyes for seeing into someone’s soul. Alex’s collection showed a connection to the culture of Russia; to his parents, who had left them to him. Mulder picked up one of the journals at random.

Fyodor is wrong, wrong. What is worth fighting for? Dying for? If not love, than what? What other force could drive men and women to such lengths? Patriotism? Freedom? The sound of your lover’s heart beating beneath your hand? It happens! Just because I’ve never felt it, doesn’t mean it isn’t real. I’ve seen it in others, in my father’s eyes. I will find the way to love, now that I have these guideposts that I know will lead me astray.

Mulder touched the coffee and tear stained page reverently. Alex had classical and beautiful handwriting. He used a fountain pen, with varying shades of ink. Mulder replaced that journal and tried another.

I hate it here. So much wasted matter masquerading as fellow students. Georgetown is a wasteland. If it weren’t for the library, and of course, Lisl, I would leave here in a heartbeat. I wish I had been strong enough to go north after all, and to have made her come with me.

Too depressing, Mulder thought. Freshman year was a bad time for everyone, he guessed. Mulder flipped ahead.

The doctor says I must not blame myself for surviving. That my parents would not be happy to see me like this, that I mustn’t blame Lisl or myself. But I can’t help it. I don’t want to be around her anymore. My parents are gone forever, and if it’s not her fault, then it is mine. Who else is there to blame?

Mulder, not caring about violating Alex’s privacy, stopping reading snippets and began seriously skimming the journal for a clearer explanation. Apparently, he’d been on a family vacation with his parents and his girlfriend when they had all been involved in a car accident. His parents had died; he and his girlfriend had survived, but the relationship hadn’t. Alex finished the semester with some difficulty, and taken a year off to oversee burying his parents in their ancestral village somewhere in Russia. That was all he could glean from the broken-hearted writings in Alex’s journal. Alex had a way with drama and tragedy in his writing that Mulder found even more appealing than his kisses. Mulder settled down on the couch, to relieve the tragedies of Alex’s first year at Georgetown in detail.

It was dawn that woke him finally, the sun streaming into his eyes. God, thought Mulder, where am I? Then in a flood, the memories of the previous night returned. Mulder struggled off the lumpy couch, and returned Alex’s journal to its resting place on the bookshelf. A foolish swig of beer from the table replaced the awful taste in his mouth with something much worse, and he rushed to the kitchen to rinse his mouth out with water. The coffeemaker called to him, and he dug through the little kitchen until he finally found the coffee hiding in the refrigerator. Whole beans? thought Mulder groggily. It was too early for this. He stumbled into the bedroom, where Alex still lay. He had curled up to a fetal position in his sleep. It looked liked he’d been crying in his sleep.

Mulder stared, knowing the scene was being burned into his memory without his help. He’d never seen anything so painful and beautiful. He leaned over, and kissed Alex’s tears away. As he had last night, Alex strained forward in his sleep to accept more physical intimacy. This time Mulder gave him what he wanted, wrapping his arms around Alex, pulling him into his embrace and kissing him until he awoke, breathless and hard. “Good morning.”

“Good morning,” whispered Alex, and returned the kiss feverishly. Mulder responded in kind, until the alarm on the bedside table began beeping frantically.

“I guess we should get up and go to work, huh?”

Alex nodded. “We can’t both call in sick and spend the day in bed, now can we?” His eyes were a smoky green this morning. It was obvious that he was nervous about how Mulder would want to treat the sexual and emotional side of their relationship. Sleeping with your partner wasn’t the best idea for FBI agents.

Mulder smiled, then darted in to kiss Alex on that irresistible spot at the base of his neck. “No, but I’m free all weekend. Now hurry up and make the coffee. I have to stop at my apartment to get clean clothes.” Mulder stood up, still smiling, and went into the bathroom for a quick shower.

Alex stared after him for a moment, then a shy smile overtook his face. He sat in bed for a moment, then realized he was sitting alone in his bed staring and smiling at the bathroom door. He sprang out of bed and ran into the kitchen. The real world would have to wait a little while longer.

Followed by: Party Rules I: Never Sleep With A Superior