Stephen King and William Gibson on 'The X-Files'

Following is a press release from Fox Television:

THRILLER AUTHOR STEPHEN KING AND SCIENCE FICTION AUTHOR WILLIAM GIBSON WRITE EPISODES OF 'THE X-FILES' FOR FEBRUARY SWEEPS

Author Stephen King ("The Stand," " The Dead Zone," "The Shining") and renowned science-fiction writer William Gibson ("Neuromancer," "Virtual Light," "Johnny Mnemonic") each have penned an episode of THE X-FILES that will air in February on FOX.

"It was wonderful to collaborate with Chris Carter on this episode -- I had a great time playing with Chris' toys, " said King about writing the episode with THE X-FILES' creator and Executive Producer Chris Carter. King is the author of over 30 novels, including the forthcoming "Bag of Bones," and has written several television mini-series, including the upcoming "Storm of the Century."

"Chinga," written by King and Carter, airs Sunday, Feb. 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). While on vacation in Maine, Agent Scully (Gillian Anderson) encounters a bizarre case where the victims appear to have inflicted wounds upon themselves --apparently at the behest of a strange young girl.

"Kill Switch," which airs Sunday, Feb. 15 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), was written by Gibson and fellow science-fiction author Tom Maddox. Agents Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully investigate the strange death of a computer genius, only to become targets of an unlikely killer capable of the worst kind of torture.

THE X-FILES wraps up a chilling sweeps month with a two-part mythology episode. In part one, which airs Sunday, Feb. 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), a series of horrific mass killings leads Mulder to startling evidence of extraterrestrial life while Scully confronts an unexpected new threat to her life.

In part two, which airs Sunday, March 1 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), pursuing a threat to Scully, Mulder is drawn into a dangerous confrontation with creatures whose existence could expose the conspiracy surrounding extraterrestrial life.

Chris Carter is the creator and executive producer of THE X-FILES, which is produced by Twentieth Television in association with Fox Broadcasting Company. Robert Goodwin also serves as an executive producer; Frank Spotnitz is co-executive producer; J.P. Finn, Kim Manners, Vince Gilligan and Paul Rabwin are producers, and Lori Jo Nemhauser and John Shiban, co-producers.


Home | Back to X-Files | Back to X-Files episode guide